Ash Extras: Part 2

It's been like two weeks since this term started now. I've been following Daniel around and it's kinda getting boring because he's not doing anything but just fooling around with his best friends. Well, they don't really seem to treat him like a best friend. They only go with him for free stuff since he's rich as heck.
Daniel seems a little lonely sometimes. His friends always ditch him for some reason and he would be left alone. No wonder he's bullying others. He's insecure with himself! He makes others feel more insecure than he is, and feels satisfied with that.
School went on as usual and as for now, it's English period. There's only one hour left till I could go home. So I'm just sitting here, with my earbuds plugged in without any music playing.
The teacher was saying something about writing a story or something. We were supposed to do this in pairs. I looked around for a pair, and BEHOLD! I have no pair because no one wants to team up with me. So I guess it's me, myself and I, again...
I started playing some music and started writing out a draft and the teacher came and saw the teacher approaching. I quickly paused my music but left the earbuds on because no one could actually see it, my hair covers it all the way.
"No pair?" Miss Smith asked and I shook my head. "That's okay, Ash, you can do this by yourself right?"
I nodded at her and she smiled and continued walking around the class. I played the music again and continued with the draft. It's a good thing I'm not wearing my glasses because if I was, it would fog up because of the face mask I'm wearing now.
I was listening to Wish I Had An Angel by Nightwish. They're one of my all time favourite bands. I tried not to sing because it felt really tempting to follow along.
I was writing the draft and suddenly, I felt someone tapping me on my shoulder. It kinda startled me.
I turned to my right to see that it was Penelope. What is she doing here? I took off my earbuds to find out.
"Miss Smith asked me to be your partner for this essay," said Penelope.
She must've been suffering the same fate as me I guess.
"Okay," I said with a nod. "That's cool."
"Have you elaborated any points?" Penelope asked. "I have elaborated some."
She handed me her notepad where she wrote her points for the essay. Gosh her handwriting is terrible! But at least it was still readable.
She elaborated some points, a little different from mine. And they were good elaborations too. She sat there waiting for my answer, I almost burst out laughing at her.
I nodded at her and she smiled.
"Okay you elaborated enough," I said. "I'll just combine it with mine and we're good to go."
"Alright," said Penelope. "Thanks Ash."
I nodded and started writing the essay out on a fresh piece of paper. My hair fell over my face, almost covering both of my eyes but luckily it didn't. I'm getting used to this by now...
"Hey, you need a hair tie?" Penelope suddenly asked me. "I have an extra, do you want it?"
It was kinda nice of her and it did sound tempting but it would kinda blow my emo cover so I refused.
"No thanks," I said without looking up. "Keep it yourself."
"Okay," said Penelope.
She sounds like she's hurt. Uh oh... sorry, Penelope, I didn't mean it. I didn't mean any of it. Now I feel terrible! This is soo gonna haunt me for the rest of my life...
I finished writing the essay and handed it in to the teacher after writing our name at the top of the page. Penelope went back to her place and I put some of my stuff away and started to put my earbuds back on.
I tried really hard to get my mind off what happened but I just... can't. I can't help feeling bad for it. Should I apologise to her? I don't know...
School was finally over and I thankfully carried my bag to go home. There was no one home, so I just had to walk home, and get myself in. It isn't that far, just a two minutes walk from the school.
As soon as I got home, I tied my hair up in a high ponytail and washed all that makeup off after taking off those contact lens. It felt much better to wear glasses instead.
I just decided to play some games and watch tv until mom and dad arrived.
As soon as they did, I told them the whole story, and they comforted me.
"Honey, don't worry," said mom. "I know she knew that you didn't mean it. Besides, you didn't really say anything offensive to her."
"I know, but it still hurts to know that I hurt her," I said. "Should I text her or something?"
"If it would make you feel better, then go ahead," said dad. "I'm sure you'd feel way better if you do."
"Yeah but..." I trailed off. "It might blow my cover."
"Oh Ashley," said mom. "It wouldn't matter."
I went back up to my room and decided to finish my homework. After I was done, I searched for Penelope's phone number in the class group chat. I found it easily because she set her selfie as the display picture. Mine on the other hand was a picture of Dark Ash from the game KOF. Just to fit with the emo vibes, ya know?
I was gonna text her an apology but hesitated. I don't know why, but I had this feeling that it was a bad idea. So I decided to just put my phone aside and play a game of Tekken Mobile instead. (A/N: Tekken Mobile is actually no more, but I'm writing it anyway because I miss that game so much.)
I won a few times and ran out of health points. I saw the time and realised that it was late and I have to go to school tomorrow. So I just decided to go to bed. I set my alarm on my hi-fi and went to bed. I know, this is a little old school but I love it!
I didn't really sleep properly that night due to a nightmare that I can't even fully remember. Why are dreams so weird?