Going towards south

The next day, we packed up for a few nights just in case we had to stay. Penelope's parents came too because they were on holiday too, and were worried about Penelope. Daniel came too with his brother, Gabriel. They kinda looked like twins but Gabriel was older by two years.
So we bundled up our cars and started driving. Our car was in the lead. Bobby came with me while Anthony rode with the White brothers. A jeep of police officers rode in the rear of all of us. We rode for hours and hours. After that, we felt hungry. There weren't any restaurants nearby because it was literally a dirt road. But we did come across a farm once in a while.
"We'll stop by the next farm," said dad. "We need some food."
"Yes and maybe we should get some supplies too, just in case," said mom. "The two of you, text your friends tell them we're gonna stop at the next farm we see."
"We need fuel too," said dad. "They may have some petrol on hand, or at least tell us where the nearest petrol station is."
We nodded and told the others about it. They agreed.
After about fifteen minutes more of driving, we finally came to a farm. It was beautiful. There were cows, goats, sheep and chickens. And to our relief, they had a few jeeps and tractors too, so they definitely knew where to get fuel.
We all got out and went to the entrance of the farmhouse. Dad rang the doorbell and soon, a plump woman opened the door. She looked taken aback when she saw how big our group was.
"Oh my gosh what a big company!" The woman said. "What can I do for you?"
"We need some food," said mom. "And some fuel."
"Certainly I can give you the food," said the woman. "But we don't really have fuel."
Penelope's dad groaned.
"Do you at least know where we can get some?" He asked. "I'm sure you do, since you have jeeps and tractors."
"Yes you can get some at the petrol station not far from here," said the woman. "It's a really big service station. They sell everything because there isn't anything but sand for the next few hundred miles. So you better get all your stuff from there."
"Thanks miss," said Daniel's brother. "Now can you sell us some food?"
She nodded and invited us in. She made us sit down at the large dining table that actually fit all of us in it. She served us a very big meal, more like a feast. We ate so much and were stuffed. The food was good too. We paid our share and she also gave us more food like pastries, buns and small pies for all of us to eat later.
She was generous too, and threw in some freebies. She gave us some freshly pasteurised cow's milk, freshly churned butter and a giant block of cheese, all at a low price. We thanked her and left.
Just as we were leaving, we saw a middle aged man, a younger guy and a teenaged girl, entering the farmhouse with a bunch of other guys. They must be the woman's husband children and the others might be their workers. We greeted them and went on with our trip.
We stopped at the petrol station which was a few kilometres away. We filled our petrol tanks and went shopping at the service station. We got ourselves some water, some snacks and some toiletries.
"Are the toiletries really necessary?" Dad asked, doubtfully. "I thought I saw you stuffing your bags with lots of it."
"Just in case," said mom. "We might be staying there longer than we think."
"Well Penelope must be thinking the same too," I said, pointing to Penelope, who was frowning over the lip balms sold. "Daniel already gave her like three or four of those really expensive lip balms, and she still wants more."
I quietly snuck behind Penelope and startled her. She was holding a lip balm and when I startled her, she jumped and threw the lip balm upwards and was juggling it to catch it. She sighed and then looked at me.
"What was that for?" Penelope asked me, annoyed. "I almost dropped it!"
"Sorry about that," I said. "But why do you need so many lip balms when Daniel literally gave you like three in that party?"
"Don't ask," said Penelope. "One cannot get enough of lip balms."
"Especially you," I said. "You better grab some water and snacks."
She nodded and went towards the drinks section to grab bottles of water. I went back over to mom, dad and Bobby. Dad was putting a few jerrycans of petrol on the counter to pay, together with the other stuff we bought.
"Why do I feel like we're preparing for a zombie apocalypse or something?" Bobby asked. "Like look at all these stuff! It's like we're preparing to survive an apocalypse!"
"I know right," I said. "But it's all for the best. Pray hard that you're gonna see your sister again."
Bobby did and we went back to our car with all of our stuff. We loaded our boot and brought the snacks into the car. We drove and drove for a few hours. It was almost night.
"Are we there yet?" Bobby asked. "We've been driving for literally hours! I'm getting sleepy..."
"Almost there," said mom, looking at her phone. "It's only an hour away, the place where the jeep owners live. Just sleep in the car if you want."
We slept and the next thing we knew, it was daylight and not far from our car, was a small farm.
I glanced behind us and saw all of our people's cars waiting behind us.
"Is this the place?" I asked, turning back to my parents. "This must be it!"
"Yes it is," said dad, eating a bun that we got from the farm. "But we're not gonna enter yet."
"Why?" Bobby asked. "Let's just get in and get Lindsey out of there."
"Here, eat this first," said mom, handing each one us a small pie and a cup of milk. "Have your breakfast first. We skipped dinner last night."
"We weren't hungry," I said, biting into the meat pie. It tasted good. I swallowed and continued. "The big meal was enough to last the whole day. This pie is delicious!"
"I know right," said dad. "We should go to that farm on our way home too, and get more food."
As soon as we were done, we went to the farm. So all of us, a big jing bang, knocked on the door and waited. Bobby looked anxious and so did Anthony. Anthony felt guilty for what he had done.
We waited for someone to answer the door, but no one came. I knocked again, this time harder. We heard footsteps, followed by the sound of the door knob rattling.