Ash Extras: Part 9

We were eating when I saw a familiar back. It was Penelope! She came here with her family!
"Look!" I said, pointing to them. "It's Penelope!"
"Are you gonna say hi?" Mom asked.
"You bet," I said, slowly getting up and sneaking behind Penelope.
Bah!" I screamed, causing Penelope to jump.
"Ash- Ashlianna?!" She exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"
Wow she really remembered to change my name.
"I was about to ask you the same question," I said. "Anyway, I'm here with my family. Going for a movie together."
"Oh really?" Penelope said. "What movie are you guys gonna watch?"
"My Dear Fallen Angel," I said. "It's about a woman that turned evil because of some unknown spirit."
"No way!" I exclaimed. "We're watching the same movie too! Right mom?"
Wow.
Penelope looked over to her parents and saw them looking at us in confusion. I was just standing there too. I decided to smile at them.
"Hi..." I said to which they nodded. "I'm Penelope's friend..."
They nodded again. I just fled after giving them another nod with a smile. I went back to our table and found mom and dad laughing at me. I looked over at Penelope's table and her parents still looked confused.Penelope turned around and nodded at us.
"Oh my gosh," mom said between laughter. "Poor Penelope. You know she almost threw her burger?"
"Yeah I saw," I said. "Her parents were so confused.
"Why do you always scare people from the back?" Dad asked. "Like, I've seen you doing it at your old school too."
I just shrugged and continued eating.
We still had ample of time and decided to hang out in the arcade near the cinema. Thankfully they had Tekken. This time I won too AHAHAHAAH!
We bought some popcorn and drinks and went to the movie theatre. Our seat was in the back row.
We finally found our seats and...
Surprise surprise.
Our seats were next to Penelope and fam.
She switched places with her mom and sat next to me.
"Does she know?" Mom whispered to me. "Does she know your secret mission?"
I nodded at her.
"Don't worry, she can keep it as a secret," I whispered back. "She's my best friend."
"Awww that's so sweet, Ash," Penelope said, overhearing our conversation. "I've literally only known you for like a week, I'm already your bestie."
"You're the only one I can talk to at school," I said. "You're my only friend."
"Shh quite you two," Mom said when the lights went dim. "The movie's about to start."
"No the ads are about to start," I said, and instantly an ad for another movie started. "See?"
"Yeah whatever," said mom.
The movie started and it was supposed to be scary... I guess? But it wasn't. Penelope looked a little scared at first. We finished our popcorn and ended up holding empty boxes.
But the movie was quite touching though. The woman, though possessed, tried to fight it and keep her son safe. But she was freed and she reunited with her family.
"Aww...." I said. "Poor Julie..."
"I know right," said Penelope, glancing into her popcorn box.
She sighed when she found it empty and continued to watch the movie.
So this is the first time I'm watching a movie with a friend after I moved into this town. Penelope is my first friend too.
We left the theatre and went home after saying goodbye to Penelope and her family. Penelope remembered to keep calling me Ashlianna instead of Ash. She's kinda good at this sorta thing.
We had a light dinner and I simply lied to Penelope that my parents are bombarding me with questions about her. She feels as if I'm a real spy or something.
Well, she feels honoured to be my sidekick too.
She texted lots of stuff about this and that. She was so fun to talk too. Finally. Finally I've met a friend that loves fighting games too. My old friends were nice and fun too, but they weren't into fighting games, in fact video games in general.
I dunno why, but most of them were interested in K-POP instead. I mean, I don't have anything against them, but K-POP just isn't my thing...
I went to bed late that night because I was texting Penelope for literally hours. It's a good thing tomorrow is Sunday. Gosh, why do the weekends go by so fast...?!