Forgotten, but not gone

Hello, my lovelies! How are you? Are you all enjoying the sun? Well, I'm not. It's hot as f**k where I am, and I feel like I'm living in an oven. Anyway, in case you guys wanted to know how my vacation went...it went to hell. I got sick, and I had to end it early. I was planning to write a few chapters on vacation, but fate had other ideas. Oh well, I'm better now and the writing is back on! 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you all for your well wishes. I love all you crazy bitches. 

********

 Lacey's P.O.V

I hated waiting, especially in the doctor's office. Waiting for the doctor to give me the results of my tests was always hard. You never know what to expect.

My headaches had resurfaced. I started having them when I first woke up after my accident. They lasted for almost a year but stopped when I changed the dosage of my medication. However, in the last few weeks, they had returned with a vengeance.

I turned just as the doctor walked into the room. She had a strange look on her face. She looked at the paper in her hands then looked back at me. Instantly I got a very bad feeling. My thoughts drifted to my kids. If anything were to happen to me, they would be devastated.

I clenched my fist as the doctor took her seat behind her desk. She was still observing the paper in her hand with that strange look. I was starting to get impatient.

She finally looked up at me. "Ms Malcroft, I can see from your files that you were in an accident that placed you in a coma for eight months and caused you to develop amnesia."

She looked at me for confirmation and I nodded my head. I was frustrated that she was going over something that has been in my record for many years. I was a frequent visitor to my doctors, coming once a month for a check-up and a refill of my medication. So, I didn't understand why she needed confirmation. However, as I was waiting for my appointment, I overheard one of the nurses saying that doctor Allens was a new hire. So, I tried my best not to be too upset.

"Your file says that you have been receiving treatment for your headache and memory loss. However, what I don't understand is why you are on these medications. The drugs prescribed to you are not used to treat memory loss, instead, they're used to suppress memories."

I gasped, confused. "What are you talking about? There must be some kind of mistake. Where's doctor Fillet, he knows all about my treatment."

She placed the paper on the desk and give me a pitiful look. "I'm sorry to say that doctor Fillet was involved in a serious automobile accident. He's being treated, but he's still in the critical stages. I'll be taking over your treatments."

Momentarily, I forgot about what the doctor said about my treatment and enquired more about doctor Fillet. She couldn't give me much information but did say that I could visit him in the hospital if his family allowed it.

She picked up the paper again and was about to continue explaining more about my treatment and the drugs that I was on. However, the door to her office opened, startling us both.

The man and the woman that entered were both wearing white lab coats. So, I assumed that they were doctors. The woman glanced my way for a split second but return her gaze to doctor Allens.

"Pardon our interruption, doctor Allens, but can we have a word with you outside? It's urgent."

I looked back at doctor Allens, and she looked just as confused as I felt. She also looked angry that they interrupted her whiles she was in a session. However, she apologised to me and excused herself.