𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝟕𝟔𝟓 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

𝟕𝟔𝟓 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

After the wedding, things went relatively back to normal. However, the definition of normal was changing so rapidly, it was hard to tell. Order meetings grew more frequent, as did disappearances, skirmishes with Death Eaters, and bad news about the rising of Voldemort.

It was the third Order meeting of the week. Artemis was sprawled out on the couch in the Burrow after a long night on patrol duty. Her head rested on Sirius's leg and she was relying on him to pay attention and fill her in on the meeting later.

At the front of the room, Moody looked almost as tired as she felt. "Meadows and Jones, I want you in Hogsmeade tonight with Potter and Eva-Potter. God, that never gets easier."

James and Lily exchanged a small smile.

"Black, I've got a mission for you and Potter- James, I mean." Moody shook his head in irritation. "If you lot are going to keep marrying each other, I'm giving you all nicknames."

"Oh, what would mine be?" James piped up.

Moody narrowed his eyes at him. "After patrol with you last night? Jumpy."

There was scattered laughter from around the room. Moody cleared his throat loudly. "Everyone has their patrol duties? Any last comments?" He gazed around the room. Nobody spoke up. "Alright- Blake, Lupin, and Shacklebolt, stay after. The rest of you, go home."

Everyone got up and started talking amongst themselves. Sirius checked if Artemis was awake, then ran his fingers through her hair. "Want me to wait for you?"

"No," she said, sitting up and letting her head rest on the back of the couch. "This might take awhile."

Moody had implemented 'planning sessions' after each meeting with select groups of members. He claimed smaller, more intensive meetings helped boost productivity. Most people hated them. Artemis didn't mind them. Usually Moody paired her up with one of her friends, and they spent the whole time shit talking different Death Eaters they went to school with.

Sirius stood up, then held his hands out to help Artemis to her feet. "You're not on patrol tonight, right?"

"Right."

"Alright, we're going to bed early tonight," he murmured, detangling a knot at the bottom of her hair. "I'm talking, like, six."

She gave him a soft smile. "Yeah, no arguments here. I'll see you at home."

He leaned down and kissed her cheek. "See you at home."

She made her way to the front of the room while the rest of the Order made their way out. Remus and Kingsley were already there, taking seats at the little table Moody had set up at the beginning of the meeting. Moody took his own seat at the top of the table.

"What would my nickname be?" asked Artemis.

"Stupefy- after the only spell you ever use in a duel," grunted Moody.