Uh oh...

Penelope POV
I went in and mom and dad looked up.
"So how was the party, Joker?" asked mom as soon as I entered. "Oh and you've brought goodies!"
"Yeah I won the award for best costume," I said, giving her the baskets of goodies. "They even gave me Airbuds!"
"I think I deserve them better," said mom. "Because I'm the one that helped you with the makeup."
"Fine you can have them," I said. "You were the one that actually helped me after all..."
"Nah I was only kidding," said mom, putting it back in the cauldron. "You can have them."
"Hey if you don't want them, give them to me," said dad suddenly, but mom quickly gave them to me. "Why? I wanted them!"
"Well you didn't even do anything," said mom, passing the cauldron and back to me. "You didn't even do the makeup..."
"Fine, just keep it," said dad. "Yeah you're the one who went to the party anyway..."
"Oh the two of you," I said, laughing. "Anyway, I'm gonna go take off this costume..."
I went upstairs to my room threw the wig on my chair. I washed all of the face paint from my face. Finally I can see my own face in the mirror instead of Joker.
After that, I changed into my sleepwear. It felt way better than wearing a Joker suit.
I decided to test the Airbuds. It was good. It was wireless and the sound was good. It connected to my phone using Bluetooth. I should be careful that I don't lose it. If I do, it's bye-bye Airbuds.
I dug the cauldron to see what else was in there. There were few lip balms that I always wanted. They were these cute but expensive lip balms and always wanted to get them, but decided against it. There were also some nice body scrubs and a lip scrub. There were some nice chocolates in there too. Wow Daniel is a very generous guy, I guess. The basket of treats had mostly candies and chocolates. They weren't regular candies, they were expensive ones!
Well I'm gonna make them last as long as I can. So I set them on my study table after decided to give some to my parents and went down to see what they were doing. They were just sitting around watching tv.
"Feels so good to be Poppy again," I said as I sat in between my parents. "It felt weird looking in the mirror, and seeing Joker staring back at you..."
My parents started laughing at me.
"It isn't funny," I said, also laughing. "It was creepy!"
"Yeah fine," said dad. "I know how it feels. I once went to a Halloween party as a creepy clown during high school. Your mom was there too."
"Wait what?" I asked, surprised. "What did you go as, mom?"
"I went as a ghost bride," said mom. "I had to do hours worth of makeup."
"Do you have a photo?" I asked, excited. "Come on, show me!"
"Yes we do," said dad, going to the tv cabinet where we kept the photo albums. "There it is. That's us, we took a photo together. How come you never saw this photo? It has been here the whole time..."
"I don't know," I said with a shrug. "Maybe it's because I thought that this album looked ugly?"
After a while, we went to sleep. Sunday went by pretty quick and soon, it was Monday. I went to school and this time Lea had come, so Ash had to sit at the back. I went to sit with her too. Daniel sat in front of us. He kept turning around and looking at us.
"Uh Ash?" I said, nervously. "Why is he staring at us?"
"I have no idea," said Ash. She didn't wear her eye makeup today. "Do you think he's suspicious?"
"I don't know..." I said, panicking. "What if he is? What do we do?"
"As if I know," said Ash, also panicking. "Let's just act as if we didn't notice that."
Soon, it was recess. We went together and sat together. We ate and suddenly Daniel came out of nowhere.
"So, how was your weekend?" asked Daniel to our surprise. "What did you guys do?"
"We didn't do anything," I said. "We just sat around."
"What about you, goth girl?" he asked Ash. "What did you do?"
"That's none of your concern," said Ash. "What I do during the weekends does not concern you."
"Well I had an epic Halloween party," said Daniel. "I just wanted to ask you if you know who two mysterious girls, wearing a Batman and Joker costumes were."
"How should we know?" I asked, pretending to be annoyed. "We didn't even come to the party."
"Yeah that's what I thought too," said Daniel. "How should you know?"
"Well then let us eat," said Ash, annoyed. "You know that we don't know right?"
"Yeah whatever," said Daniel, walking away. But then he stopped and turned to Ash. "Forgot your eye makeup?"
"Didn't feel like wearing any makeup," said Ash. "You should try them, then you'll know."
"You..." said Daniel, pointing to Ash. "Those eyes... you were Batman?"
"What do you mean Batman?" asked Ash, standing up. "I'm girl, cant you see?"
"Yeah Daniel," I said. "Can't you see?"
"And you..." said Daniel pointing to me. "You were Joker! I knew that voice seemed familiar..."
"What?" I asked, definitely panicking. "Me? Joker? No!"
"But I gotta admit," said Daniel. "I thought your costumes were gonna be lame, I didn't expect that you'd wear the coolest costume in the party."
"We have no idea what you're talking about," said Ash. "We didn't come to the party. We just sat at home, chilling with our family!"
"Hmm..." said Daniel. "I guess you're right. Sorry I accused you..."
"Yeah whatever," I said. "You must be crazy to think we came to your party..."
He walked away, scratching his head.
"You think he bought it?" I asked Ash. "You think he believed us?"
"I don't know," said Ash. "We should keep a low profile."
We went to the library and decided to sit there. Daniel suddenly came out of nowhere and sat with us. He was holding the book that he borrowed.
"Hey Ash, you said you wanted to borrow the book after me right?" Daniel asked. "Here, I'm gonna return it now, you can borrow it."
"Thanks," said Ash and followed Daniel to the counter. I went with them too.
He returned the book to the librarian and Ash borrowed it.
We left the library and went to the toilet. We were talking while washing our hands, and Daniel suddenly came in.
"For the hundredth time, Daniel, this is the girls' room," I said, turning around. "Can't you read the sign?"
"You were the ones who came to my party right?" asked Daniel. "Don't think I don't know, Joker. I gave you those Airbuds that you're having in your pocket now."