Daniel Extras: Part 1

Daniel POV
Halloween is coming up, and Dad finally agreed to have a party with all my friends. Mom even helped me design invitations to print out later.
"So what are you gonna dress as?" Mom asked, saving the document.
"I'm not sure..." I sighed.
"What about a vampire?" Mom suggested.
"Lame..." I said.
"Joker?"
"No, I don't want wigs."
"Batman?"
"No masks..."
"Then what do you want?"
"I was thinking... skeleton?" I shrugged. "With face paint."
"Sure, it's your party after all," Mom shrugged. "And your costume."
I somehow forced Gabriel to bring me to the costume shop at the mall to buy the things I need like decorations and face paint for my costume. I already bought the skeleton suit online.

Miss Smith walked in and put her stuff down on the table. She suddenly dropped a bomb on us. She wanted us to write out an essay about... some lady who did something stupid, and ended up regretting it.
"I want all of you to get into pairs," Miss Smith said. "I want all of you to discuss with your pairs about the main points of this story and elaborate them before putting them down into the essay. Is that clear?"
"Yes Miss Smith," said everyone in unison.
I turned to Anthony. "Alright, so you're my partner. What should we do?"
Anthony shrugged. "Beats me."
He isn't much use. I reach out in front of me and call Mathew. "Oi!"
"What?" Mathew whisper-shouted.
"How do we do this?" I asked.
Mathew scowled and turned back to his table. Seriously?!
I shake my head and go back to the sheet of foolscap paper in front of me with a sigh. It doesn't help that Miss Smith is walking around the class like an invigilator. What made it worse was my table was the one at the end of the aisle. Anthony's table is right next to the wall while mine's... not...
She came nearer and nearer, and I prayed to every god I know for her to not look at the empty sheet of foolscap on my desk.
"What are you two writing?" Miss Smith asks, as if taunting me.
"Thinking, teacher," I said with a smile, spinning my pen between my fingers. "We're discussing. Right, Tony?"
"Yep!" Anthony grinned. I tried not to scowl. "We are."
Miss Smith smiled and went past us, stopping at Ash's table to ask her if she's okay with doing it alone. Of course she is! That creep even eats alone.
I turn back to Anthony and glare at him. "If you're not giving me any ideas, at least write for me. I'll think of something."
"Wait," Anthony said, grinning at something under his desk. I follow his gaze and realised that this idiot was texting! This butthead!
I give him a sharp nudge and forced him to write on the foolscap paper. I tried to think something for the essay when the loud sound of someone dragging a chair came from somewhere behind me.
I turned and saw Penelope sitting down next to Ash. Ash didn't seem like she noticed, until Penelope tapped her shoulder. They were teaming up for this essay. Lucky creep... Penelope is one of the toppers when it came to English. What a nerd...
I turn back to my own partner and frowned. He was literally waiting for an idea, instead of whipping one out himself. I rolled my eyes and snatch the paper.
"I'll do it myself..." I mutter, shaking my head. "You're no use."
"Whoa, chill dude!" Anthony said, making my frown go deeper.
I start to write something on the paper. I wrote something, not sure what, but I hope it's good. Let's reread it to find out.

One ridiculous story later...

Okay, this is bad. But whatever. At least I'm done.
I got up and went to the front to hand it to Miss Smith. I hand it in and turned around to go back to my place when a dark energy showed up.
Ash... just as dull as burnt ash, but smouldering all the same.
I decided to use the longer way, walking through the other aisle, and went back to my place, completely avoiding Ash. Seriously, she creeps me out! Once we tried to disturb her, to see how she responded, and she just gave us this cold glare. We were scarred for life because of that.

The next day...
I put my bag down and tiredly sank down on the chair.
"Hey," Anthony greeted. "Why are you so tired? Did you even sleep last night?"
"I did, but had to wake up early," I said. "Because I need to come here and look at your face in the name of school."
"Yeah, very funny," Anthony said, staring at his phone. "You should look at yourself first!"
Seriously, what kind of friends do I even have?
Miss Smith walked in with a sheaf of what I'm guessing are our essays from yesterday.
Wonder what she thinks of that ridiculous story...
"I've checked your essays and they were very disappointing," Miss Smith said, shaking her head. "But there was one essay that stood out, though. And that one essay is actually really good."
Definitely not mine... I'm not considering Anthony as my partner on this one, because he didn't help at all.
"The best essay in the lot is the one by Penelope and Ash," Miss Smith said. Why am I not surprised? "Their essay was really good. Good elaboration, good points, very few grammatical errors."
I turned around to look at Ash and just saw her staring ahead of her, her face not even visible under the curtain of dark hair. Can she even see behind that thing?
"Penelope and Ash?" called Miss Smith. "Come here and get your essay. James, please pass the rest of the essays to your classmates."
Penelope and Ash went to the front and got their essay back. They literally wrote it on pink paper while the rest of us use white and some use yellow. Penelope took it back to her place, grinning at the paper while walking.
Ash walked past my table and glared at me while going to her place.
This creep's got issues...
James came towards me and put a piece of paper on my table. I scowled at the red markings, together with a message at the bottom.
-Very bad elaboration
-Story makes NO sense
-Grammatical and spelling errors
-Improve your handwriting
-See Me.
She accidentally tore a hole on the paper when writing the last one. I looked at the marks at the top and saw that I received a disgraceful 28/50 on this stupid essay. And I'm not gonna go see her later. Maybe I'll send Anthony instead.
"Wow is it really that bad?" Anthony asked, his head poking over my shoulder. I moved away and glared at him. "What? It isn't my fault! You're the one that insisted on doing it alone, right?"
I say nothing and folded the paper in half before shoving it into my bag. I ignored Anthony and pulled out a fresh sheet of foolscap for the story that we were supposed to write now. I finally turn to Anthony and glare at him. His smile faltered and I could distinctly see him swallow.
"Are you gonna help with this, or are you gonna grin at your phone again?" I spat.
Anthony nervously took out his pen and took the paper from me. He looked over at the whiteboard and started copying down the sentence that Miss Smith wrote on the whiteboard.
I glanced over my shoulder and find Penelope next to Ash once again. Penelope looked surprisingly happy despite being next to Ash. It's like a ray of light next to darkness or something.
Anthony finished the stupid essay and handed it to Miss Smith at the front. Penelope and Ash went up next and handed in their essay together. Penelope had a wide grin plastered on her face when she gave it to Miss Smith.
"I'm expecting another excellent essay from the two of you," Miss Smith said. "Your essay yesterday was excellent, and I'm expecting this to be the same too."
The two of them nodded. Penelope nervously played with the end of her pigtail, while Ash... didn't look like she had any reaction. It's not like we could even see her reaction through that curtain of hair...

I initially wanted to post this on the extras book. But I don't wanna post any spoilers there lol. So yeah. Only those who finish this book would be able to read this, unless they skip chapters.
And for those who don't know, this book has a sequel. You should check that out if you haven't already.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Love,
ShashaMeow