Exposed!

Ash POV
"These?" asked Penelope, taking the Airbuds out of her pocket. "My parents gave them to me. You're not the only one in the world who owns Airbuds, you know?"
Daniel just grabbed the Airbuds from her and showed her the back of it. The words 'Best Costume Award' was inscribed on the back of the Airbuds case. Penelope was horror stricken. Why did she bring those to school? She started sweating for no reason and she was panicking. So I decided to intervene.
"You're right we were the ones who came to that party," I said. "We were sad that we weren't invited so we just came in."
"Yeah with those invitations you stole," said Daniel, giving the Airbuds back to Penelope. "Don't think I didn't see them..."
"Fine you caught us," said Penelope, finally. "We thought it wasn't fair that you invited everyone besides us. So that's why we decided to wear the best costume and get that award to prove it you wrong and show that we are not lame. Please don't get mad at us..."
"I'm not mad at you," said Daniel, calmly. "I'm actually really surprised. I thought you'd do lame costumes like blanket ghost or something like that, but this, this was awesome! I underestimated you two!"
Penelope and I just laughed awkwardly.
"But why were you peeking into my father's study?" Daniel asked suddenly. "My brother, Gabriel, saw you."
This time, I was sweating a lot. I didn't know how to answer that. But good thing Penelope came to the rescue.
"We were fascinated by how the study looked," said Penelope. "We didn't wanna look like weirdos, so we just told him that we were looking for the bathroom."
"Oh okay then," said Daniel. "Well, enjoy your gifts! See ya."
After that he just left. It was a good thing that the bathroom was deserted, or else it would've been worse. Penelope and I were just standing there, confused.
"What just happened?" asked Penelope suddenly. "Did he just not get mad at the fact that we went to his party uninvited?"
"I have no idea," I said. "Come on, lets just go back to class."
We went back to class and sat on the back, at my place. The English teacher suddenly came in. The whole class went quiet when she came in.
"I need you to get into groups of three," said Miss Smith. "We'll be doing another essay now. Quick, get into your groups."
We wanted to make a group of two because we didn't know anyone else. But suddenly, Daniel turned around from his place and asked us.

Penelope POV
"Hey can I be in your group?" Daniel asked, and pointed to the group in front of him. "My friends ditched me, look at them over there. Can I just join you?"
"Uhh sure, I guess," I said. "Yeah you can enter our group."
He turned his chair to face us. Ash and I just looked at each other.
"So what's the tittle again?" asked Daniel, taking out a few sheets of foolscap paper. "I know we're supposed to start it with a sentence or something right?"
"Yes that's right," said Ash. "We were supposed to start the essay with 'It was three in the morning, and I received a text...' and it's about a guy who got betrayed by a friend."
"Sounds a little confusing," said Daniel. "But I think we can do something."
"Yes that's right," I said. "I already have a story forming in my head."
"What is it?" Ash asked. "Come on, tell us!"
I told them the story that I had in my mind and they were surprised.
"I didn't know you could make stories," said Daniel. "You should become a writer!"
"She already is," said Ash, to Daniel's surprise. "She writes on Wattpad, go check her out."
Oh no why did she say that? Oh great...
"You write on Wattpad?" asked Daniel, wide eyed. "What's your username? I have an account. I wanna read it!"
"It's... Poppythebest," I said, awkwardly. "I have a few stories that you can read."
"Oh okay," said Daniel, taking out his phone. My phone vibrated in my pocket. "That was me. You have earned a new follower."
"Thanks," I said. "I'll appreciate it if you read my stories."
"I will," said Daniel. "Oh and sorry about what happened at the bathroom the other day. I was just jealous because you got the best essay in class, while I actually got a very low mark for it. It wasn't actually,y fault, because my partners were jerks, and I had to do it alone. I think I'll team up with you guys next time."
Is this guy really a bully? He didn't seem like one now. He seemed like an okay person actually.
The next day, he actually sat with us during recess. Ash was a little hesitant to take off her mask in front of him, but she did.
"So this is what you actually look like," said Daniel. "You look way better without any makeup and that mask."
"Uhh thanks..." said Ash, and continued to eat.
At first, it seemed weird that Daniel was friends with us, but then we grew used to it. We weren't always together. We only teamed up during class and stuff like that. Daniel usually gets ditched by his friends so he came to us.
The week went on like this, and soon it was Saturday.
Ash: It's been exactly one week since that Batman incident
Me: Yeah
Me: At least u didn't have to paint your face like Joker...
Ash: At least you received free Airbuds
Me: Yeah that's true too
Ash: I think starting from Monday, I'll stop wearing the mask...
Ash: It's so ANNOYING...
Me: Can u even breath in that thing?
Ash: It's kinda hard, but yeah...
Suddenly, I received a message notification from Daniel.
Daniel: Yo
Daniel: I really like ur book
Me: Thanks
Me: Glad u like it
Daniel: Okay bye I wanna continue ur book
After that, I started getting a bunch of votes from someone who's username was AwesomeGuy123. I'm guessing it's Daniel. He also left a bunch of comments too.
The weekends flew by, and soon it was Monday, again...
We went to class, and I sat at my place next to Lea. Our class teacher came in, with a boy. He looked as if he was younger than us. He looked like he was just thirteen years old. He was plump, and short.
"Students, this is Robin Davis," said Mrs Lewis. "He will be in our class. He's only thirteen, but he skipped a few grades. He's a brainiac, so don't underestimate him."
"Wassup everyone!" said Robin. "I'm Robin, but you can call me Bobby."
"Okay, Bobby," said Mrs Lewis with a laugh. "There, you can sit next to Ash."
He went and sat next to Ash. Something tells me that I should rescue her...