𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝟕𝟏𝟕 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

𝟕𝟏𝟕 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

Artemis was curled up in the crook of Sirius's arm, trailing her fingers down his chest. It was late, but neither of them cared. Their clothes were scattered on the floor around the bed, and although fall was quickly approaching, Artemis was warm against Sirius, more comfortable than she could remember being in a long time. She shifted so she was leaning on his chest, her hair falling around his face before she tucked it behind her ears. "I love you," she said softly.

Sirius held her waist in one hand and held her hair back with the other. "I love you, Artemis." His face broke into that familiar troublesome smile, the left side of his lips pulling up more than the right. "Now come here-"

With one arm, he flipped Artemis over so she was beneath him. She giggled and pulled him down to kiss her, reveling in the feeling of his hands traveling over her skin.

Having sex with Sirius was different from anyone else she'd ever slept with. She had vivid memories of the people she dated at Hogwarts, the one night stands she'd had with people she barely knew, Professor Bones- although she still didn't like to think about that. They'd all treated her like an object to fuck, a means to an end. With Sirius, she didn't have to disassociate. She was there, fully and completely. He was entwined with her, he cared about what she wanted, and for the first time in her life, sex wasn't just a power move. It wasn't a means to and end for her either. It was something she really enjoyed.

Artemis's breath hitched and she looked up at Sirius with all the love in the world in her eyes. He was the only person in the world she'd ever looked at and thought, 'I want this to last forever.'

But there was a knock on the door. Sirius and Artemis both paused, Artemis's legs shaking a little from the tension of before and the sudden pause. "You heard that, right?" Sirius said, his voice rough.

"Yeah," said Artemis.

There was another knock. Sirius shook his head, his hair falling over his eyes. "Ignore it," he said. "Our damn friends..."

But the knock came again and Artemis sat up. "It could be serious."

"But I'm right here," Sirius said, laughing at his own pun.

She rolled her eyes at him and sat up. "I mean, it could be Moody or someone, something could've happened."

"Yeah, you're right," said Sirius. He clambered out of bed and started pulling his clothes back on. Artemis did the same.

Sirius made it to the door first and pulled it open. Artemis stood a few feet behind him, ready for whatever it could be at this hour. However, nothing could've prepared her for the person standing in the doorway.

"Percy?" she said, her eyes growing wide. "Percy, oh my god-"

He stepped into the house, looking thoroughly out of place. Artemis couldn't explain why, but she sprang forward to hug her brother. "Percy-"