𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑟

summer - 1972

Lily Evans ~ spends her summer getting praised by her parents and berated by her sister.  

As the months wear on, she realizes how much she needs her friends and how much they need her.

Marlene McKinnon ~ spends everyday playing endless games of backyard quidditch with her brothers and their friends. 

She uses her newfound knowledge of makeup from Lily to try (unsuccessfully) to capture the attention of the boys constantly hanging around her house. 

Mary Macdonald ~ tries as hard as she can to do the homework assigned to her for the summer, but just can't focus.

She picks up a paintbrush and gets to work, finally realizing for the first time what true satisfaction feels like.

Sirius Black ~ has the worst summer of his life. His family hates him, he hates himself, and worst of all, he's not allowed to receive letters from any of his Gryffindor friends. 

 With his connection to his part of the wizarding world gone, he realizes just how important his friends were to him and resolves to appreciate them more come the next school year. 

James Potter ~ writes to his friends constantly, and worries when Sirius doesn't write back. 

He also realizes how boring life is without people constantly around to hang out with and wishes more than anything that his friends were right there with him.

Remus Lupin ~ forgot how overbearing his parents can be about his condition and wishes they understood that there's no cure 

He spends his summer going from treatment to treatment and wishing more than anything that he was stuck in detention again with his friends.

Peter Pettigrew ~ realizes how scary the world can be without his friends at his side 

He spends his summer writing to them constantly, detailing every single thing he does each day and no doubt annoying them to no end.

Frank Longbottom ~ works in a muggle car repair shop down the road from his house all summer, spending his free time making quidditch plays in his head and missing Hogwarts.

Alice Fortescue ~ helps out at her father's ice cream shop in Diagon Alley until he gets too annoyed with her constant daydreaming and lack of focus and sends her off so she can write her fairytales in peace.  

Regulus Black ~  watches how his parents treat his older brother for getting into Gryffindor and dreads going to Hogwarts more and more every day

Severus Snape ~ hangs out with Lily pretty much everyday and tries as hard as he can to convince her that her friends are a bad influence. It doesn't work. 

A young, bright girl named Emmeline Vance goes to the quidditch world cup with her father and jumps for joy when she receives a letter from Hogwarts the day she gets home. 

Andromeda Black ~ struggles to make ends meet with Ted in their new apartment, but doesn't mind their lack of money. She's happier than she's ever been. 

Spends the summer planning a wedding for herself and Ted and decorating a room for her baby, who is due in January. 

Narcissa Black ~ takes Lucius Malfoy back after weeks of him apologizing, but isn't so sure it was the right decision. 

Finds out that her parents are making marriage arrangements with the Malfoys and comes to the bleak conclusion that she has her hands tied and there's nothing she can do about it. 

Bellatrix Black ~ doesn't fully understand what is happening with her sisters, but knows that she misses Andromeda and wishes Narcissa would go back to normal. 

Artemis Blake ~ spends the worst summer of her life in a cold, musty mansion in Portsmouth, far far away from the comforts of her childhood home...