The night

I went down and my parents went to freshen up before dinner. They bought dinner before coming back so it wasn't really a problem. When they finally came, we sat together on the dining table and had our dinner together.
"So how was school today?" asked mom, while unpacking her food. "Anything happened?"
"Nothing much," I said before putting a spoonful of food in my mouth. "We had to do something in pairs, and I didn't have one."
"So you had to do it alone instead?" asked dad and I shook my head. "Then?"
"The teacher made me pair up with an emo girl," I said, after swallowing my food. "She did most of the work actually."
"What's her name?" asked mom.
"Ash," I said. "I think it's short for Ashley or something. She's really creepy though."
"Why?" asked dad. "What's wrong with her?"
"Well she has bottom-length black hair that covers half of her face," I said. "As if that isn't enough, she wears a black face mask too. But the thing that really creeps me out are her eyes."
"What's up with her eyes?" asked mother. "I'm sure it's not that bad."
"Well believe me, they are," I said. "She has these really pale blue eyes. They are so pale, that from far, it looks like she doesn't have any iris. Also, she has this piercing gaze that sends chills down anyone's spine."
"Yeah that's creepy," said dad. "Does she have any friends?"
"Not that I know of," I said. "She's a loner. Oh and by the way, even bullies are afraid of her."
"Really?" asked mom. "Does she look that scary?"
"Oh yes she does," I said, nodding. "She once got picked on for being so gothic, and she just gave them a cold stare before walking away, leaving them confused."
"Wow..." said dad. "Maybe that's why she's like that?"
"Maybe," I said. "Also, she's pretty buff, so even if she does get bullied physically, it's gonna end bad for the bullies..."
"At least she helped you with the essay," said mom. "And she actually helped you by doing most of the work."
"Yeah, I have to thank her for that," I said. "She's pretty rude too. Like, I offered her a hair tie because her hair was all over her face while she was writing the essay and she was just like 'keep it yourself'. Talk about rude..."
"Is she spoilt or something?" asked dad and I shrugged.
"I don't know," I said. "In fact, no one knows. She doesn't tell anything about her life to others, and she appears to actually walk home instead of having her parents pick her up. And this causes people to spread rumours that she doesn't have parents or something."
"That's really mean," said mom. "What if she does? And they're just busy, like us?"
"I know right," I said, after taking a sip of water. "But she doesn't actually care about the rumours. She's always on her own."
"Also she listens to heavy metal and rock music like Nightwish and Linkin Park and stuff," I said. "Well, that's something that I can kinda relate too, since I like Nightwish and Linkin Park."
We finished up our dinner and washed up before watching tv together. When it got really late, we went back to our rooms to sleep for the night. I couldn't sleep though. My thoughts were running. New ideas for my books kept coming in. I felt like getting up right then and writing it out on my tablet, but I was too comfy in bed to do so. Besides, I was too sleepy.
I dosed off, and the next thing I knew, my mother was waking me up for school.
"Darling, wake up," said my mother. I woke up instantly, but I didn't feel like getting out of bed just yet.
"Five minutes," I said and closed my eyes again.
"Okay," said my mother and sat down on my study chair.
After a while, she called me again.
"Wake up, Poppy," said mom. "It's been five minutes."
"Oooowhhh one minute," I said, and closed my eyes back again.
"Fine...." said mom and waited for me.
Exactly one minute later, she woke me up again.
"Your one minute is up," she said, getting up. "Wake up."
"Please just gimme 30 seconds more," I said.
"Okay fine," she said and sat back down. "Only thirty seconds more."
"Plus ten seconds," I said. "Because you wasted some of the seconds by talking."
"Whatever," said my mom and waited.
But before the 30 seconds were up, I woke up and went to the bathroom attached to my bedroom.
"I'm up!" I said before going into the bathroom.
"Finally," said mom, going out of the room before closing the door behind her.
I showered and got dressed, ready for school. I went downstairs to find my parents already up, waiting for me at the breakfast table. So I'm the last one, not surprised.
I slipped onto my favourite chair and my mother brought in breakfast. It was grilled cheese sandwiches and half boiled egg with hot chocolate milk.
First thing I did was gulped down the hard boiled egg. I don't really like it when my yolk breaks and mixes with the egg white, so I just usually gulp it down before it has a chance to break. My parents always find it weird that I don't like dripping broken egg yolk, but I don't care because it's my preference.
As soon as breakfast was over, my parents dropped me off at school before going to work together. They both worked as lecturers at the same college. I always listen to my favourite song in the car via radio. I keep a special CD in there, just for mornings to lighten my mood with my favourite song before school. My parents sometimes found it annoying and even made fun of the song because I usually repeated the song as soon as it finished.
"Seriously though, what's so special about Snow Castle anyway?" asked dad. "And to make things worse, you repeat it like... three times if it comes..."
"What is she singing anyway?" asked mother. "Sounds like a cat. Where can I get the lyrics? I wanna try and sing it."
"Mom, stop that!" I said, annoyed. "They're not singing anything, it's just a song."
Soon, we arrived at school and I walked in, my favourite song playing in my head. I walked to where my class was and sat myself down next to Lea.
"Hi Lea," I said as I put my bag next to my table. "You done with that physics homework?"
"Nope," said Lea. "Couldn't do it. I'm gonna copy Janet's."
"Okay then," I said as I took out my phone to read the book I wrote yesterday to see if there was any mistakes or typing errors. Don't mean to brag but, my book is awesome. It's so interesting to read!
I continued to read and then I decided to have a drink. I put down my phone and took out my bottle from red strawberry lunchbag. I usually bring tea to school, and this time, it was lemon tea, my favourite. I was drinking it when I saw our emo friend enter the class, dressed in all black, wearing the black face mask and hair covering half of her face. Seriously though, doesn't her hair bother her at all? She never ties it...
She went to the back of the class and sat herself near the window and plugged her earphones into her MP3 player and started hearing her music. While looking at her phone.
Soon, the teacher arrived and English class began. Miss Smith had already marked our essays, by the looks of it.