Confused Heart

Hello my precious, how are you all doing? I'm here with another chapter. It's nothing much, there's no action in it, but I promise it is leading up to something good. The new few chapters should keep you guys on your toes. I'm currently working on two more chapters, so that should be up before or by the weekend. 

Remember, in the last chapter I said I wanted to do a giveaway? Well, I'm still working on it. However, I still don't know what would make a good prize would be. If you guys think of anything, please let me know.

Anyway, back to the chapter. I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading!

***************

Killian P.O.V

I watched her as she dragged the jeans up over her well-shaped hips, jumping a little so that she could get her ass into it. She pulled the zip up and buttoned it into place. Reaching for the white top that was discarded on the floor, she dragged that on as well.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

The question was muffled from the hair tie she had between her teeth as she skilfully swept all of her hair into a sleek ponytail.

"I'm thinking of excuses to have you naked in my bed for longer."

She laughed. The sound was so soft and so familiar. She picked her gun up and holstered it on her waist. Her FBI badge was clipped in place next to the gun. She was on duty when I called her and told her that I wanted to see her. I told her that I'd be at the flower shop all day, and she was free to come when her shift ended. However, when she turned up an hour after our phone call, I was surprised.

This was our second time sleeping together. Since our first night at the club, we've only been conversing over the phone. We did arrange to meet up a few times, but circumstances prohibited us from doing so. Apart from my wife, I've never enjoyed having long conversations with any woman. But somehow, I found myself wanting to hear her voice and enjoying it when she laughs.

She talked a lot about her children and her job as an FBI, but she was always cautious to mention her husband. I haven't found out anything useful about the feds' plans regarding my operation, but I knew that it wouldn't take much to get her talking.

"The triplets are with their grandmother tonight. If you want, I can come back after my shift and spend the night?"

She bit her lips, looking unsure. For a confident woman, she seemed very insecure and fragile at times. I guess, having a husband like Richard could make someone as confident and as bold as she was, doubt themselves.

"Won't your 'husband' have something to say about that?"

I knew she heard the sarcasm in my voice, but she ignored it. My behaviour towards her confused me, but I found that I couldn't help myself.

Easing myself out of the bed, I got up and got dress too. Her eyes had a teasing twinkle as she looked at me. I watched her bite the corner of her lips seductively and I chuckled.

"Sure, you can take the spare key and let yourself in whenever you want. Whether it be my home or my bed, you are always welcome."

Her eyes lit up with a smile. I stared at her in awe. She was stunning, and her similarity to Red was still something I was trying to come to terms with.

I was sure that she had some connection to my wife. In fact, I was positive there was one. I was still waiting for Mik to get back to me with information from Red's brothers. However, what I was going to do with that information, was something I still hadn't figured out.