Have the dress, but not the man

Here is another chapter for all your patience. Enjoy!

Happy ready, bitches!!!

****

Killian's P.O.V

"Are you ready for this?"

I asked her as she checked herself over once more.

"I'm ready. Are you ready? You haven't seen your mother in years. This must be really big for you."

We were meeting her parents to finally get some answers surrounding Lacey and her. Mik had mentioned it to her brothers, who were surprised and angry that their parents never told them that they had another sister. They had wanted to confront their parents, but Mik had told them not to, that Lilly wanted to do that herself.

The reason we were meeting my mother, was because Lacey saw a picture with her and said that she remembered her from when she was little. So, Lilly and I decided that my mother must have been a part of them being separated. How exactly she was involved we didn't know but was going to find out.

At first, I didn't want to contact her. I had every intention of never meeting her. She faked her death and left her son to be abused by his monster of a father just to secure her own happiness. I didn't want anything to do with her, and after we find out what her involvement was, I was going to go back to pretending like she was dead.

"It's not a reunion, Red. We need information, and she has got many. It's as simple as that."

Lilly nodded her head and said, "Uh-huh," in a tone that translated to, 'sure, right'.

"The sooner we get this over with the better. I just want to go back to when JD was all we had to deal with."

She grabbed her knife and slid it into the sheath.

I blew out a breath. "That was simpler times, baby."

She came over to me and held my hand. I slipped my fingers through hers, interlocking them.

"Let's get this show on the road." She said as we left the bedroom.

When we got downstairs to the room that Red renamed the guest entertaining room, I saw that Mik was again in my house, eating my food.

"Why the f**k are you always here. Did Jessy finally dump your dumbass? And don't you have food in your own damn house?!"

He just shrugged his shoulders, ignoring my dig about Jessy leaving him. "Jessica wants the kids to eat healthier, so she has got everyone on this crazy low carbs all-vegetable diet. This is the only place that I can come to get my daily intake of carbohydrates"

I rolled my eyes. Jessy was always doing one crazy thing after another to try and make her family eat healthily. And while they were suffering so was I because they would always end up at my house eating out my food.

"You do know that there are thousands of food stores about, that you can purchase food from, instead of coming to my house to eat mine."

Mik shook his head. "No can do, bro. Jessica is watching my finance like a f**king witch with a crystal ball. Your house is my only hope for a satisfying meal."

Lilly laughed. "You're always welcome to come here any time you want. What is ours is yours as well."

Mik eyes lit up and a big shit-eating grin appeared on his face. I shook my head. She didn't know what she'd just started.

"Don't f**king tell him that. Now, we'll never be able to get rid of him or his children. Hell, you might as well have told them to move in, save them the trouble of having to travel."