Thy Sons and Daughters

Killian's P.O.V

"You're not serious, right?"

Mik eyed me in disbelief. Ever since I told him that the FBI agent that I slept with looked exactly like Red, he's been following me around, playing bodyguard to my mental state.

"I'm dead serious. I plan to use her to get information. Once we know what the FBI has on us, we'll be much more prepared when they finally do come knocking."

Mik snorted, "And what if she's bate, sent by the big guys to capture and take your stupid ass to jail? Have you thought about that, or are you too busy thinking up different ways to f**k her?"

I laughed because that wasn't too far from what I was thinking. I figured that I'd have fun whiles gathering intel.

"You do realise that she's not Lilly, and this what you're doing is f**king unhealthy."

The smile slipped from my face, and I frowned at the idiot.

"Don't you think I f**king know that! I'm not doing this because she looks like my wife. We both know that the feds have been closing in on us lately. We need to know what they know."

I was trying very hard to make myself believe my own words. I wanted to believe that I was only interested in her because of where she worked, and not because of who she looked like.

"You're playing a dangerous game and if you don't snap the f**k out of it, you will be the one losing."

Mik ran his hand through his hair. A frown edged on his face. He seemed to be frowning every time I saw him lately, and I knew that it was because he thought I was spiralling out of control, and maybe I was.

I knew that I should just leave the FBI agent alone. I should just forget that I ever saw her and who she looked like, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that. Something about her didn't sit right with me.

Why does she look so much like Lilly? Why did she come into my club? Why did she approach me? I had so many questions and even fewer answers.

None of it made any sense, and I wanted to get to the bottom of it. If it turned out that she was using my love for my wife to try and gain my trust so that the feds can bring me down. I wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in her head.

"I've never played a game that I haven't won."

I knew that I was being arrogant, but I didn't care. I needed to know more about Lacey and the FBI. I was intending to win in any way possible.

Mik turned his eyes up to the ceiling and started talking to God. I looked at him and chuckled.

"I've tried. You created this stubborn bastard, so, it's in your hands now."

I laughed even harder. "Are you seriously asking God for help right now?"

He turned back to look at me, "Why the f**k not? You've gone off the deep end and I sure as hell am not jumping in to save your dumbass."

I was about to tell him exactly what he could do with his f**king prayers, but just then Freya and Gabe came into the room.

"Leave me alone Gabe! I said it's over!"

Freya stormed into the room with Gabe following behind her. Mik and I turned to look at them, but they didn't notice us.

Gabe grabbed Freya's hand, trying to stop her from walking off. She stopped and turned to look at him, but tugged her hand away, folding them instead.

"For f**k sake, Freya, it's not what you think."

Freya did a very dramatic shock yet irritated gesture with her hands. She covered her mouth in disbelief, making a "HAH!" sound. She then refolded her arms with so much force, it's a wonder she didn't hurt herself in the process. Her eyes then narrowed, and her lips thinned. From the look on Gabe's face, he knew that he was in some deep shit.