The Gardners

Linda POV
I waited and waited. I didn't know what time it was because they took away my phone, and I didn't wear my watch. So I just waited.
As I was waiting, I heard a loud sound. It sounded like the engine of a motorbike. No. It sounded more like a helicopter! But it couldn't be because it was coming from behind the door. I pressed my ears against the door to hear. I listened closely and it was the sound of someone snoring!
Aha! They must be asleep then. I tried the door and it opened with ease! They must've left it unlocked! What bit of luck! I slowly crept out and covered my ears because their snoring was unbearable! There was another door next to a window where I can see the dim lights from the street.
I slowly walked forward, trying not to make a sound, and went towards the door. I tried it and it wasn't locked! Thank goodness for stupid henchmen! I opened the door and ran out as fast as I could. I just ran, not knowing where to go. I stopped for a while and caught my breath.
I can't stop now. I started running again. I ran and ran. I don't know how long I've been running, because my clothes were becoming wet, as if I went swimming. I started getting tired, and my vision darkening. I soon blacked out and fell to the ground. I don't know how long I've been there.
I got up to water droplets falling from the sky. It was drizzling. I got up, even though I felt weak, and started walking down the dirt road with all my might. I was exhausted, but I couldn't stop now. I've come this far in escaping, and it would be pointless if I stop now.
Then, to my joy, I saw a muddy jeep coming my way! I ran towards it with the very little energy I had left, and tried to stop it. But to my dismay, it didn't. It sped towards me and hit me. My head hurt really badly, and soon everything went black.
I woke up on a bed. I had never seen this place before. My head hurt, and I couldn't remember anything but my name. All I knew is that my name's Lindsey and that people call me Linda. What was going on? What is this place?
Just then, the door opened. A girl about my age came in. She came and sat at the foot of the bed.
"So you're finally awake now?" She said. "I'm Olivia. Olivia Gardner. My parents accidentally hit you on the road. Can you tell us who you are so that we can take you home?"
"I-I can't remember anything," I said. "My head. It hurts really bad..."
She got up and helped me off the bed.
"We need to get you to a doctor," said Olivia. "Come on, I'll take you to my mother."
She took me downstairs and there was a woman there. She was cooking something in the kitchen.
"Ma! The girl's finally awake now," Olivia said. "But there's one problem. She can't remember anything."
"Can't remember anything?" The woman said and came towards us. "Where does it hurt?"
"Ov-over here," I said, pointing to the part that hurt. "It hurts over here."
She felt the spot and I yelled in pain.
"I'm afraid I can't do anything about it," said the woman. "There's no doctor for the next few hundred miles, and we definitely can't afford the treatment..."
"It's okay, Miss," I said. "I'll just try and find my way back."
"Oh no you can't do that," said Olivia. "There's nothing for miles and miles! Nothing but dirt road. You can't get anywhere there!"
"Then what do I do?" I asked. "How am I supposed to find out about myself?"
"You just stay here," said the woman. "If anyone knows you, someone is bound to come looking for you. Just wait, patiently. You're welcomed to stay here as long as you want to."
"Thanks, I will," I said. "I don't have anywhere else to go."
"We don't even have internet and we have terrible tv service," said Olivia. "How would they know that she's here, ma?"
"If she's meant to go back, she will," said Mrs Gardner. "By some way, she will, if faith would allow."
Olivia nodded and asked me to go and freshen up. After that, we had dinner. This family, though they don't know me, they treated me as though I was a part of their family. The parents treated me like their own daughter, while their children treated me like their own sister.
I had a good time with them. I felt at home. I was beginning to think that no one was looking for me, and that I'm just a nobody, who had no one.
But now, I realised that I was wrong. My family were indeed looking for me, but just lacked the evidence to what had happened to me. It was a good thing I kept all of the evidence, because I actually considered burning them.
"So that's what happened to you," said Mr Reynolds. "Do you have any idea who captured you?"
"No I don't," I said. "I don't know who. I don't really like making enemies nor cause trouble. I don't know why they wanted me in particular."
"Thank you for the information, Lindsey," said Mrs Reynolds and stopped recording. "Now we have to find out one more thing. Who planned the kidnap?"
"I would certainly help if I can," I said. "I honestly don't know who would come after me."
"Yes Lindsey's a sweet girl," said Robin. "She doesn't have any bad intentions towards anyone."
"Oh come here Robin," I said, pulling him closer to me. "Look at how much you've grown! You're a big boy now! Do you know how much I missed you?"
"I missed you too," Linds," said Robin. "I really missed messing around with you..."
I hugged him and he really did grow a lot since the last time. He was taller now too... and fatter.
"Does mom and dad know that I'm here?" I asked. "Do they know?"
"No they don't," said Ash. "We only told them that we're going for a road trip."
"But why?" I asked. "I would've been very happy to see them! And I'm sure they would feel the same too!"
"Yes but we wanna keep it a surprise!" Penelope said. "We wanna give them a very big surprise at the police station!"
"At the... police station?" I asked. "Why there?"
"Because..." said Ash. "Well we're too tired to explain..."
"Anyone up for some lunch?" Mrs Gardner asked suddenly. "I'm gonna be making some tasty shepherd's pie and some tasty spiced apple pie for dessert!"
"Oh speaking of pie!" Penelope's father said suddenly. "We still have those farm food in the car!"
"Then go and get it, silly," said his wife. "Go get them before they go stale."
The adults all left, including the police officers, to get the food from the cars. Penelope, Ash and Daniel came and sat with me.
"So are you happy that you've finally gained your memories?" Daniel asked. "I'm sure you are."
"Yes I am," I said. "I had this empty feeling in me for the past two years. Now, it's gone, as if by magic."
"Don't worry, Linda," said Penelope. "You're gonna go home, soon."
"Yes and you're gonna meet your parents," said Ash. "They surely miss you."