The janitor

Bobby POV
Lindsey came to our class and told us about the letter. We immediately went for recess and took turns watching Lindie's gym locker.
"I'll watch first, you guys go ahead," I said. "I'll watch here."
"Okay but I think two of us should watch at a time," said Ash. "You two go ahead first, I'll watch with Bobby."
They both nodded and ran off to the cafeteria.
We went to the locker room. It was deserted and we watched. Nothing happened.
Soon, Penelope and Daniel came too. We went for our recess while they watched. We ate as fast as we can and went back to the locker room.
"Any luck?" Ash asked. "Did anyone come?"
"Nope," said Penelope. "No one came. Only a fly..."
"I don't think Linda is gonna receive another note today," said Daniel. "Can we go? I really need to use the bathroom and we only have five minutes left..."
"That better not be the girls' bathroom," said Penelope. "Bobby, make sure he goes to the guys' room..."
"What have you been doing, Daniel?" I asked. "Did you sneak into the girls' room?"
"Many times..." said Ash. "He apparently 'can't read the sign'..."
So we went to the bathroom and went back to class. Nothing else happened today.
"We just wasted our time..." said Penelope. "I don't the criminal would give another note to Linda today..."
"They might come tomorrow," said Ash. "They might send another letter to her."
"Yeah that might be true," I said. "I'm gonna ask her to show me the note later."
"Can we come too?" Penelope asked. "We wanna see too!"
"Sure come on," I said. "We might find some clues with it."
So after school, all of them came to our place. We went to Linda's room and she showed us the note. It looked just like the previous notes.
"But Anthony said he's the one who made all of these notes," said Linda. "So how did our criminal replicate the letters so accurately?"
"We have to ask that whacko," said Daniel. "Let me ask him."
He called Anthony and put it on speaker mode.
He asked him how the kidnapper knew the way he wrote the letters.
"They made me send them a picture every time I gave them a letter," said Anthony. "And they made me take like three pictures of each letter..."
"So they actually copied your style of making the letters," said Ash. "Well, what magazine did you use?"
"Teen's Digest," said Anthony. "My sister loves those magazines so I just stole them from her."
"Thanks Anthony," said Daniel. "Linda just received another letter."
"Wait what?" Anthony said, shocked. "I swear, it wasn't me! Whoever sent you that letter, must be the real kidnapper!"
"That's what we think too," I said. "Anyway thanks, Tony."
Daniel hung up and turned to us.
"So what do we do now?" He asked.
"I have no idea," said Penelope. "I think we should tell your parents, Ash."
"Yeah," said Ash. "And we should also spy on Linda's locker tomorrow."
"Yeah," I said. "We might be able to catch them."
"Thanks guys..." said Linda. "I just want this to end..."
The next day, the four of us gather around the locker room. We ate as quickly as we can and came here. Linda said she did not receive any letters today. Great.
So we waited and waited. I leaned on the wall and wanted to sleep. The others were watching. All of a sudden, Daniel shook me awake and motioned me to keep quite.
"What is it?" I whispered.
"A janitor is coming," whispered Daniel. "She's approaching Linda's locker."
I sprang to my feet and peeked in too. I saw the janitor. She slowly walked towards Linda's locker, not making a sound. She suddenly took out a small envelope from her pocket and slid it into the locker vent. She was about to walk out past us, but we quickly caught her and pulled her into the locker too, locking the door behind us.
"Hey, we saw what you were trying to do," said Ash. "Now tell us! Who made you do this?"
"I ain't telling!" The janitor said.
"If you don't tell us, we'll tell the principal," said Daniel. "You don't wanna get fired, do you?"
"Okay okay, I'll tell," said the janitor. "I'll tell you..."
"Alright," I said. "Then tell us!"
"Well..." began the janitor. "I found it on my doorstep. It came with an envelope, together with five hundred bucks and a note."
"What did the note say?" I asked.
"It said that I should put this in this locker or they'll report me for stealing this five hundred bucks!" The janitor said. "So that's why, without much of a choice, I did this."
"Did you see who left it?" Penelope asked. "Do you have a camera at your home?"
"No we don't," said the janitor, shaking her head. "I'm too poor for it."
"Thanks anyway," said Ash. "If they contact you again, tell us. This is a serious matter that has to be handled by the police."
"Okay I will," said the janitor and thankfully ran off.
"So what do we do now?" I asked.
"We should check the note," said Ash. "There might be fingerprints of the sender."
"Yeah," said Penelope. "I don't think there would be much of the janitor's fingerprints on it, since she always wear gloves."
"Yeah maybe," said Daniel. "So we should examine the letter."
"We'll take it to my place," said Ash. "Mom and dad gave me a fingerprint dusting kit. We can examine it ourselves."
"Okay I'll tell Linda later," I said. "Whoever the kidnapper is, he deserves to be jailed!"
"He does," said Ash. "Come on, lets go back to class."
We did and were happy to find that we had a lot of free time since two of the teachers weren't in school. We discussed about the letter.
We haven't opened the letter yet. In fact, we don't even have it. It's still in Linda's locker. We didn't know the password, so we couldn't open it.
"Better not open it with bare hands," said Ash. "We have to wear gloves so that we don't contaminate it with our fingerprints.
As soon as school was over, Linda took the letter out with a tissue and put it inside a ziplock bag.
"Evidence," she said holding it up. "I feel like we're in some detective movie..."
"I know right..." I said. "Come on, lets go."
"My place is nearby, we can walk," said Ash. "You guys told your parents right?"
"Yeah," we all said together.
"Good," said Ash. "I think we should order some food, I'm hungry..."
We went to her house and decided to order some takeout with the delivery app. Daniel ordered some pizza and Ash started dusting the letter for fingerprints. We found plenty.
"Should we ask the janitor for her fingerprints too?" Penelope asked. "She might've touched it..."
"I already have them," said Ash, showing a card board with fingerprints. "I took these a few months ago, when I was still spying on Daniel."
"Good thinking," said Linda. "And now it's coming in handy."