Bobby Davis

Ash POV
Okay now. So this new guy is gonna sit next to me? Why me? Now he's just sitting next to me, and smiling at me for no reason. I pulled my hair closer to my face.
"I really like your hair," said Bobby, touching my hair. "It smells so good! What shampoo do you use?"
"Leave me alone..." I said, and turned the other way. I saw Penelope grinning at me. I gave her a look as if to say 'help me...' but she just started giggling. I looked to the front and saw Daniel looking back with a smirk. This is embarrassing.
"Oh come on," said Bobby. "Don't be like that! I just said I like your hair!"
I just nodded. I think I'll wear that mask again tomorrow. He keeps smiling at me! This guy seems to be a little annoying...
Finally recess came. I rushed out before Bobby even got up. I grabbed Penelope's arm and ran to the cafeteria.
"Yo stop running!" shouted Penelope. "Ash! Stop!"
I ignored her shouts and ran to the cafeteria. I stopped at our usual table and sat there.
"What did you do that for?" asked Penelope, panting. "Why did you pull me here like that?"
"Bobby..." I said between breaths. "He's annoying. I didn't want him to come tagging along.
Penelope started laughing.
"Hey it isn't funny," I said, annoyed that she started laughing. "If you were me, then you'd know."
"Hey he doesn't seem that bad," said Penelope. "In fact, he's kinda cute, in a junior way, not in a... romantic way."
"Yeah that's true," I said. "He seems like a little boy. He looks younger than thirteen..."
"So you ran away from Bobby, huh?" said Daniel, while coming to our table too. "You looked like a ghost when you started covering your face with your hair, like a curtain."
"Curtain!" exclaimed Penelope and started laughing so hard while banging the table. "Oh my gosh, I can't take it..."
"Hey quit banging the table, you're gonna break it," I said, annoyed with her. "Looks like Joker was a suitable costume for you after all!"
"Wait what?" said Penelope, shocked. "No!"
"Whatever," I said, getting up to go buy some food. "I'm going."
"Hey don't leave us!" exclaimed Penelope, while Daniel was just there, laughing at us. "Ash!"
"What?" I said, turning around. "I'm just gonna get some food..."
"Oh..." said Penelope. "Okay then."
"If Bobby comes, tell him I'm not eating anything, and that I have disappeared from existence," I said before going to the counter.
I got myself some chicken salad and a glass of milk because I felt like eating healthy, for once. I went back to our table and saw Penelope and Daniel talking while giggling.
"What's so funny?" I asked while sitting down. "Talking behind my back?"
"Yes..." said both of the, in unison.
"Your hair really looked like a curtain just now," said Daniel, smirking. "I should've taken a photo."
"Ooh I wasn't close enough to see," said Penelope. "I should sit next to you next time."
"Yes please do that," I said. "Switch places with that Bobby..."
"In that case..." said Penelope. "No."
"What?" I asked, surprised that she just ditched me. "Why?"
"I dunno," said Penelope. "It's really fun to see you two together."
We started eating and I was watching the entrance of the cafeteria. Wait... is that Bobby? Oh great...
I glanced at my plate and saw that there was only one piece of chicken left. Penelope was done too, and so was Daniel. I stood up, put my tray and cutlery into the basin and prompted them to hurry up. They were confused but just came along. We went to the library entrance and they started asking me why I was in such a hurry.
"I saw Bobby entering the cafeteria," I said. "That's why I pulled you two out of there."
Penelope and Daniel looked at each other with a sly expression.
"Ooh!" exclaimed Daniel as if something big has been revealed. "So that's the ploy."
"A very big ploy," said Penelope. "VERY big."
"What is up with you two?" I asked in an annoyed voice and just entered the library. "I need to return this book."
I returned it and took out another book to read. My two friends came in too, and we sat at a table. The book I took was from the same series as the previous one I borrowed. This time, it was 'Stolen Identity'. This one looked interesting too. I should read this.
"I think I should tie my hair and take off my hoodie whenever I'm outside of class," I said, doing what I just told. "I'd look different that way, and Bobby won't really recognise me."
I took off my hoodie and tied it to my waist, revealing my pink shirt underneath. I tied my hair into a ponytail too. Daniel looked at me confused.
"Are you even an emo person?" asked Daniel, doubtfully. "You don't look like one..."
"Fine..." I said. "I'm not. It was just a disguise."
Penelope and I explained everything to him and he burst out laughing, only to be shushed by the librarians.
"The police thought he was a DRUG DEALER?" asked Daniel, between laughter. "Oh my gosh, was dad really that suspicious?"
"Yes," I said. "Especially that client of his..."
"Yes I've seen him," said Daniel, laughing. "He looked like that weird guy who was stalking stalking Michael Jackson in the Billie Jean music video!"
"Yes exactly!" Penelope agreed. "I saw him too, and he looked really weird."
"It seems that it's a surprise for his wife," explained Daniel. "She's always watching him, that he has to wear a disguise when he's trying to buy her a surprise gift. But something tells me that his 'disguise' doesn't work on her anymore..."
"I think it so doesn't," said Penelope. "That's the lamest disguise ever."
"And the most suspicious one too," I said. "If he keeps this up, someone is gonna report him for a suspicious act!"
"Library is closing!" announced one of the librarians.
"I guess we better leave," I said, letting down my hair and putting my hoodie back on. "And I don't know what Bobby is gonna do..."
"Good Luck!" said Penelope, clapping my back. "I wanna watch what's going on..."
"You can come sit next to me," Daniel offered. "Anthony switched schools starting today."
"Wait what?" I asked. "Since when? By the way, thanks, I'll sit with you."
"He only transferred today," said Daniel. "Friday was his last day. Anyway, I was talking to Penelope, not to you."
"That's so mean!" I shouted, backhanding Daniel's arm. "I thought you wanted to rescue me."
"What was that for?" said Daniel, rubbing his arm. "I didn't say anything wrong..."
"You don't need any rescuing, Ash," said Penelope, laughing. "You're safe with Bobby. By the way, thanks Daniel."
"Fine..." I said. "But please. Don't make things awkward for me by laughing..."
We went back to class and Penelope moved into the spot next to Daniel. We talked a bit before Bobby came.
"Wait how come Anthony switched schools again?" Penelope asked. "He only switched from another school early this year, and he switched again?"
"I don't know," said Daniel. "Maybe he doesn't like this school?"
"Probably," I said. "Anyway, here comes Bobby!"