A family again

Hello, my lovelies! I'm back with another chapter. Sorry, it took me so long to update. I was busy with work all week. I plan to write at least two more chapters by Monday, so look out for that. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and it's not too boring for you. 

I love you guys! I hope you all have fun reading and enjoy your weekend. Do you have anything special planned for the weekend? Let me know. 

P.S. Since all of you like the idea of the first book being turned into a paperback for the giveaway, I will do just that. I will upload a chapter after this, telling you the instructions on how to participate. 

Enjoy my lovelies and look out for that chapter!

*****

Lacey P.O.V

She looked like me, but I didn't feel like she was me. I've watched all the videos and looked at all the pictures, but still, I did not connect with her. Lilly Mae Black. Who was she?

"You've been looking at those videos for the past two days."

Sighing, I tore my eyes away from the screen. I was trying really hard to find some sort of connection with the smiling girl on the screen, but she felt so foreign to me.

"If I'm her, why don't I remember anything? If I'm her, why do I feel so disconnected from her?"

I wanted to believe that I was his long-lost wife, but I couldn't help the doubt that was lingering in the air. What if he's got the wrong woman? What if I made myself believe, only to find out after that it was all a mistake?

There were so many what-ifs, and none of them was good. It was all so confusing. I didn't feel like Alice in wonderland. No, I felt like Alice in 'The lying Games.' Nothing was what it seemed, and my entire life felt like it was a lie. Which life was mine? Which one did I really belong to?

"You've had your memories suppressed for years, it will take some time for them to resurface again, baby."

He sounded so sure, and I wanted to believe. I really wanted to, but I felt like he wanted me to be her more than I wanted to be her. If I accepted that we were the same person, then I'd have to accept that the past five years of my life was a lie. I'd have to come to terms with the reality that everyone in my life lied to me. My friends and my family. I'd have to accept that the people I trusted and loved for five years, all had a hand in ruining my life. As much as I wanted to believe what Killian was saying, I couldn't handle the emotional pain that came with it.

"What if you're wrong? What if the woman staying in that hotel is really your wife? What will you do then?"

He moved closer to me on the couch. He palmed my face, using the pad of his thumb to wipe my tears. I didn't even know that I was crying until he touched me.

"I know that you are my wife. I felt it from the moment I laid eyes on you in my club. My heart knew even before I did. I've never felt anything like that with her. She may look like you used to look, but that's where it ends."

Nodding my head, I smiled timidly. He brushed the hair away from my face before pulling me into his arm. I snuggled in closer to him, welcoming the comfort that he was offering me.

I might not connect with the girl in those pictures and videos, but I did feel a very strong pull towards him. In his arms, I felt like I belong. My world might be falling to pieces around me, but he was the only thing keeping me grounded. Keeping me sane. I would have given up and ran if it wasn't for him.