Chapter 19

Hawak ang aking batok, umupo ako sa swivel chair at nag-iwas ng tingin kay Marcus. I could feel him smiling teasingly at me, though. Lumipat siya sa sofa at itinuloy 'yung naputol na international call dahil iba ang inatupag niya.

"You can use my laptop if you're bored..." he said when he noticed that I was eyeing it.

Medyo hirap akong makipag-titigan sa kanya kaya saglit lang akong bumaling sa direksyon niya. I didn't want him to think that I wasn't happy with our first kiss nor did I feel unsatisfied, but my cheeks were flushed and my feet seemed like floating right now. It was just... unbelievably good.

I cleared my throat and licked my lips. "I'm not bored, but I'm gonna use it anyway."

I actually wanted to search something, but I couldn't remember what exactly those words are. I was pretty sure that he spoke in German, though.

Pumangalumbaba ako at pinaglaruan 'yung mouse. I opened Google Translate, but I just couldn't recall what he said. Sa sobrang pagkababad ko sa laptop, hindi ko namalayan na nasa likuran ko na pala si Marcus. I took a sharp breath when I felt him buried his chin on my right shoulder.

He laughed when he saw that I was typing some bad words to translate them in German. "Hey! I didn't cuss at you! Delete that, Laia."

Smirking, I crouched my head to the side and met his gentle gaze at me. "You said something to me earlier. What does that mean?"

Inikot niya 'yung swivel chair at idinikit ang sandalan no'n sa lamesa; bahagya siyang yumuko bago ako binihag ng kanyang matitipunong bisig. His left hand stayed on the armrest while he lifted the right one to cup my chin. My heart was going wild in my chest. The heat just spread out to my body now that we were close to each other again. And the look in his eyes... it just seemed so different.

He lifted my head and smiled at me. "You don't have to search it up. I can say those words to you right here, right now. Everyday... I won't get tired so long as it's you."

I swallowed the lump in my throat.
"W-What is it, then?"

"Mahal kita..." his voice almost broke when he murmured those words to me. It was so sincere that it made my heart pound harder.

"Mahal din kita," sinabi ko ng walang pag-aalinlangan.

There was no doubt that I was in love with him. No second thoughts, no buckles. My heart spoke for me...

Hawak ang kanyang mga kamay, tumayo ako nang hindi inaalis ang tingin sa kanyang mukha. Ang cute lang dahil mukhang siya pa ang mas nagulat sa aming dalawa. Like he wasn't expecting that I'd confess my feelings, too.

"What?" I chuckled softly. "I feel the same way as you. How can I not fall in love with you?"

He tried to fight it, but his smile betrayed him. Afraid that I might see his bloodshot eyes, he embraced me so tight. I put my arms around his neck as my vision has started to blur.

Inilayo niya 'yung ulo niya para matingnan ako ng maayos, ngunit ang kanyang mga braso ay nananatiling nakapulupot sa baywang ko. His right hand caressed my cheek and his mesmerizing eyes were trying to go deep as he stared into mine.

"I didn't need forever to realize that I'm in love with you, Laia. I don't want you to feel scared or anything, but just one look at you... One look and I could tell that I had found the one for me. You filled my heart with happiness that I've never felt before."