~sixty four~

"Main kuch soch rahi thi." Shehnaz said, sitting on the bed.

"Hmm?"

"Iske liye ek walker type jo hota hain woh order karloon." She said. Sidharth was very focused, his eyes squinted and his lips tucked into his mouth as he held Sona still in his lap and pulled a booger out of her nose. It had been troubling her all morning, but he had just given her a bath and she was wrapped up in a towel, trying to bite down on his hand that was close to her mouth.

"Preeti ne kiya shayad. She was saying something about that." He said softly.

"Sweetheart ruk." He said, she was so tiny, his fingers were bigger than her entire nose.

"Main karu?" Shehnaz giggled.

"Nahi. Aagaya." He said defensively, he was almost competing with her tiny nose, to see who would win.

He struggled a bit, pushing her nose back with his thumb and using his other hand to pull, he could feel her new teeth sinking into his palm, and her little tongue lapping at it, he tried to be gentle at the same time, being a father felt great.

"Yes!" He yelled in a whisper, pulling it out and wiping it off on a tissue. There was an unusual satisfaction in what he just did, he grinned with pride. Who would have thought, this man who had a shelf full of trophies and medals, certificates and momentos; not only from the industry, shows and all that, but also academically would find it an achievement to successfully pick his daughters nose. He smacked a kiss to her chubby cheeks and squeezed her tiny self against him. He loved being a father.

"Okay." Shehnaz laughed, watching him celebrate, and pulled Sona onto her own lap. She towelled her slightly longer hair dry. Her pink cheeks were glowing as she blabbered into her mumma's chest. She laid her down on the bed and moisturised her small chubby body.

"Mumma bol ek baar." She cooed, kissing her nose.

"Nahi. She says it all the time, papa bol please." Sidharth pleaded, laying on his stomach, his face close to hers and smothering it with kisses.

"Say papa meri jaan." He said, she watched him attentively, grabbing into his nose. She loved his nose, she bit it, pinched it, squeezed it and did all that.

"Pa-pa." He said, while Shehnaz put a diaper on her. She just tried to pull him further down by his nose, she was at that age where absolutely everything needed to be bitten upon, including people. He pressed a kiss to her forehead, and the to her pink chubby cheeks.

"Kitna cute hain tu baccha." He said, nuzzling his nose to her cheek making her laugh, all her 3 and a half teeth on show, he missed her gummy smile. She was small, but much bigger now, she was tiny for being 10 months old, but a bigger than she used to be.

"Ma-mma." She dragged on, making Shehnaz grin as she slid on yellow suspenders up her chunky legs. She grabbed her hands and sat her up, kissing her little mouth.

"Mela guddhu baccha." She cooed, kissing her forehead. She pulled a small pink t-shirt over her head, making her eyes fall close and a loud screech leave her mouth. She put the t-shirt through her hands, and then buttoned up the suspenders.

"Aaj Sona ke baal banau?" She said sweetly.

"Papa ke baal bhi banayegi mumma aaj." She giggled, using the soft brush to gather her little short hair in the center and tying a soft rubber band around it. She brushed the little pony that stood up on her tiny head and fluffed it up, making it fall like a tiny fountain.

"Maalish karegi toh jo chahe wo karsakti hain mumma papa ke saath." He grinned, clutching into her cheek with his teeth. She yelped, smacking his cheek.