Terrible Trouble

Hello, my lovelies! I'm back with another chapter. I knew that you guys were looking forward to an update. So, I decided to write this chapter for you. I really hope you enjoy it. The plot is moving forward now, we will all soon get what we want or not. Hehehe, I'm so funny. 

Anyway, please enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think. 

P.S. I haven't forgotten about the giveaway. I still haven't thought of a good prize. My sister told me that a good prize would be to make book one into a paperback and give it to five lucky winners. Let me know what you think about this. If I did that, those five people would be the only ones with a paper copy of Holding on to you. 

*********

Lacey's P.O.V

Richard was on his way over, and I still hadn't come up with an excuse as to why I couldn't go live with his mum. I have considered asking Hayley for help, but her sister was going through a divorce and was staying with her. I even thought about Olly, but I didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

With my phone in my hand and Killian's number displayed on the screen, I contemplated calling and asking him for his help. I knew that he would, but I hesitated because I knew that when Richard found out, he'd use everything in his power to bring him down. I needed to escape from Richard, but not at the expense of Killian.

However, I was very tempted to call him. I looked at the bags that I'd packed and looked around my house. This was my freedom, and it was slowly slipping away from me. Richard was on his way to rip it all out from under my feet.

"Mummy, do we really have to go live with grandma?"

Liliane's lips were pouted as she asked the question. She didn't like going to her grandma very much, because mum would often get angry at them for the way they looked. Like it was somehow their fault that they didn't look more like Richard.

"Yeah, mummy. Grandma hates us."

"We don't wanna move, we like our own house."

Kailo and Liam chined in, both looking just as sad as Liliane. My heart hurt. I knew that mum can be really mean to them sometimes, but I never know that the kids noticed. They've never before said anything to me about it.

"We might not have a choice."

I said it more for myself than for them. The triplet started complaining and again I considered calling Killian for help. I was desperate and time was not on my side, but I kept hesitating because I was more scared of what would happen to him when Richard found out.

Keys turning in my door told me that my time was up. It was now or never. I looked at my children, their eyes were filled with fear as they waited patiently for their dad to come through the door.

However, I still couldn't bring myself to call Killian. Sighing, I hid the phone behind my back as Richard came into my house. My eyes glanced at the keys hanging from his fingertip in shock. However, did he get a copy?

"You guys ready to leave?"

Richard smiled at us, but none of us returned it. He noticed the hesitant look in our eyes and the smile slipped from his face, settling into a glare that I was all too familiar with.

"Mummy,"

one of the kids said it, but all of them got behind me to hide. They would always run and hide whenever Richard gets that angry look in his eyes.

"What the f**k is going on Lacey?!"

Richard yelled the question causing the kids to shriek in fear. Richard looked at them and seemed to get more upset.