The secret diary

Ash POV
I tied my hair up and took my hoodie off to search the desk because the hoodie got stuck to the drawer and I had a hard time unstucking it. It's a good thing I freed it without ripping it a. My hair was also a bother and I had to keep throwing it back. So I just tied it back.
I opened the first drawer and rummaged in it. I saw a small notebook and flipped through it. Empty.
I decided to open the second drawer and it was filled with pencils. The pencils were arranged in a tray. I lifted the tray and there was a book under it.
'Linda's COOL Diary,' the cover read. I took it out and showed it to the others in triumph.
"You guys!" I said, flourishing the diary. "I found her diary!"
"We already read it," said Bobby. "It's no use. There's nothing of note inside there."
"I bet that's the first thing the police read," said Penelope. "And I don't think there's anything in it..."
"Yeah I guess," I said and placed it back into the drawer. "Well, at least there's one more drawer to search."
I opened the third drawer with difficulty and started rummaging in it. This was apparently the junk drawer and it was filled with random stuff. I wanted to close it, but there was something jamming it. I took it out a little way and put my hand onto the top of the drawer to see if anything was blocking it. There was nothing, so I started to close it.
I couldn't close it properly. There was something preventing it from fully closing.
"Here, let me try," Daniel said and came over to try and help.
He tried and tried, but couldn't close it.
"Wait wait," I said, pulling the drawer out. "Maybe there's something behind it."
I pulled the drawer all the way out and looked into the drawer slot.
"What is it?" Penelope asked as I frowned while feeling around the inside of it. "Is there anything inside?"
I felt something and pulled it out. It was a small, thick notebook, tucked all the way at the back. Bobby gave a gasp.
"I've seen this before!" Bobby cried. "I've seen it! Lindsey was pulling it out the drawer. She was gonna open it, but she saw me peeking from the entrance and quickly put it away and called me in."
"How did she react?" I asked. "Did she freak out or anything?"
"No," Bobby said, shaking his head thoughtfully. "No, she didn't. She calmly called me and pulled a chair for me to sit on."
"And then?" Daniel asked, crunching on one of the almond bars as if it was popcorn. "What did she say?"
"She just told me that I'm a good brother, and that I shouldn't tell mom and dad about what I saw," said Bobby. "She said that it's our little secret. I asked her what it was and she said it was nothing."
"What did she say after that?" Penelope asked. "Did she get angry or anything?"
"Nope, she didn't," said Bobby. "After I left, I heard her chuckling!"
"Wait what?" Daniel asked, disappointed with how the story went. "Now that's lame..."
"Daniel..." I said, annoyed with him. "Was this long before she disappeared?"
"Not really," said Bobby remembering. "In fact it was only a week before she vanished!"
Penelope gasped. "Maybe it had something to do with it?" She said. "Maybe it's some secret?"
"Let's see," I said, opening the book. "We'll read it one by one."
We read the first page and it was her diary. She had two diaries. One was her 'obvious' diary and the other was her 'secret' diary. This girl is definitely hiding something. We read it and it had embarrassing secrets at school and it was funny. Bobby laughed too, with tears streaming from his eyes.
"I miss her," said Bobby, wiping away his tears. "I really miss her. She was such a fun person, a nice girl and... an amazing sister."
"This is really sad," said Daniel, fake crying. "It's like this. She wrote all of these before she disappeared. And now, we don't even know what happened to her. She might even be dea-"
"Daniel!" Penelope and I shouted at the same time.
Bobby started sobbing even more. I put the book down and went to comfort him. I sat down next to him, on his sister's bed. I put an arm around him and spoke to him in a soft, gentle voice.
"Don't worry, Bobby," I said softly, shooting Daniel with a warning glance. "Don't listen to Daniel. He's an idiot, don't bother with him."
"Wait what?" Daniel shouted, and received a smack from Penelope. "Fine..."
"That's right, Bobby," said Penelope, sitting on the bed on his other side. "He's nutcase! Don't bother what that cuckoo clock says!"
"Seriously guys?" Daniel said, a hand on his forehead. "Now I'm a whack?"
Bobby laughed through the tears and we felt relieved when he finally laughed. But suddenly he became thoughtful. He was deep in thought.
"What is it, Bobby?" I asked. "What are you thinking?"
"There's something that I just remembered," said Bobby, wiping away the tears. "There was something weird about her chuckle that day. It sounded more like... like sobbing!"
"Sobbing..." Penelope said, thinking. "Bobby, we have to read this diary. There's definitely a big secret inside it."
"Yes and we have to read it," I said. "Bobby, may I take this diary with me? I'll return it tomorrow when we come for the project."
"Oh my gosh the project!" Bobby exclaimed suddenly, forgetting all about his sadness. "Oh no! I have to write out the list!"
"Relax, Bobby," said Penelope. "You can write it later too. I think it's time for us to leave. I'm running late for dinner. Wouldn't wanna miss that..."
"Yeah me too," I said and asked again. "Bobby, can I take this home with me for now?"
"Sure," Bobby said with a nod. "As long as you can find something useful in it that would lead us to Lindsey, I'm okay."
"You better not tell your parents about this yet," Daniel warned. "They might restrict us from messing around, worried about our safety."
"I won't, don't worry," said Bobby. "The last thing I want right now is be restricted to find Lindsey."
"Thanks Bobby," I said, tucking the book inside my bag. "Come on, guys, we better go home."
We went to the living room to wait for our parents' arrival. We suddenly heard an engine roar, followed by another. And there came an even louder engine roar. Ah the third one is definitely our beloved family car.
"I think our people are here," I said, getting up. "I think I can hear your Jaguar too, Daniel."
"Goodbye Mr. and Mrs. Davis," we said to Daniel's parents as we left.
Bobby's mother came out to unlock the gate for us to leave. We thanked her for the snacks.
"Thanks for the snacks, Mrs. Davis," I said before entering my family car. She nodded with a kind smile.
We rode back and it was already getting dark. It was in the evening.
"So did you have fun discussing the physics project?" Mom asked. "What are you guys gonna do?"
"Wind turbine," I said, without turning away from the side window. I always loved looking out of car windows while riding in a car. "We're gonna use a dynamo."
"That's good," said Dad. "When I was at school, we made a bottle rocket. It was very interesting. One day I'll show you how it's done."
"Yeah yeah whatever," I said. "That 'one day' will never come..."
"Okay fine I'll show you next weekend," said Dad. "I will. I'll buy the supplies."
"Let's see if he does," mom said, a smile clear in her voice. "I bet he won't."
We laughed on the way home. I went to my room straight after dinner to read Linda's diary. I took it out of my bag and sat on my bed to read it.