Anonymous letters

Penelope POV
Ash finally arrived and then waited with us. A few minutes later, we heard the sound of a car. We looked out to see a black car with a Jaguar on the front bonnet. That's definitely Daniel. So we said goodbye to Bobby's parents and went out to get into Daniel's car.
"Sweet ride," I said as I got in with the others. "The car is amazing!"
"I know right," said Daniel and pushed the accelerator. "So where to now?"
"To Do It Yourself," said Ash, who was on the front passenger seat. "All the things that we need are sold there."
So that's where we went. Daniel drove there, and lucky for us, there was a parking spot right in front of the entrance.
"What bit of luck!" Bobby said. "Usually this place is crowded, and we can't even park. But now, we have a special parking waiting for us at the front."
We walked into the store and went to the hardware section first. I really like this store because it literally sells EVERYTHING. They have hardware things like tools, faucets, pipes, those heavy duty glues, girly stuff like accessories, school supplies, craft supplies, home deco, electronics, and all of that. It's the everything shop.
We went to the hardware section and grabbed a small dynamo, and some LED lights and all of those electronic things. We saw a video online and got the supplies according to it. After that, we went to the craft supplies section and took some acetate sheets, strong glue, popsicle sticks, cardboard and some tape.
After that, Ash and I went to the girly section and took lots of cute stuff. We also went to the stationery section and got ourselves more cute notebooks. Daniel and Bobby were at the electronics section, window shopping.
After that, we were finally done and went to pay. We equally divided the bill for the supplies into quarters, so each person had to pay one fourth of the amount. Ash and I paid for the stuff that we chose.
After that, we went back to Bobby's and started on our project. We finished it in an hour or so because we actually divided our duties, so everyone had something to do.
"Alright now," I said. "It looks good. Let's test it out."
We brought it closer to Bobby's table fan. As he turned it on, our wind turbine started spinning and the LED lights glowed brightly. Our project was a success!
"Great!" Ash said. "Now, about Linda's mystery. I finished her diary yesterday. She had been receiving anonymous notes. She went to see the guy who sent them, and then vanished."
"Anonymous letters?" Bobby asked. "Who sent them?"
"I don't know," said Ash. "But what I know is this. She keeps those notes under a loose floorboard under her study desk in her room."
"Let's go and get it then," said Daniel. "They might still be there."
We ran to Linda's room and went to her desk. Ash pulled out the chair and kneeled down and felt the ground. One of the floor boards were jutting out a little. She tried pulling it hard but it was stuck.
"Can someone get me a flat head screwdriver?" Ash asked, sitting down cross-legged on the ground. "It's stuck."
Bobby nodded and ran out of the room. He came back a few minutes later with the screwdriver and gave it to Ash. She pried out the floorboard, revealing a small chest. The floor was deeper there. Linda had probably chipped out the floor a bit so that she can fit something inside it. Ash pulled out a small chest and put it on the ground.
"This is it," said Ash. "This is where she kept all of those notes."
We took the chest back to Bobby's room after replacing the floorboard in its original location. We sat on the ground in Bobby's room with the chest in the centre. Ash opened it and dumped out its contents.
It was filled with letters. I picked one of it out and opened it. It was written with magazine cut outs.
Be my Valentine, lovely Linda
"He asked her to be his valentine?" I asked, holding up the letter so that the others can see. "Who is he anyway?"
There were so many letters inside it. We read all of it, one by one.
"Wait," said Ash suddenly. "Bobby, did Linda take her phone with her?"
"Yes she did," said Bobby. "Why?"
"She said he called her and texted her," Ash said. "If we can trace the number..."
"But how?" Daniel asked. "How are we gonna trace the call?"
"My parents are police detectives remember?" Ash said with a smirk. "They can access the database whenever they want."
"Perfect," I said. "So what do we do now?"
"To my place," said Ash. "We can ask one of my parents to do it for us."
"Alright then," said Daniel. "I'll drive. Come on."
We carefully placed our finished project on Bobby's table and ran out. Bobby told his parents that we're going to Ash's place and ran out with us. They were confused but didn't say anything. We went into Ash's house and Ash told everything to her father. He nodded and opened his laptop, accessing the database. Bobby told him Linda's number and he started searching. The last number that called her called her more than a hundred times in the time span of a week.
"That's the one," said Ash, pointing to the screen. "That's the guy we're looking for. Who is he?"
"He claims to be Linda's boyfriend," said Mr Reynolds. "He cried and even demanded for us to find Linda as soon as we can."
"What's his name?" Bobby asked. "Who is he? Linda never said she had a boyfriend. But the year she disappeared... she brought back a bouquet of flowers on Valentine's Day. When we asked, she just said someone left it for her. We didn't believe her, we thought it was her actual boyfriend."
"Wait let me check," said Ash's dad. "It says here that his name is Anthony Miller. Born 2nd June 2004. He said he was celebrating his birthday, and didn't know anything about Linda's disappearance."
"Wait Anthony Miller?" Daniel said, shocked. "Hey that's the guy that moved schools last week!"
"The one who's place I stole?" I asked and Daniel nodded. "Well it's a small world after all."
"Can I see his number?" Daniel asked. "I wanna see if it's the same as the one that he gave me. If he hadn't changed his number, then it's definitely him!"
Ash's father showed him the number and Daniel typed it on his phone and nodded.
"Yes it's the same number," said Daniel. "He hasn't changed the number in two years. He's in for it. He's the one that's been sending Linda all of these sick letters."
We sat on the couch and Daniel started calling Anthony. He put the phone call on speaker mode.
"Hey Tony!" Daniel said when Anthony picked up the phone. "How are you? How's your new school? Haven't seen you in a while. Wanna hang out?"
"Sure buddy," said Anthony and Daniel smirked. "How about tomorrow? After school?"
"Perfect," Daniel said. "See you at the Coffee Palace at three! Bye!"
He hung up and turned to us.
"You can leave it to me," said Daniel. "I'll squeeze it out of Anthony."