Chapter 51

This chapter is dedicated to: KlareRamos5 and yannzylaureta

Dinala ng mga arresting officer sa headquarters si Rein Romualdez upang pormal na sampahan ng kaso. As my legal counsel, Daniel didn't leave my side the whole time. Yvonne was also there as she was sent by Marcus to help in the case.

"Ba't ang tahimik mo? Makukulong na si Rein, oh! Pagkatapos nito, magsusulputan na ang iba pang nagawan niya ng atraso. Patong-patong na reklamo na ang haharapin niya. Ewan ko na lang kung  makalusot pa siya," ani Bridgette na saglit na tinakasan ang duty para silipin ang lagay ko.

I lifted my blank gaze at her. "It just hit me... I felt like the whole operation was ruined because of her. Of course, I felt satisfied as she finally got what she deserves, but her husband would probably be more careful from now on. He'll try to lay low and not attract the attention of the public and the PNP, specifically. Who knows kung kailan ulit sila lilitaw? Habang tumatagal ang pagtatago nila, lalong babagal ang pag-usad ng kaso. We know how slow and dirty the justice system in the Philippines can be. And with the media feasting on this case, it just sucks that some pieces of information they delivered to the public were twisted; but that's just how it is. I hope Glen got the right message—may pakialam man siya sa asawa niya o wala."

Speechless, Bridgette blinked her eyes. "Y-You're right... I was overwhelmed. Hindi ko naisip 'yan. But come to think of it, they may be working together to distract us; they might be brewing something bigger and... dangerous. It's suspicious of Rein to put on a show like that after days of hiding like a scared cat."

"It wasn't a show, though. She had every motive to kill me. She couldn't accept that it happened to her and her family, so putting an end to my life was her last resort. And Glen would've done it himself if they were planning to give me a bigger and dangerous surprise. Sa lagay ni Rein, masasabi kong hindi pa sila nakakapag-usap ng asawa niya magbuhat nang tumakas ito sa ospital."

Humugot ng malalim na hininga si Bridgette bago tumago. "Point taken. I wasn't there to begin with; you were the one who got to observe her. But I'm so glad you're safe. Dahil kung may nangyaring hindi maganda sa 'yo, alam mo kung ano'ng kaya kong gawin sa babaeng 'yon na mauuwi sa pagkatanggal ko sa serbisyo."

Grinning widely, I spread my arms and hugged her. "Sobrang cringey talaga 'pag ganito tayo, eh!" We both laughed. "Sometimes, I feel like I wanna shoot you, but I'm so grateful for you."

"You're too honest!" Her fingers brushed my hair, low-key pulling it. "But it's good that we don't play with guns 'cause I could imagine us leading our gang! Pucha! Kung tinuloy lang natin ang pagiging mga gago natin noon, baka sina Renan at Alfredo pa ang humuli sa 'tin. I'd flirt with the latter! I find him hot, but I don't fuck with friends."

"Sus! Matagal ko nang alam ang lihim mong pagnanasa kay Alfredo, 'no?" mariin kong bulong sa kanya habang tinatanguan 'yung mga kabarong napapatingin sa gawi namin.

Siniko niya ako sabay taas ng kilay. "Eh, 'yung nararamdaman niya? Alam mo ba?"

"Nararamdaman na ano?" I also raised my eyebrow, higher than hers.

"Nararamdaman niyang mamulot ng bato para ipukpok sa ulo mo..." poker face niyang sagot.

"Una ka na... Mas matigas naman ang bungo mo..." I responded teasingly.

She held the top of her head unconsciously as if a flash of memories flooded her mind. Smirking, I winked at her to point out that all of her secrets are safe with me.

"Hindi kita ibubuking. I don't wanna remember it eaither..." tinapik ko ang balikat niya bago siya iniwang tulala roon.

I stayed in the headquarters 'till late afternoon. The press was asking for an interview, but I didn't grant their request for it would only stress me out. Ang pamilya ko lang ang pinaliwanagan ko sapagkat mabilis na nakarating sa kanila ang balita. Hassle lang ýon, eh. I just needed to provide them with the complete details and information, so that they no longer come here. But that wasn't the case for Marcus; he boarded the plane immediately when he learned about what happened. Kaya naman nang natapos ang mga proseso sa pagsasampa ng kaso ay bumalik ágad ako sa condo at doon naghintay.