Filing a report

Soon, mom came in with breakfast. She was about to serve the food, but then paused.
"Did you brush your teeth?" She asked me.
"Uh yeah I did," I said truthfully. "I brushed my teeth before coming down."
"Are you sure?" Mom asked, to which I nodded and then she turned to dad. "What about you?"
"Umm... yes?" Dad said, obviously lying.
"Yeah right," said mom. "Go brush your teeth."
"Fine..." said dad and went to the bathroom. I started laughing at the situation here.
"And you," said mom to me. "Go put your laptop in the living room. It takes up too much space."
"Fine..." I said and turned the laptop off, plugged out the charger and put it on the living room table.
Soon, we all had breakfast together. We discussed about the mystery.
"We have to go to the Davis home later," said mom. "We need them to file a report, so that we can find out who kidnapped Linda."
"Yes our work isn't over yet," said dad. "We still need to find the criminal."
"Yes and put them in jail!" I added. "They don't deserve to roam around free like that!"
"Yes he needs to receive the rightful punishment," Mom said. "Get ready after breakfast, we're going."
"Can I call Penelope too?" I asked. "She'd love to come too!"
"Fine you can," said dad. "She might come in helpful to the case."
As soon as breakfast was over, I took my laptop up to my room to put it away. I sat on my bed and texted Penelope and Daniel in our group chat. We initially made that group chat for school projects, but considering the situation now...
Me: Yo
Me: Wanna come?
Penelope: Where?
Me: To Bobby's
Me: We want to get a report to find the Linda's kidnapper
Penelope: SURE!
Daniel: Hey then what about me?
Daniel: I wanna come too!
Me: Fine
Me: Just come
Daniel: Yay!
Me: Oh n btw
Me: Dad says he has his eye on u
Daniel: Me?
Me: Yeah u
Daniel: Y?
Me: Bcoz u bullied us...
Penelope: Especially in the bathroom
Penelope: U AREN'T EVEN ALLOWED IN THERE!
Daniel: Yeaaah I was a jerk wasn't I...
Me: U still are
Daniel: Wait what?
Daniel: No!
Daniel: I've turned over a new leaf!
Penelope: Is it because ur friends ditched u
Daniel: Kinda...
Daniel: They literally ditched me after the party!
Me: Aww that's so sad...
Me: 😭😭
Me: But at least u weren't ditched from the start
Me: Right?
Penelope: Yeah!
Penelope: U have no idea what it feels to be ditched from the start...
Daniel: Fine
I put away my phone to charge and went to take a shower. After that, we went to Bobby's house so that they could file a report on the kidnapper. Penelope came too, and so did Daniel. Bobby and Linda's parents were in the living room.
"Sup guys," Bobby said as soon as we entered. "Thanks again for helping us get Lindsey back."
"It's our duty," said mom. "Anyway, where's Lindsey?"
"She's in her room," said Bobby. "Wait, I'll go call her."
He ran up the stairs shouting Linda's name. She came down with him soon after.
"What is it, Officers?" Linda asked.
"We need you to file a report about your kidnapper," said dad. "We still haven't found out who kidnapped you..."
Just then a car drove up to the Davis' home. Someone stepped out and ran in. It was a guy, he looked kinda like Mr. Davis. Must be his brother...
He entered the house and went to Linda.
"Lindsey!" He exclaimed and hugged her. "Glad you're okay!"
"Oh hi uncle Ben," said Linda. "I'm okay, just missing for a few years..."
"Where were you?" He asked.
"At a farm, far away towards south," said Linda. "A nice family took care of me."
"Glad that you were in good hands, Lindsey," he said. He then realised that we were here. "Who are you?"
"Officer Jonathon Reynolds from the Police Department," said dad, showing his ID card.
"Officer Clara Reynolds," said mom, flourishing hers too. "We're here to get a report regarding Lindsey's kidnappers."
"What about the teenagers?" He asked. "They don't look like police officers to me..."
"They're my friends," said Linda. "They're here to see me too."
"Well I would really appreciate it if you find that rogue that kidnapped Lindsey," said 'Uncle Ben'. "I really want to get my hands on him!"
"We'll do that as soon as we find them," said dad. "Now, we need a report..."
"Tell us everything you know, Linda," mom said. "We need to know the people who has anything against you."
Linda told us. She told us about her friends at school, her enemies, her good teachers, the teachers that hate her, and much more. Mom and dad listened intently. Well, we didn't really stick around to listen to all of that. We slipped away with Bobby and went to his room.
"Let them do the interrogating," I said. "Have you got anything to play?"
"Yeah of course I do!" Bobby said. "Anyone up for a game of UNO?"
"Yes!" We all said together.
Bobby brought the deck of UNO cards to the dining hall and we sat around the table and played. The game was good and I kept winning. Yay!
After that we played bluff.
"One Zero," I said, putting my last card on the stack. "I win!"
"Bluff!" Daniel shouted.
"Alright," I said. "See for yourself then."
He saw the card and sure enough, it was a zero. He regretfully took the stack of cards. He started sorting them out according to numbers.
"Hah serve you right," I said. "You didn't believe me when I said I win..."
"Fine, you win..." said Daniel. "Come on, guys. Let's finish this game."
Well, Daniel was losing because he kept shouting bluff for no reason, causing his card stack to grow higher and higher.
But before he could lose, mom came to call us.
"We have to go, Ashley," said mom. "Come on."
"Aww..." said all of us.
"Fine..." I said, getting up. "Come on guys."
"Bye Bobby," said Penelope. "See you at school next Monday."
We went home and had our dinner. After that, we started laying out the details of the case in an orderly manner.
"It's like we're playing Enigmatis," I said. "In the game, the main character would lay out the details and evidences in a noticeboard and label them accordingly. I feel like playing that game now..."
"We do this because we can easily see what goes where," said mom. "It would be easier to fit the pieces of the puzzle and see what goes where."
"Yeah," I said and continued to help them lay out the clues and details.