~FORTY TWO~

'Zara zara bahekta hai, mahekta hai
Aaj to mera tan badan, main pyaasi hoon
Mujhe bhar le apni baahon mein.'

Shehnaz woke up to a loud grunt and groaning. She sighed and opened her eyes and turned to her side to face him. His face was smashed into the pillow, his hands tried to cover his face from the glaring light from the window. She hissed, they always closed the curtains, she must've forgotten last night. She quickly got up and slid then back into place act the room was dark, yet again.

"Uthega?" She whispered, touching the back of his head softly. Another groan left his mouth.

"Baby, bathroom mein chalke baith." She mumbled. Despite his throbbing headache, he knew she was right. He could smell the alcohol on himself and felt slightly disgusted. He tried to get up but every movement made his head spin. She grabbed his hands and pulled him up, he tried to move away, not wanting her to smell the intoxication.

"Drame math kar. Chal." She scolded, dragging him into the bathroom and letting him support himself on her. He slid down against the glass door of the shower next to the toilet bowl, holding his head in his hands. He whined softly making her giggle. And then a few seconds later, she heard him heaving into the bowl, vomitting out all the toxins. She continued to brush her teeth and watched him, and then spat out the foam and cleaned her face and crouched down next to him, rubbing his back. He heaved and heaved, pushing everything out of his stomach. She filled up the rinsing cup with water and gave it to him. He washed out his mouth and she walked out, grabbing his towel and clean clothes and helped him up and into the shower.

"Thank you." He mumbled, pulling off his shirt. She walked out, closing the door behind her.

"Good Morning maa!" She smiled as soon as she walked into the kitchen.

"Morning baccha!" Maa smiled, handing her a cup of coffee.

"Thank you. Aaj kya banau?" She asked, opening up the frige and standing on front of it, staring as if something new would pop up in the fridge all of a sudden.

"There's bread. Khaa lenge. Tum dono ko bahar nahi jaana aaj?" She said.

"Jaana hain. Aaj kuch meeting hain Kaushal ke saath." She mumbled.

"Toh saara kaam khatam karlo. Kalse kahi nahi jaa rahe ho. Subah subah tere dada aur dadi aare hain. Aur kal mehendi lagana hain." She informed her.

"Haaye sach?" She gasped.

"Haan."

"Sach mein bulwaya?"

"Tu ne hi bola na ki lagwayegi." She smiled.

"Thank you!" She giggled happily.

"Kuch bhi..." She laughed.

"Ande ke saath bread?" She asked, scrunching her nose up.

"Haan. Tere liye parathe banadeti hoon." Maa said.

"Haaye aap baitho. Main sabke liye banati hoon. Gobi ke!" She exclaimed, pulling out an entire flower of it from the vegetable box in the fridge.

"Itna kaam kaise karegi subah subah?"

"Kyun nahi kar sakti aur aapka beta poora hangover karake baitha hain andhar. Khaayega aaj 4 parathe at least." She giggled.