Everything is Rosey

Well, hello, my lovelies. I'm here with another chapter for all you wonderful people. I told you that I was working on making the chapters more frequent. I hope you are surprised. This chapter doesn't have much in it about Lacey, that's in the next chapter. This one is more of a lead up to the next chapter and just a little snippet of Rose and Jasper for those of you who are curious. Because as you know, book 3 will be about the two of them. 

Anyway, please enjoy and wait for the next chapter to be uploaded. 

*******

Killian's P.O.V

We were lucky to have escaped from the warehouse. I knew the feds were watching us, but I wasn't aware that they had planned to raid us.

"How the f**k did this happen?"

Levi looked just as confused as I felt. My informant at the FBI never mentioned a raid. And Levi's informant never said anything of the sort either. Either the feds were much more prepared than we give them credit for, or we had a double agent in our mix.

"I don't know what to tell you, boss. I was never told of a raid. I'll do some digging on my end to try and get to the bottom of this."

I nodded. I didn't blame him. In fact, I trusted him completely. He would never do anything to betray me. I knew this because of how much love and respect he had for Red.

"You do that. Mik will follow up on our side."

I turned to Mik, but he was giving me an irritated look. Instantly I knew what he was thinking about. He wanted to know what just happened between me and Lacey.

"Are you really going to ignore the big f**king red and black elephant in the room?"

That was exactly what I had planned to do. I didn't want to discuss Lacey with anyone. At least, not until I had a chance to talk to her myself.

"We are not talking about that right now."

Mik being Mik, ignored the warning in my voice and continued. And for the millionth time, I reminded myself of the reasons I considered him my brother. Had it been anyone else, they would have been on the receiving end of my gun.

"About what exactly? The fact that she's the spitting image of Lilly, or that she just coincidently happened to be part of the raid? Or better yet, you and her seems to be in some kind of f**ked up relationship? Which one are we not talking about?"

My eyes narrowed at him. Sometimes I just wanted to shoot him. Levi cleared his throat, alerting us to his presence and the other men.

I ignored Mik. "Good job today, Levi. Take the others and finish unloading the shipment. I'm going to make sure that our other places are secure. We don't want another surprise visit like today."

He nodded his head, "Sure thing, boss."

He gathered the men, and they went about their task. I knew that Levi was curious about Lacey, but he knew better than to ask, unlike Mik who just would not let the topic go.

"What the f**k is going on, Killian? Who the f**k is this chick really?"

I didn't know what gave him the impression that I had the answers to his questions. I had just started learning about her as well.

"I f**king told you I don't want to discuss it and you still f**king persists."

He shrugged his shoulders, "I need to know what I'm dealing with, so when the time comes, I can save you from yourself."

He was right. I always looked to him to be my conscience whenever I'm faced with a dilemma that remotely involved Lilly. I couldn't make sound decisions when it comes to her or anything pertaining to her.