Ash Extras: Part 4

"Hi Ash," said Penelope, looking surprised. "You ate fast."
"I'm a fast eater," I said, sitting in front of her. "I eat really quickly."
She started talking about Tekken games, music, PSP and stuff like that. She looked really excited. Well, I was too. Like come on, this was the first time I've met someone that shares my preferences.
At one point she exclaimed so loudly until the librarian shushed her. She was kinda embarrassed by it and started speaking softer.
She said she liked Snow Castle too, but I can't say the same (because of the emo thing) so I said I like its darker counterpart, Antares better. She believed me and started asking more about Tekken and stuff. We talked and didn't even realise that the library was about to close.
A librarian had to tell us to leave. We got up and left the library. Penelope retrieved her red strawberry themed bag from the shelf in front of the library entrance. It's a good thing they had this because they didn't in my old school. We were supposed to leave our stuff on the stairs.
"You wanna go to the toilet?" Penelope asked and I nodded. "We still have ten minutes till recess is over."
So we went to the toilet downstairs. It was one of the cleanest toilets there. The toilets here were cleaner than my old school. Maybe because the biggest vandal in the country went to that school? As far as I know, that one gang in my school were the ones that destroy the stuff there and vandalise the place.
I was in the stall when I heard footsteps enter the bathroom. Male footsteps, I was sure of it and I was sure it was Daniel because he always stomped when he walked. There was a distinct noise to it because well, I have been observing him for as long as I was in this school.
"Excuse me, but this is the girls' room," I heard Penelope say. "Can't you read the sign?"
So it is him. I'm getting good at this detective business.
"Oh I'm sorry," Daniel said sarcastically. "I couldn't read! That's why I couldn't write the best essay!"
So that's what this is all about? He such an insecure idiot!
"Well, I don't care," Penelope said bravely. "This is the girls' room so just get out of here, unless you're a girl."
"What are you gonna do if I don't get out, huh?" Daniel said, stomping his feet towards Penelope by the sound of it. "Are you gonna write an essay on how bad I am and give it to Miss Smith or something?"
Penelope gasped. That's it, I'm gonna go and give him a piece of my mind!
I quickly flushed the toilet and swung the stall door open. Daniel was inches away from Penelope and she crossed her arms in front of her in defensive manner.
Daniel swung around and stared at me, shocked. He just ran out of the bathroom. Seriously? Do I look that scary? But then again, I myself almost screamed at my reflection.
"Hey are you okay?" I asked, walking towards one of the sinks to wash my hands. "I heard everything from the bathroom."
"Yeah I am," said Penelope. "He's a jerk."
"Yeah and a coward too," I said while washing my hands. "Is he really that scared of me?"
"Well everyone are," Penelope said with a laugh. "I mean, besides me of course."
I chuckled in reply. That's kinda nice of her. Penelope seems like a nice person. I should really get to know her. I hope she doesn't question my disguise.
We went back to class and I went back to my desk and plugged my earphones into my MP3 player while waiting for the teacher to arrive. Penelope seems to be a nice person. Maybe I should try and befriend her? I think I'll sit with her in the foyer. I've always seen her sitting there to wait for her parents. Well, I've never waited because I just go home myself and yeah...
Our teacher arrived so I put my MP3 player away. We weren't even supposed to use it in class but I do it so secretly that the teacher has never caught me.
Last period came and the teacher gave us a worksheet. She allowed us to do whatever we wanted as long as we finished it. Well, been there, done that. So I guess I'm just gonna read that book online now.
As soon as the bell rang, everyone started leaving. Penelope was the first to leave, as usual. I followed her and saw her sitting on one of the benches, facing the school gates.
I sat behind her and nudged her back. She turned around.
"Oh hi Ash," said Penelope. "I thought you usually walked home?"
"Yeah but I think I'll wait with you until you go back first," I said. "Because, well... I'm bored, and also, you're the only one that actually has some stuff in common with me..."
"Yeah that's true," said Penelope, nodding. "I also know that you like Nightwish ad Linkin Park."
Wait... how did she know? Did she just guess... or did she spy on me?
"How?" I asked in surprise. "I never told anyone about it. Have you been looking through my stuff without my knowledge?"
I leaned forward and stared at her. She backed away, looking afraid. I must look really scary to the students here...
"I-I just saw the name of the song on your MP3, over your shoulder," Penelope said with a stutter. "I was behind you and you were holding up your MP3 player and I saw it. That's all! Please... don't kill me... I hadn't done anything wrong."
Her expression was so funny, I couldn't help but laugh. Do I really look that intimidating? She started laughing too, out of embarrassment. I finally managed to stop myself and turned back to her.
"Oh Penelope..." I said, trying to stop laughing. "What made you think I was gonna kill you?"
"It's just... I dunno," Penelope said awkwardly. "You kinda looked scary when you did that..."
"Really?" I asked. "Do I really look that scary? Seriously, why does everyone fear me?"
"I don't know," said Penelope. She turned towards the entrance and realised that her mom was already waiting for her. "Oh look! My mom's here. I gotta go. Bye!"
She got up and started going towards the gate. I followed because I wanted to go home too. Penelope waved at me and I waved back. Her mom smiled at me so I nodded back because if I smiled, how is she gonna see it?
I went back home and decided to just sit around for the day since I have nothing much to do. I was too lazy to do my homework. Eh I'll finish it at night.