Chapter 27

Pinanindigan ko 'yung pagiging feeling close ko kay Madame Melody nang iwan kami ni Alexander sa receiving area ng opisina ni Marcus.

The scrumptious Basque burnt cheesecake and coffee were served in the table and she let me cut a slice for her. Her friendly smile didn't leave her lips as she sipped some coffee. Dahil magkatabi kami, masasabi kong sinusuri niya talaga ng mabuti ang mukha ko. Medyo na-conscious tuloy ako dahil wala akong ka-ayos-ayos.

"You know, Olga; aside from me, my sister is really looking forward to meeting you. Siguradong maiinggit sa akin 'yon 'pag nalaman niyang nagkita na tayo. Even my daughters are asking their cousin about you. Ewan ko ba kay Marc at daig pa ang nasa showbiz kung itago ang girlfriend niya!"

I pinched my fingers without breaking the eye contact. "Sa totoo lang po, Tita, hindi niya ako magawang ipakilala sa inyo kasi nahihiya ako. No offense, but I thought his family's just like the other rich people out there. And I feel like I'm not good for him."

"Why would you say that?" She scooted closer to me and held my hands. "Although I understand where you're coming from, I want you to know that we're not like that. Wala kaming karapatang husgahan ang babaeng mahal ni Marc. My sister and I taught our children that when it comes to love, they may choose whoever their hearts desire as long as they won't get hurt. And please, don't mind other people's opinions. Gano'n talaga, eh. They'd rather act like a loser and be a laughingstock 'cause they can't bring you down."

Maybe, it was easy for others to not give a fuck to every single thing; but I gotta give that attention-seeker an little piece of my mind for her to apprehend that she messed with the wrong girl. Even though she succeeded at getting my attention, I got the last laugh 'cause I pissed her off.

"So, you're related to the Garcias of the food industry? I didn't know that! Ang lola mo at ang manugang niya lang kasi ang palagi kong nakikita sa t'wing um-a-attend ako ng parties or social gatherings. But I'm sorry to know that you lost both of your parents. It must be so hard for you to carry on as you didn't have any emotional support for you just met your relatives last year," ani Madame Melody nang ibahagi ko ang backstory ng pamilya ko sa kanya.

Tumango ako. "Mahirap po talaga kasi lumaki ako ng walang ina at si Papa lang ang naging sandalan ko. I had no choice but to become stronger and matured at such a young age. Time completely healed me. And I'm so much better and happy now because of my relatives and Marcus."

"You're really inspiring, Olga. I stan a strong and independent woman," she tapped my hands before she let them go.

Binawasan niya 'yung cheesecake niya kaya gumaya na rin ako. Hinihintay ko lang talaga siya, eh. Nahihiya kasi akong manguna sa pagkain.

Even the way she wiped her mouth was effortlessly elegant. "Umm, I don't mean to be nosy, but I really wanted to ask you this... Are you a model? You're so pretty! Matangkad ka at maganda pa ang hubog ng katawan. And I apologize for being blunt, but you're not exactly the type of girl that Marc used to date. Puro Latina kasi ang mga naging ex-girlfriend niya. Hindi siya interesado sa mga Pinay kaya bago sa 'kin na taga-Pilipinas ang girlfriend niya ngayon. And hopefully the last."

Hold up! Her last statement made me blushed. Approved na approved talaga ako! I really liked her, not just for the reason that she supported our relationship; but because she was so easy to get along with. She may look snobbish because of her aura, but once you get to know her, it was the complete opposite of what you thought she'd be like. And it was safe to assume that Marcus' mother was just like her.

"Uh, hindi po ako model. Pulis po ako." Pero suspended ngayon. "And I didn't know that he used to date Latinas. We don't usually talk about his past relationships because he just simply respects me and doesn't want me to think that I'm being compared with them."