Daniel Extras: Part 3

I go to the library alone and put my lunch bag down on the shelf outside. From the corner of my eye, I spotted two people at the end of the corridor. Penelope and Ash...
I grimaced at the latter and entered the library as quick as I can and went towards the fiction section. I frowned over the disorganised books and tried to find something to read. Seriously, how did psychological science get in here? The librarians are so not doing their job properly. They're more focused on shushing us, despite how noisy they and the teachers are.
I decided to go for a Hardy Boys Adventures book called The Phantom Heist, and went to a table right under the coldest air conditioner of the library. It was one of the oldest too, but I don't know why the new ones aren't doing their job properly.
I opened the book and started reading the first page, which was in Frank's point of view. Penelope and Ash came in and sat at the table next to mine, also under an air conditioner. I gave them a frown, considering how they were both staring at me like I did something wrong, and went back to my book. The two girls were whispering non-stop for some reason, and I caught a glimpse of Penelope trying to sit on the table from the corner of my eye. Okay, the weirdoness from Ash is definitely contagious.
"What are you doing?" I said, putting the book face down on the table. "Are you trying to sit on the table?"
"Umm no," Penelope said, quickly sitting back on the chair. "That's a really good book. Do you like it?"
"What?" I lifted the book up and showed her the cover, careful not to lose the page I stopped at. "You read this?"
"Yes I did," Penelope said, nodding. "It's good. About some spoilt girl's party getting crashed."
"I see..." I said, nodding slightly.
Ookay I better get out of here before they start prying further.
I get up and make my way to the counter to borrow the book. The librarian was super slow, like... worse than a snail. Some other librarian idiot kept coming and asking her about something, and this idiot kept leaving to help that librarian instead.
"Excuse me, could you key in this book first?" I said when she was about to leave the counter. "The library's almost closing, and once it's closed, you wouldn't let me borrow this book."
"Not now, Lea," Grace said with a frown. She took the book, and my library card, and started keying it into the library database using the computer behind her. It's weird how they put the computer there, instead of putting it in front of them.
I glance behind me and see Penelope grabbing a book too, before making her way to the counter, waiting in line behind me. By some miracle, Grace finished keying my book into the system. I quickly leave the library and tuck the book into my lunch bag while turning to leave. The door burst open, and a wave of dark energy stepped out.
And stared at me as if she was gonna eat me.
"W-What do you want?" I asked staring back at her.
No reply.
The door opened again, and Penelope came out with a book in her hand.
"Why is your friend so creepy?" I asked, turning to her. "Look at her, she's been staring at me ever since she came out!"
"I don't know," Penelope shrugged, grabbing her stuff. "Why don't you ask her?"
"She give me goosebumps," I said, backing away from them. "I'm gonna make an exit. See ya!"
I ran down the corridor and down the steps without looking back even once.
That Ash definitely has issues...
Well, at least she's no longer sitting behind me. She moved to the spot next to Penelope. I wonder what this Penelope sees in her. She seems to be normal with her.
They both got issues...

I went back to class and sat at my desk, reading the book I just borrowed. Anthony was nowhere to be seen. Like I care. I need to ditch that jerk soon...
Then again, he says he's moving away soon. Good riddance is all I can think of.
I looked up from my book and saw Ash suddenly come over. I almost fell off my chair in shock. I put the Hardy Boys novel on the stack of my books before turning to her with a frown.
"Hey Daniel," Ash said gloomily. "So I heard you're hosting a huge Halloween party?"
How did she know...?
"Maybe?" I said with a scowl. "It's none of your concern. I don't want weirdos lurking around my party. Especially you and Penelope."
"But why?" Ash asked. "We have nothing against you..."
She actually wants to come? No way am I inviting her. She'll probably come like this, maybe with a little bit more of makeup, but still in black clothes.
"I just don't like you, okay?" I blurted. "Besides, I think your costumes are gonna be lame. Now can't you just go?"
She hesitated for a moment before speaking again.
"There's one more thing I wanna ask you," Ash said. She pointed at the Hardy Boys book on my table. "Is that book good? I haven't read it yet. Can I see the synopsis?"
She wants to read this book?
"Sure..." I said and gave her the book after folding a dog ear at the corner of the page.
She stared at the back of the book for a moment and gave it me.
"Thanks," Ash said. "The book looks good. I think I'll borrow it after you."
She started walking away, but just when I thought it was all over, she bumped into the stack of books on my table, sending them to the floor. Great...
"Oops, clumsy me," Ash said, bending down to pick up the books. I groaned and crouched to take them too.
She picked up some books and gave it to me, then proceeded to watch me lift the books and put on the table.
"Sorry," she said, her hands stuffed into the pockets of her hoodie.
She ran back to her desk and sat with Penelope. I shook my head and picked my book up again to read. I should save some for later, considering that I'm the only one among my friends who's staying back for Pre-Sports.

School was almost over, but not for me since I'm staying back. I put the Hardy Boys book into my bag, together with the rest of my text books. The extra invitations were sandwiched between my Add Maths textbook and my biology textbook.
Wait... why are they only two left? I could've sworn there were four left? Where's the other two? Did someone steal them?
Nah... 
I packed my bag up and went to the foyer to put my bag. I got changed into gym clothes before going to the canteen for second recess. Since I was alone, I ate while reading that Hardy Boys book. Something tells me this book is gonna keep me occupied during the weekend. It's not that thick, but still. Better than staring at my phone all day.

Alright, hey guys! I need a suggestion. Should I write the Halloween Party in Daniel's POV too? I feel like I didn't elaborate much on his POV at that part. It would be fun, considering how much stuff happened. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Love,
ShashaMeow