The Halloween Party

Ash POV
I just finished taking a shower and I got a text. I put on my glasses and saw that it was from Penelope. She was already ready for the party. She sent me a selfie of her in costume. She actually looked good. Meanwhile, I haven't even started yet...
Penelope: So how's my costume?
Me: U look good
Penelope: Hehe thanks
Penelope: Mom helped me with it
Penelope: R u done?
Me: Haven't even started
Penelope: WHAT?!
Me: Yeah I'll get ready right away...
Penelope: Well u better
Penelope: The party starts in like an hour...
Me: Okay...
I put my phone down and started to wear the costume. I wore my contact lens, because I definitely can't wear the mask with glasses on. It was kinda hard to wear it but soon I was wearing it. I plaited my hair and hid it under my cape and then wore the mask. The costume looked good. There was still half an hour left to spare. I sent Penelope a selfie with the costume.
Me: So how do I look?
Penelope: AMAZING!
Me: Haha thanks
Penelope: What did u do to ur hair?
Me: I hid it under the cape
Penelope: Oh ok
Me: I'll be there in ten minutes to pick u up
Penelope: Ok
I went downstairs and showed my parents the costume.
"Is it nice, mom?" I asked. "It's for Daniel's Halloween party."
"You look really good, dear," said mom. "Remember, don't break character."
"I won't, I promise," I said. "I'll do good."
"Are you going alone?" asked dad. "It would be dangerous if you go alone. Want me to come?"
"No no I'm not going alone," I said. "I'm going with Penelope."
"The girl we saw in the mall?" asked mom and I nodded. "Okay then. She knows our secret right?"
"Yes she does, mom," I said. "She's helping me with it too."
We drove over to Penelope's house. She was waiting for us outside with her mom.
"Bye Poppy," said her mom when she got into the car next to me. "Have fun at the party, and don't come home too late."
She waved at her mother and soon, we were riding to Daniel's house. His address was on the invitation.
"Be safe, you two," said dad. "Remember, don't break character."
"Yes we won't do that, dad," I said. "I'll text you the details, okay?"
They drove away after exchanging goodbyes. Penelope and I turned around to see Daniel's magnificent house.
"Whoa..." said Penelope. "This is his house?"
"Apparently," I said. "Come on, Joker, lets go in."
We went towards the entrance and there were two big guys standing there. They looked like bouncers, but they were in costume. One of them were wearing a Pennywise costume, and the other was dressed like the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
"Invitation?" Mad Hatter asked in a gruff voice. "You need an invitation to go to the party."
We both showed them the invitations and they let us in. We entered and all of our classmates were there, in costume. Don't mean to brag, but their costume looked kinda lame compared to ours. Daniel was obviously there too. He was walking around talking to our classmates and stuff. He was wearing a skeleton costume. He saw us and came to us while smiling.
"Hey there!" he said. "Welcome to my Halloween party! Feel free to enjoy the snacks and drinks served! They're all served at the buffet table over there. We'll also be playing some games in a while!"
We nodded without saying anything and then he continued to talk.
"The two of you are friends right?" asked Daniel and we nodded. "Do I know you? I can't really tell who are you two with the costume..."
"I'm Batman," I said and Penelope started laughing for no reason. I think she's putting it on for the costume. "Obviously, this is Joker."
"Ah I see," said Daniel with a nod. "So you don't wanna break character huh? That's okay. Go ahead and enjoy the party!"
He walked off to greet more of his friends. Phew that was a close call.
"So you wanna have some refreshments?" I asked Penelope and she nodded. "Come on, lets get something. Oh and watch your makeup. Try not to smear it."
"Yeah I will," said Penelope. "Yeah I think we should still enjoy the party."
We went over to the buffet table and started taking some finger food and a few cups of drinks. We just had sodas, some of those mummy hot dogs and some finger cookies. They looked disgusting, but they tasted good.
We sat at one of the sofas that were arranged in a large circle in the middle of the room and started eating. After that, Daniel came in. He stood in the centre and started talking.
"Now we'll be having a game of charades," said Daniel. "The person who guesses right, will receive a bag of treats. Are you ready?"
Everyone cheered. Penelope and I just looked at each other and shrugged.
"So first round, I'll be doing the charades," said Daniel. "The one who correctly guesses will take over after me and so on. Okay?"
"Sure!" said everyone in unison.
Daniel started doing something in the centre. He looked like a walking zombie. Someone guessed it but he shook his head, signalling that it wasn't the right answer. So I raised my hand and shouted 'Mummy!'
"That's right," he said, and one of his friends came over to me and gave me a Jack o' lantern basket full of treats. I think it was Mathew. I couldn't really tell because he was wearing a Beetlejuice costume. I started looking through the basket of treats.
"What do you think?" I asked Penelope when I received the gift. "This party isn't so bad after all."
"Wait..." said Penelope. "Since you answered the question, you have to go and do the charades now right?"
"Umm..." I said. Just then, Daniel called me to the centre. "Yep wish me luck, Joker..."
"Come over here, Batman," said Daniel. "It's your turn to do the charades."
I passed the treats to Penelope and asked her to hold it. She held it for me and started laughing hysterically. Seriously, she made me wanna laugh too, but I can't because I'm Batman...
So I went to the centre and took a paper from the Jack o' lantern bowl. The paper said 'Devil'. This should be easy I guess. The first thing that came to mind was Devil from Tekken. I know that if I did this, Penelope might be the only one to guess this.
So I pointed to my forehead and stood like how Devil Jin from Tekken shot his Hellfire Blast. Everyone looked confused, even Penelope. Then she realised and gave a gasp, raising her hand while shouting 'Devil' loudly.