Chapter 37

This chapter is dedicated to: kkkrrrzzz and Yourqueenkaye

But don't you
Don't you smile at me and ask me how I've been
Don't you say you've missed me if you don't want me again
You don't know how much I feel I love you still
So why don't you, don't you?

-Don't You (Taylor Swift)

Sa sumunod na araw ay gumising ako ng matamlay. I didn't know how did I able to drive home with a heavy heart last night. I felt like I was floating and all I could see was complete darkness. Although I knew I'd run into him someday and I prepared mentally for that, iba pa rin talaga 'yung pakiramdam na naroon na siya sa harapan ko. My confidence went downhill. And his eyes... The gentleness was gone; all that was left was rage and indifference.

Hinawi ko 'yung kumot at bumangon. Kakagising ko pa lang, pero pagod na 'agad ako. I went to the bathroom for my morning rituals, and when I stepped out, I saw Bridgette pacing back and forth in front of the bed. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang tinitingnan niya sa cellphone niya, pero bakas ang kapilyahan sa kanyang mukha.

"Hoy!" Tawag ko kaya naagaw ko ang kanyang atensyon. "Nanonood ka ng porn? Ang aga-aga, ah?"

Humalakhak siya. "Mukha mo! Hindi ko na kailangang manood ng gano'n!" Nilapitan niya ako. "Just take a look at this! Trending kayo ni Daniel!"

Kunot-noo kong kinuha 'yung cellphone niya. My eyes then widened in shock when I saw the post she was talking about. The video of Daniel and I taken from the Kiss Cam has already reached a million views ever since it was posted last night. Libo-libong netizens ang nag-share niyon at umabot pa sa puntong na-ere ang balita tungkol doon.

"The rumors of you being in a relationship with the mayor's son and one of the most respectable lawyers in the city had once again circulated in the internet. The media couldn't turn a blind eye especially when the netizens are going crazy about your public display of affection last night!" ani Bridgette na tuwang-tuwa sa spotlight na aking tinatamasa.

I played the video again and realized that they even added a background song on it. Para mas romantic ang dating, gano'n ba?

Bridgette gave me a teasing smile. "Ano'ng masasabi mo? Magsalita ka naman diyan!"

Ibinalik ko sa kanya 'yung cellphone sabay talikod para maisampay 'yung tuwalya ko. "What do you want me to say? You know how I feel about him. Oo, natuwa ako no'ng napanood ko 'yung video..." Saglit ko siyang nilingon. "Pero walang sparks. Hindi ako kinilig..."

She sighed and sat on the bed. "I know, Olga. Halata namang mas masaya pa ako kaysa sa 'yo, eh. I just assumed that Daniel had followed you when you left last night, and then you two realized that maybe you could be more than friends. Naisip ko na baka nagsisimula na ang love story n'yo 'tapos may pa-trending pa kayong nalalaman. It was my fault, though. Hindi ko ch-in-e-c-k kung nasaan ka o kung nakauwi ka na ba kasi alam mo na..."

Crossing my arms, I smirked and walked toward the bed. Pinasadahan ko ng tingin ang suot niya. "I have no right to scold you for not going home last night. You're old enough to decide on your own. At sanay naman na ako na bigla-bigla kayong nawawala ni Warren. Although I understand where you're coming from, you have to keep in mind that my heart hasn't healed yet. Daniel is indeed a good guy, but I don't deserve him. I think it's time for me to clear this up again before it gets out of hand."