Ash Extras: Part 8

As I was helping Penelope to wrap her parents' gifts, I told her not to tell anyone about my emo persona. It's our little secret. I told her to back me up in case I get caught to make up for saving her life in the street.
Just as I finished saying this, Penelope's mother entered. Penelope quickly hid the cards that she made.
"Hey Poppy," her mother said and then looked at me. "Who's your friend?"
"This is Ashleeeey..." Penelope said and looked at me. I quickly shared my head, gesturing her to not blow my cover. "Anna!" She quickly changed my 'name'.
"So is her name Ashley or Anna?" Penelope's mother asked. "Or is it both?"
Seriously, this girl...
"Yes it's both," I quickly said, and she looked confused. "It's Ashlianna. My parents couldn't make up their mind if they wanted to name me Ashley or Anna. So they combined both names and thus, my name is Ashlianna."
Penelope suppressed a giggle. Seriously, she didn't only make things more difficult for me, and she's laughing about it?
"Nice to meet you Ashlianna," her mother said, giving out her hand for me to shake. I shook it with a smile. "Nice to see Poppy having a nice friend."
Bet she didn't think so when she first saw me...
"Luckily you didn't become friends with that Ash girl," Mrs Willows suddenly said.. "I heard she does weird stuff, like peeking into the boys' bathroom."
Oi! Why did she tell all of this to her mother?
I gave Penelope a questioning look which she replied with an awkward smile.
"So what's for dinner?" Penelope asked, trying to change the subject. "Anything special?"
"Yes it is," said he mom. "It's chicken chop."
"Yay!" Penelope said, leaving the room, but she turned back, remembering that I'm still here.
"You wanna go home now?" She asked her and I nodded. "Well so long! See you at school!"
I nodded, greeted her parents and left.
I went out and asked my parents to pick me up. Penelope's parents asked me to wait inside while my parents arrived.
"So who's house is this?" Dad asked as soon as he and mom arrived to pick me up.
"Penelope," I said. "The girl I really wanted to be friends with?"
"So you finally summoned up enough courage to tell her," mom said with a smile. "See honey, it wasn't so hard now, was it?"
"Actually it happened quite by chance," I said. "I would say it was faith."
I told them the whole story and they gasped when they came to the part where I saved Penelope from getting hit by a bus.
"I saw it is faith," said mom. "Like look. Why was her life on danger just as you were walking by? You were meant to save her life and befriend her."
"Yeah," I said. "Anyway, what's for dinner?"
I was kinda tempted to eat chicken too, after hearing Penelope eating it.
"Roasted chicken," said dad. "Your favourite!"
They read my mind.
As soon as we got home and had dinner, I searched for Penelope's phone number in the class group chat. I found it easily since I actually saved her number.
I decided to introduce myself in case she didn't have my number.
Me: Sup
Me: It's Ash btw
She immediately read but only replied after a pause.
Pen: How did you get my number?
Me: Class group
Pen: Really?
Pen: U're in it?
Me: Of coz duh
Me: Guess u didn't know my number then...
Pen: Yeah
Me: We should chat sometime
Pen: Sure!
Pen: But it's late so bye
Me: That was kinda harsh...
Pen: I'm not a vampire bat
Me: Fine
Me: Night
Pen: Sweet dreams!
She went offline and I guess she went to sleep. Well, it is pretty late so I decided to go to bed too.
The next day, I woke up around seven. I took my laptop downstairs and played Tekken 7 on my laptop. I decided to text Penelope.
Me: Not awake yet?
Me: I thought u said U're not a vampire bat
Guess she's still asleep. I played a round and texted her again
Me: Wake up u sleepy head!
I think I was right.
Me: Guess you're not gonna wake up then...
She's definitely asleep
Me: Well, I'll be waiting

I continued playing and mom came down to prepare breakfast

I continued playing and mom came down to prepare breakfast. After about an hour, Penelope finally replied.
Pen: 😂😂
Me: Just woke up?
Me: So late...
Pen: Don't disturb
Pen: Having breakfast
She immediately went offline. I shouldn't disturb her meal.
Me: Okay then
Me: I won't disturb
I went to the living room where my dad was playing Street Fighter V on the console. I joined him and mom was there too, seeing her phone.
"So what shall we do today?" Dad asked when the first round was over. "I heard that there's a good movie playing?"
"Wait let me check..." said mom, tapping something on her phone. "Okay, so there's A Fist For A Fist, Dancing Fate and My Dear Fallen Angel. Which one shall we watch?"
"Synopsis?" Dad said, beginning the second round.
"A Fist For A Fist is a family vengeance movie," said mom, reading the reviews. "Dancing Fate is a musical and My Dear Fallen Angel is a thrilling movie about a possessed woman."
"Why do they sound... Tekken-ish?" I said, trying to block dad's hadoukens. "Like, the first one sounds Mishima-ish and the last one sounds... Jun Kazama/Unknown-ish?"
"I dunno but My Dear Fallen Angel sounds good," said dad. "Oh man! How do you always managed to block my hadoukens?"
"The same way you block my Spinning Bird Kicks," I replied.
I stopped playing a bit because dad went to the bathroom. My phone beeped.
Pen: Okay I'm done
Me: What r ya gonna do later?
Pen: My fam has plans
Me: Same lol
Pen: Spy plans huh?
Me: Nah
Me: Family plans
Me: Outing
Pen: Nice
Dad came back and we continued playing. I'm proud to say that I won most of the matches.
"Well that's because I'm a little rusty," said dad. "You should've seen me how I used to play!"
"Boo!" I jeered.
After that, we went to our rooms and got ready for the outing. I dressed up as my usual self and not the... Emo Ash. We went to the local mall. Many of my schoolmates hung out there, but who cares? They don't even recognise me!
We decided to have lunch at a fast food restaurant since there were plenty of time left. We still had like an hour before the movie.