𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝟐𝟕𝟏 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

𝟐𝟕𝟏 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

The winter was just fading into spring when everyone gathered at the Potter's house to help cast protective charms over it. Of course, it wasn't meant to be a happy occasion. The Order had just gotten word that the Potters would likely be targeted next after an elaborate stunt James and Lily had pulled under the advisory of Moody. The mission had given the Order crucial information they needed, but it also led to the simple fact that the Potters were no longer safe.

"Alohamora hexia," Marlene muttered, pointing her wand at the lock on the Potter's door.

"McKinnon!" barked Moody. "Anti-alohamora spells won't matter once we're done with the Fidelius. Make yourself useful and help Lupin with the shield charms."

Marlene cast an annoyed glance over her shoulder at him. "You told me to do ever protective measure I know. I'm being thorough, Mad Eye."

"Well, be thorough somewhere else!"

James chuckled, his wand raised in the air a few feet from Sirius.

"Focus..." Moody said in a low voice. "This'll only work if you focus."

"Focusing," said Sirius.

"Focusing so hard," said James.

"Shut up," said Moody.

Artemis stood at Remus's side, muttering enchantments under her breath as she waved her wand over the house and the backyard. She looked up at Lily, standing on the front porch, bouncing Harry on her hip, and smiled. "Don't think you're getting out of work because you have a baby, Evans!"

"Not my name anymore, Blake!" Lily called back. "And if you want to try and put him down for a nap, I'd be glad to do a few spells."

"I'll pass."

Remus snorted and let his wand arm fall to his side. "That's all I can think of. What about you?"

"Yeah, I've done pretty much every spell in the book," said Artemis. "I mean... literally. Fifth year, I memorized the glossary of our Defense textbook and I just ran through the whole thing in my head."

Remus stared at her. "How were you popular in school?"

"I'm pretty."

She turned to walk away, but Remus was still staring after her. "I mean really," he muttered to himself. "How the hell..."

Once all of the spells were cast, everyone ended up in the Potter's kitchen. Moody poured himself a glass of firewhiskey and stood at the counter, everyone gathered around him. "So, it's decided. Sirius is the secret keeper."

"Yes," said James.

Moody nodded. "Then it's settled. We'll finish the fidelius tomorrow, make the secret keeper official, and you three will be safe so long as you stay in the house."