Ash Extras: Part 3

Mom dropped me off at school and I went to my class. I entered my class and the first thing I saw was Penelope drinking her whatever tea. I could see that she almost choked on her drink. She doesn't look too bothered so I just went to my place at the back of the class.
I noticed that I was getting a few stares so I just plugged my earphones into MP3 player and started listening to my favourite songs from Tekken and KOF. When will I find a friend that shares my preference?
The English teacher came in and I paused my music. It looked like she had already marked our essays. I wonder how ours is gonna turn out.
So apparently, our essay was the best in our class. Wow! We went to get the essay and Penelope asked if she could keep it. I agreed because I have no use for that essay. I went back to my place and decided to read that book on Wattpad again. It was good, and I even commented, something that I don't usually do.
The teacher asked us to do another essay. Another story essay. She wanted us to start the story with a sentence. Penelope came to sit with me again. Guess I earned myself a new pair.
Miss Smith always makes some jokes in class and it's hard not to laugh. I couldn't hold it and I laughed as silently as I can. I hope no one heard me...
I left one of my earbuds hanging so that I can still listen to my music while listening to what the teacher was saying.
Suddenly I felt a nudge. I turned to Penelope, little surprised that she actually nudged me. She looked taken aback but quickly recovered.
"You play KOF?" Penelope asked to my surprise. "Sorry I asked, I just recognised the music as the theme of the Elisabeth team."
Wait she plays KOF too? This is the first time I've met someone who plays KOF besides me. I just stared at her, speechless, and she just stared back. She looked kinda scared, I don't know why.
"Yes I do," I finally said and she looked relieved. "You're basically the only one I know besides myself who plays this game."
She smiled and nodded.
"Yeah I feel the same way too," said Penelope. "I never knew anyone who played that game besides you."
I didn't really realise that music was still playing in my left ear. The song changed.
"You played Tekken too?" Penelope asked.
Wait... how did she know? Did she just guess or...?
"How did you know?" I asked her.
She picked up the earbud that was hanging and showed me.
"Metallic Experience," she simply said.
She knows Tekken songs too? Well that's surprising.
"You know that song too?" I asked in shock. "I can't believe it!"
"I know right," said Penelope. "What else do you play?"
I was about to tell her, but I stopped. If I say anymore, my emo cover might get blown.
"I think we should start the essay first," I said in attempt to end this topic. "The faster the get started, the better."
She nodded and took out a few sheets of pink foolscap paper. Wait is that even allowed? None of our classmates had foolscap paper aside white and yellow.
I put my MP3 player and earbuds into a little pouch and stuffed into my pocket. I decided to give me some ideas for the essay. Well it's faire, considering that I did all the writing yesterday.
She wrote our names and gave it to the teacher. She's expecting this essay to be just as good as the previous one. I hope it does or else it's gonna be a little... embarrassing...
We went back to my place at the back and I started taking out my MP3 player and plugged the earbuds into my ears to avoid more questions. The song playing this time was also a Tekken song which happened to be Heat Haze Shadow 2. I also continued to read that book online. I couldn't stop reading it.
Penelope didn't say anything to me after that. The next period was Maths and it was really boring...
Break time finally came and I went to my usual spot after buying some hash browns. I was gonna take my mask off to eat, but suddenly someone slammed a red bag in front of me. I looked up to see Penelope grinning down at me.
"Hi Ash," she said, sitting in front of me. "Are you eating?"
Umm how am I gonna eat with my mask on?
"Does it look like I'm eating?" I asked, pointing to my mask. "You expect me to absorb the food through the mask?"
"Oops my bad," said Penelope. "What are you gonna eat?"
I just pointed to the plate of hash browns in front of me and she nodded.
"Whoa I never knew they sold hash browns here," said Penelope, surprised. "Wow..."
Wasn't she in this school since the first form?
"How come you never knew?" I asked. "You've been in this school for like three years now."
So apparently she didn't know because she always brought food from home and never actually bought anything from the cafeteria. That's nice...
Why was she here? I asked her and she just said that she wanted to spend her recess with me. She clearly wants to talk to me. She seems so nice...
The main reason why she was here was to talk to me about Tekken and KOF. She asked who my favourite characters were and I told her it was Nina and Kazuya from Tekken and as for KOF, I said Ash Crimson. Well, that's not exactly my favourite character, but we do share the same name.
She went on talking about fighting games and I decided that it wasn't a good idea to take my mask off in front of her. Instead, I waited for her to finish eating.
I read the story from Wattpad on my phone while talking to her. She was gonna wait for me to eat but I sent her off. She wanted to go to the library and I said I would meet her there.
As soon as she left, I started eating my hash browns. So I guess Penelope is my first ever friend in this school. It felt good to finally have a friend.
As soon as I finished eating, I went to the library where I found Penelope sitting in front one of the coldest air conditioned tables in the library.