One down

Hello, my lovelies! Sorry for the late update. My life has been hectic, and I was so busy that I was unable to do much writing. This book is moving along nicely and the story has almost ended. I hope you enjoy the direction that I'm taking this book. There are still some big reveals, coming in the next few chapters that I hope you will love. I'm hoping to finish this book before November because I want to participate in NaNoWriMo.  

Anyway, please enjoy. I love you guys! 

***

Lilly's P.O.V

"Do you want to see Jessy this weekend?"

There was that question again. It has become a constant thing with Killian. Every day he'd ask me that same question and every day my answer would be the same.

"No, I'm not ready just yet."

He never pushed. He always accepted my response, without questioning my reasons for denying to meet her.

Why didn't I want to see Jessy? She was my best friend and I loved her, so why was I refusing to see her? Before my memories started returning, the answer to that question was clear. I didn't remember her, and I knew that I would feel awkward and pressured to be the Lilly that she knew. I still felt like I wasn't that girl anymore, but now I had some memories of our friendship. However, the reason I didn't want to meet her was that I felt like we were worlds apart.

I had been through some pretty f**ked up thing in the last five years. Our experiences were so different. I didn't know if I'd be able to still be the friend that she needed. At least, not at the moment. I had things that I needed to complete before I even tried working on rebuilding our friendship. What I intended to do, the people I intended to kill, Jessy would try and talk me out of it, and I didn't need that. She was always the voice of reason between the two of us. I knew that she'd make me feel guilty for wanting Kinsley dead. And I didn't need her disapproving look distracting me. Kinsley went too far. She had to pay for the part she played in f**king my life up.

"It doesn't sit right with me how easy it was for us to find the girl. It was like she quite literally fell into our hands."

I swirled the knife in my hands as I listened to Levi. Killian and Mik were by my side. They were letting me take the lead on this one. After all, she was my cousin. I still didn't remember her, or her relationship with Killian, but that didn't matter to me either way. She wanted to take my family away from me and I just couldn't have that.

"You think it's a trap?" Mik asked.

I didn't think it was a trap. Her usefulness just ran out and she was placed in our way to take the heat. She was the diversion, but I didn't care. I wasn't about to let her or anyone else come between me and my family.

"It doesn't matter if it's a trap or not, I'm still going to kill her."

Killian chuckled beside me and Mik swore.

"Isn't she amazing?" Killian said with pride.

But Mik grunted, "I think you've succeeded in turning her into you. And I don't know if that's a good thing or not. It's hard enough having to deal with one of you, I don't think my heart can take two."

Killian slipped his hand around my waist as we walked, and I leaned into him. Mik might be right. Maybe I was just as twisted as Killian but being sweet Lilly had gotten me nowhere. I needed to be a little f**ked up in order to survive in a world that was full of monsters. When you fight good with evil, you never win. It takes a villain to kill another villain.