Pretty little bate

Hello, again my lovelies. Thank you for all of your kind words, I really appreciate it. I promised that you wouldn't have to wait long for this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it. I'm currently working on the next chapter and two new books that I hope will be up soon. I hope when it's up you guys will check it out. 

Anyway, happy reading. 

********************

Lacey P.O.V

"He hit you again, didn't he?"

Oliver turned my face from side to side, inspecting the bruise that my makeup failed to cover up. I moved my face away from him and involuntary tugged the sleeve of my top over the angry bruise on my wrist. However, this did not escape Oliver's keen eyes. He grabbed my hand and pushed my sleeve up, revealing the marks left by Richard.

"F**k, Lacey, why do you let him do this to you?

"It's not like I can just stop him, Olly."

He grabbed my face again, but this time I pushed his hand away. He was my friend and partner, but his closeness unsettled me, and besides, we were inside of the FBI building, anyone could see us. I knew that if word got back to Richard that Olly was touching me, I'd gain a few more bruises before the day ended.

"Leave it alone, Olly. We both know that Richard has eyes and ears everywhere."

He looked around just as I did, noticing the few eyes that were curiously cast our way. Oliver pulled away from me and stepped back, but it was already too late. I saw the office gossip, Marie James, looking at us and texting away on her phone at the same time.

I swore and so did Oliver, we both know that the entire building was going to be buzzing with rumours of him and me before we even got to the third floor.

Fear filled me when I thought about how pissed Richard would be. My feet froze on the spot, and I got the sudden urge to run and never look back. However, the moment I was about to let my feet take over, Killian's face popped into my head, and I just knew that if anyone could protect me from Richard it would be him. I just had to figure out how I was going to get him to do it.

Olly tapped my shoulder, breaking my train of thought. He gave me a concerned look and I smiled at him to let him know that I was okay. We both ignored the curious look that we were getting and made our way to the elevator. When we arrived on the third floor, sure enough, the entire office had already heard Marie's version of what happened.

"Are you two insane, flirting in the building where your crazy soon to be ex-husband works?"

Haley Dene, my best friend and colleague walked over to us. She has been pushing me for years to start a relationship with Olly, despite me being married to Richard. However, I thought that she and Olly were better suited as a couple.

"We were definitely not flirting."

I was irritated at Marie for starting yet another rumour about me, but I was more pissed off at myself because I should have known better than to let Olly touch me.

"Well, you should have been flirting, but maybe not inside the FBI building, but when you two are out alone on cases."

I rolled my eyes at her, and Olly walked off, whispering something about her being a broken record.

"That man is just waiting for you to jump him."

I laughed, "Not going to happen."

She frowned, "Why not? God knows you need to be thoroughly f**ked; you've been on hiatus for years."