Back home

Ash POV
Penelope and I went to the drinks section and started choosing some refreshing drinks and bottles of mineral water. We went over to the counter where our parents and the Davises were.
"Hi mom, hi dad," I said, putting the stuff we took on the counter. "Can we stop at the farm?"
"Yeah we should," said Mom. "We need food."
"And those meat pies," Bobby added. "They were good, right Ash?"
"Yeah they were," I admitted. "I feel like having some too."
"Yeah also we are like only halfway home," said Dad. "We need a pit stop."
We paid for the stuff and went back to the car. We drove to the farm again and had a nice, BIG lunch there. We also got ourselves some snacks, mainly the meat pies...
After that, we continued home. We drove and drove for hours and finally the familiar highway came to view.
"Four hours more," said Mrs Willows. "Four hours and then it's home!"
"Wrong..." said Penelope and I together.
"Why?" Penelope's parents asked.
"We have to leave Linda at her home first..." I said.
"Oh right..." Penelope's dad said. "Forgot about that..."
"Yeah the Davises must have their daughter back," Mrs Willows said. "They have been separated for far too long..."
"Yeah..." said Penelope. "Poor Linda..."
"And poor Bobby too," I said. "He really misses his sister..."
We drove on and stopped for fuel again before continuing. After that, we drove to the Davis home. Bobby's parents immediately came out to see what was all about. Mom and dad made Linda wait in the car while we went to the gate and spoke to them.
"What's all this?" Mr Davis asked. "What's with the police jeep and all? And why so many cars?"
"We have come to report something, Mr Davis," said one of the police officers. "It's about your daughter."
"Our daughter?" Mrs Davis asked, worried. "What happened to her? Did you find her? Is she okay?"
"I'm afraid, ma'am..." said dad, with a worried look. I always love it when he does that, especially when giving good news to worried people. "I'm afraid... you have to see for yourself. Gary, bring her out."
Uncle Gary went to our car and opened the door. Linda came running out. Her parents stared at her in shock and surprise.
"Mom! Dad!" Linda shouted and ran to her parents, who immediately started hugging her. "I missed you so much!"
"We missed you too, Lindsey," her mom said, tearing up. "Where have you been?"
"Can't breath!" Linda said because her parents were squeezing her too tightly.
"Oh sorry, Lindsey," said her father and her parents let her go.
"I was kidnapped," Linda said. "They brought me somewhere and I escaped and ended up on a farm."
"A farm?" Her mom asked. "But how?"
Mom and dad explained the whole story to them. By this time, all the neighbours came out to see what was up. The Davises invited us in, but we refused.
"We're tired, ma'am," mom said. "I think it's best we go home now. We'll come tomorrow and explain the whole story to you."
"I'll explain," Linda said.
"There's one more thing," Uncle Gary said. "We still don't know who's behind the kidnapping. It was all a scheme, against Linda."
"Now who could have done this?" Linda's dad asked. "As soon as I find out, I'll tear them to pieces!"
"Calm down, Richard," said Mrs. Davis. "Let's go inside. Thank you so much, all of you. Are you sure you don't wanna come in?"
"No it's okay, Mrs. Davis," said Mom. "Come on, guys, lets go."
I hopped into my family car and Penelope hopped into hers. We waved each other goodbye and went home.
"Finally, home!" I said and laid down on my favourite couch. "No more highways, dirt roads, farms and petrol stations!"
"I really need a hot bath," mom said. "What about you, Ashley?"
"Nah I'm good," I said. "I just wanna relax."
"Stinky girl..." said dad. "How come you never think about bathing first."
I ignored the question and groaned. They both went up to their rooms. I think I should go take a bath. A hot bath does sound nice.
So I went up to my room and laid down on the bed, staring at the ceiling before collecting my stuff to take a bath. I took a long bath, and almost fell asleep in the tub. It was a good thing I got out before I completely went to sleep...
I got dressed in pyjamas and decided to sleep. I actually need it right now...
So at this time it was about dinner time, but I ate a lot of those meat pies in the car, so I didn't actually feel hungry and I actually fell asleep, with no problem. Not really sure about mom and dad, but I'm definitely good without dinner.

I woke up and looked at my phone and found that it was like six in the morning. I groggily got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I went down to see that mom and dad were still asleep. I just turned on the WiFi, got out my laptop and sat at the dining table, replaying the Tekken 7 Mishima Saga. It was interesting as we finally get to know the flashbacks. After a while, mom finally came down.
"Up so early?" Mom asked. "And you're playing Tekken first thing in the morning?"
"Yes?" I said. "I was bored, so here I am."
"What time did you sleep last night?" Mom asked. "Because when I came back after taking a bath, you were no longer here, and all we could hear was snoring sounds from outside your room door..."
"Yeah I fell asleep after taking the bath," I said. "I was so sleepy, almost fell asleep in the tub..."
"I almost did too," mom said. "Anyway, what shall I make for breakfast?"
"I dunno," I said with a shrug. "What do you feel like making?"
"Hmm..." mom said, thinking. "How does pancakes sound?"
"Sureeee!" I said. "We have maple syrup right?"
"I think we do," Mom said. "Yeah, we do. I remember seeing a full bottle of it before going south."
"Yay!" I cheered.
Mom went to the kitchen to prepare the pancakes while I continued playing Tekken 7. I was at the boss round where Heat Haze Shadow was playing. I actually really like that song, and it's my second favourite besides Snow Castle.
Yeah I lied to Penelope when I said I preferred Antares. Well, I couldn't say that I liked such a bright song with my emo persona in action right? So that's why I lied...
I was finally done with the Mishima Saga when dad walked in.
"What's for breakfast?" He asked. "Looks like mom's doing something in the kitchen."
"Pancakes," I said. "With maple syrup."
"Sounds good," said dad, sitting on one of the dining chairs. "I wanted to ask her about it too actually."
"So we had the same plans, then," I said. "Yeah I felt like eating some too..."