Young love

Here you go, my lovelies. I hope you enjoy this chapter as well. I'm currently working on another one. Hopefully, it will be up soon. 

*****
Lacey, P.O.V

"Why don't you guys want a party?"

I was trying my best to convince the triplet to have a party, but they kept refusing. They were all rewarded for being best behaved in their class, and I wanted to celebrate.

"Mummy, we are too old to have parties," Kailo said.

I gasped at them. "What do you mean? You're only four."

They were looking at me as if to say, four is very big. My beautiful babies were growing up too fast, it made me sad.

"Okay, no party. What about I take you guys to the toy store in the mall, and you can get whatever you want? Doesn't that sound fun?"

They looked at each other smiling and clapping. I snorted, I guess they're still young enough to get toys.

"Okay my little chipmunks, get your jackets and let's go."

They squealed happily, running off to the coat closet to get their jackets. I grabbed my handbag and my keys. The triplet came back, jackets on and ready to go.

We got into the car and played music and sung to the top of our voices all the way there. We passed their favourite ice-cream place and they asked if we could stop and get some. I didn't want them eating ice cream whiles we go shopping, so I promised to get it for them on the drive home.

When we got to the mall, they were all excited. Liliane started talking about an American girl doll that she just had to have. All her friends had it and she was the only one without it. Liam said that he wanted Legos to add to his already growing collection. Kailo wasn't sure what he wanted as yet. He was going to decide when he got into the store.

We went to the Lego store first. Liam was very excited. We walked around looking at the different types of Legos. Every time I picked one up, he would proudly let me know that he had that already. We spend almost an hour trying to find something that he liked. Then, we went to the American doll store. By this time, Kailo was not happy. He was upset that he had to go last. I explained to him that because he didn't know what he wanted, he'd had to go last. He stomped his feet and told me that Liam and Liliane didn't know what they wanted either.

I couldn't argue with him on that, because Liliane also took a very long time choosing what doll she wanted. We had to call her friends and asked them which ones they had because she didn't want to have the same as them. She wanted to be different.

We finally settled on one and then we went to a toy shop that had everything so that Kailo could choose what he wanted. He didn't see anything he liked and opted for a handheld console game. At the end of it, I was exhausted and just wanted to find somewhere I could sit down.

I asked the kids what they wanted to eat. They all said fries and pizza. We found a pizza place not far from the American doll store and we went and got some food.

As we were eating, Liliane tapped my hand. I looked up at her curiously, wondering if she needed me to take her to the bathroom.

"What's the matter, sweetie?"

She leaned forward, "Mummy, that girl over there is staring at us."

I turned to see who she was talking about. In the middle of the room, about four tables away from us, a young girl about eleven or twelve, was staring at me. I looked behind me to see if she was looking at someone behind me, but no one was sitting there.