A tour of the Gardner Farm

Penelope POV
Our parents soon came back and we had the food we got from the farm on the way here yesterday for lunch. It was a good thing they didn't go stale yet, or else it would've been a huge waste of food...
"I think we should leave now," said Ash's father. "Or else we wouldn't be able to reach home before bedtime."
"Why don't you stay over for the night?" Mr Gardner offered. "There's plenty of room, you can just stay here and leave in the morning?"
"What do you guys think?" Mrs Reynolds asked the others. "I feel like we should stay."
Everyone agreed to stay because it was getting rather late. The journey was like fifteen hours long, and by the time we go home, it would be tomorrow!
So we stayed. We decided to look around the farm, leaded by Linda, since she knew this farm very well.
"Okay so these are the chickens," she said. "We collect eggs from them whenever they lay eggs. Now, lets go to the barn. The cows are there."
She took us to the barn, and there were like five cows there.
"So this one's Bessie, that brown one is Betty, that spotted one is Molly," she went on. "That black one is Nettie, and that little one at the end is... Penelope. She's my favourite."
"So Penelope, you should get acquainted with your name twin," said Ash with a snicker. "Go meet your name twin."
So a cow has the same name as me. Oh I hope I don't get picked on for this...
After that we went to the sheep pen, and there were many woolly sheep there. There was a shepherd there, which was actually Mr Gardner's brother. He had a sheep dog too.
After that, we had a break in the dairy with some snacks and refreshing glasses of fresh buttermilk.
"Let's show you the process of making butter now," said Linda. "So here's how butter is made."
She poured some milk from the large milk bucket into a large barrel like-thing with a crank and started to turn it. She turned it several times and then opened it. Inside it was some butter, with some milk residue left behind.
"You guys can have a taste," said Linda. "And that milk you see? That's buttermilk. Wait let me pour it out. Rob, can you help me?"
Bobby went over to help her turn over the barrel and take out the milk. There was a jug of it.
"Anyone wants a round two of buttermilk?" Linda asked. "I think we'll take this and the butter back to the farmhouse so that we can have it over some buttered toast."
"Mmm toast..." said Bobby. "I missed the way you make toast... mom always toasts them till brown. I prefer my toast to be more lighter."
We went back to the farmhouse and to the kitchen. We made some toast, and buttered them with the fresh butter. We even added thick slices of cheese in between the toasts, and they tasted really good...
After that we went outside and had them on the benches outside. It felt relaxing. The cool autumn breeze blew gently against our faces. I pulled my jacket closer as it was getting cold.
I liked it. I really like cold weather. It feels more relaxing. I wished I could stay here for longer, but we obviously can't. Also, this place had NO WiFi and NO coverage, let alone mobile data. How am I gonna update my book? Oh well... some things can't last forever right?
After a while, we freshened up before having dinner. Mrs Gardner made us a very big meal and we enjoyed it. After that we all, or at least, us teens, sat together in the dining hall and had a big game of old maid. It was a very interesting and intense game because there were eight of us playing, as in me, Ash, Bobby, Linda, Daniel, Gabriel, Olivia and her brother, Oliver.
The game was almost over, there were only two people left: me and Linda. I only had two cards left while Linda had only one. Her card was obviously the pair for one of my cards. I had to pass my card to Linda. One of it was the old maid, and the other wasn't. I prayed that she would take the old maid and make me win.
Just as she was contemplating on which card she should take, I saw her glancing up and down from the card. I turned my head to see Bobby, behind me. He was signalling to Linda so that she wouldn't take the old maid. That ain't fair!
"Oi go over there," I said. "That's cheating!"
Bobby reluctantly went to the side, behind Linda. I reshuffled the only two cards I have and held it up for Linda to choose. She picked the old maid. She groaned and started reshuffling the cards. She held it up for me to pick. I did and to my dismay, it was the old maid! Again!
I shuffled them and held it up for Linda. She picked the old maid. After that it was my turn to pick a card and it was the old maid. Seriously what's going on?
After that, she picked the old maid, and after that I did. This went on for like ten rounds or something. After that it was my turn to pick. Linda held her cards. I picked a card and Linda groaned. I glanced at my card and it was the pair that I needed. Yay! I win! Poppy wins!
I was celebrating, and so was Ash. We high-fived and were screaming happily. Suddenly the doors opened. It was mom.
"Kids, we can hear you from the living room," she said. "You're far too noisy."
"But mom, we only just finished one game!" I said. "We wanna play more!"
"You kids are far too noisy," said mom. "Also, it's getting late. So go to bed."
"Kids?!" Gabriel exclaimed in shock. "But Mrs Willows, I'm eighteen this year! I'm an adult by law!"
"Yeah but not by heart," mom replied. "Go to bed, all of you. We need to leave early tomorrow."
"Fine..." said all of us together.
Mom left us and went back to speaking with the adults in the living room.
"Come on, y'all," said Linda. "I'll lead you guys to your rooms."
Linda led us up the stairs.
"Okay so Mom said you two are gonna share in my room," said Linda to me and Ash. "There're two extra beds in my room. The boys can sleep in that room."
"What about our parents?" I asked. "They have rooms too, right?"
"Of course they do," said Linda. "Their rooms are on the ground floor."
We went to bed, glad that the day was finally over. I wrote the day's happenings in my diary before sleeping. It was a looong day, and so was my diary for today...
We slept soundly, and peacefully.

A/N: To avoid confusion, Bobby, Robin, Rob, and Robbie are the same person. Linda, Lindsey, and Linds or maybe even Lindie are the same person too. They just have many nicknames.