Mystery Woman

You bitches are so lucky. Here you go. Here is another chapter. I'm going on vacation next week so I might not be able to upload chapters for that week. So, I wanted to give a few this week. This might be my last update until I come back from vacation. 

I know that you enjoyed my last chapter and are all excited that Red is back. However, don't be too sure about that. Things might get confusing when you read this one. 

Anyway, happy reading and remember I love you guys and this book would not be possible without all of your support. You guys are all my inspiration and my muse. 

************

Killian's P.O.V

The ringing of my phone woke me. I turned to answer it, and the woman beside me stirred. I looked at her and smiled. When morning came, I'd have to let her go. I knew that it was for the best, at least until I found out what the f**k was really going on. However, it still broke a piece of me to let her go back to Richard.

I was going to kill him; it was already a fact. However, how much torture he was going to get depends on if he touched my wife.

The phone rang again, and I retrieved it.

"Hello?"

"Hi dad, I didn't want to wake you. I know you're normally at the club, you know...thinking about mum. But some guy just called and left a strange message on the answering machine. He said that he has something that he thinks you'd be very interested in, and he's on his way to the house right now to show it to you."

Without waiting for her to finish, I was already out of the bed and getting dress. No one but family and very close friends knew where I lived and none of them would call the house phone to get to me, and even few would show up at my house after three in the morning.

"Stay inside, Freya. Don't open the gate to anyone and stay away from the windows. Better yet, wake Rosey and take her to the panic room. Don't open the door until you hear my voice, okay?"

She complied, "Okay. But what's going on dad, you're scaring me."

I heard the fear in her voice, but I also heard her hurriedly moving about. I didn't want to frighten her, but I didn't want her or Rosey in danger.

"Don't be scared sweetheart, just take Rosey and wait for me. I'll explain everything when I get there."

I hang up. I turned to the bed and my baby was already up and looking at me with worry in her eyes.

"Is everything alright, Killian?"

I walked over to her and sat on the bed. "I didn't mean to wake you, baby. Someone I don't know is on their way over to my house and my kids are home alone. I've gotta go check on them."

She flipped the covers off of her, ready to come out of the bed. I smiled but stopped her.

"No, don't. I can handle this. I'll call Mik and have him meet me there."

She frowned at me, "I'm an FBI agent, what if this person is some psycho and you need help detaining them?

I laughed. I loved that she was willing to be my backup, but I couldn't risk her being in danger, right when I got her back in my life.

"No one is more psycho than me, baby. Besides, if I don't like the look of them, I will kill them. I don't want to involve you and if everything goes south, you won't have to explain to the feds why you were at my place after three in the morning."

She was about to protest, but I kissed her lips to stop her. There was just no way I was risking her life.

"Be a good girl and wait until I return."