Boring biology class

Ash POV
"Sup goth girl?" said Bobby, sitting down next to me. "I was looking for you
during recess. What happened to you?"
"I didn't eat," I said. "I went to the library."
"Ah the library," said Bobby good choice. "Very nice environment to study."
I silently chuckled, hoping he wouldn't hear me. I think he did because he suddenly started laughing too. Penelope and Daniel turned around to see too.
"I see you two are getting on well," said Penelope. "Well, welcome to our class, Bobby. I'm Penelope Willows by the way."
"And I'm Daniel," said Daniel. "Daniel White. Nice to meet you, Bobby."
"Nice to meet you two too!" Bobby said, cheerfully. "Well, you two told me your names. What about you, goth girl?"
"I'm Ashley," I said. "Ashley Reynolds. Call me Ash."
"Ash..." said Bobby thinking. "Nice name for a nice girl like you."
"You don't even know me..." I said. "How do you know I'm nice?"
"I dunno," Bobby said with a shrug. "You look like a nice girl to me."
"You're the first person in the world to say that," I said, and immediately the two in front of me started snickering. "Everyone thinks I'm creepy..."
"Really?" said Bobby, astonished. "But why?"
I pulled my hair a little closer to my face and glared at him. He was taken aback by my sudden stare. Penelope and Daniel burst into laughter.
"Okay now you just pierced through my soul," said Bobby. "But still, not creepy. I actually really like your eyes. It's just your glare..."
"Yeah this is why they think I look creepy," I said while tucking my hair behind my ear. "Yeah so what do you think now?"
"You actually remind me of my sister," said Bobby. "You look a little like her."
"I do?" I said, glad that Bobby just thinks I look like his sister. "Why? Is she a goth too?"
"Not really," said Bobby, looking down. "She has long black hair, kinda like yours. She would always leave it down, covering half her face. We always wondered why, but-"
He didn't get to finish his sentence because our biology teacher walked in. We stood up and greeted her. She started teaching in front, making us sleepy. She wouldn't even give us exercises, because she gave us one measly exercise in the beginning of the year, and made us hand our books in.
After that, our book has never been seen or heard of. Rumour has it, she ate our books for dinner the day she collected them. We asked her, and she said she'd give us 'this week' which was literally last month! So it's safe to say, we ain't gonna get them back.
She started teaching and my eyes were shutting. Penelope was using her fist to support her head while Daniel was already snoozing in the desk. Well, at some point, I think I dozed off too, because Bobby had to poke my shoulder to get my attention.
"The teacher said we need to get into groups of four," said Bobby. "I think it would work, if we just called Penelope and Daniel."
I glanced at them, and they were both sleeping now. I called them, but they didn't respond. Guess they're dead asleep. I scrunched up some paper and threw it at Daniel. He woke up and looked at me, confused.
"Wake Penelope," I said. "We need to make groups of four, and it would be perfect for us."
He nodded and stifled a yawn. He tapped Penelope's shoulder and she woke up.
They both turned their chairs to face us.
"So... what are we supposed to do?" Daniel asked. "I wasn't listening..."
"Nor was I," I said. "Bobby?"
"She asked us to discuss about the circulatory system, and present it in front," said Bobby. "We are supposed to do it on a sheet of A0 sized paper. I'll go get one now."
He went to the front, where the teacher was handing out some of those large papers and brought it to our place. He laid it down and we adjusted it so that we could write on it even though the table was too small.
We finished the assignment fast enough, and had plenty of time left. The other groups weren't done yet, so the teacher said we would just present them tomorrow.
"Which school are you from?" Penelope asked Bobby. "Like which middle school were you from?"
"I went to Grapevine Middle School," said Bobby. "Then I came here, because I skipped a few grades."
"I wanna see what your sister looks like," I said. "I'm curious, since you said I kinda resemble her."
"Wait I have a picture," said Bobby and took out his phone and searched it.
He showed us a picture of him and her together. He looked small, and younger in the picture. She didn't really look like me, she had long hair, about the same length as mine, and perhaps she was the same height as me.
"It's mostly the hair," said Daniel, looking at the picture. "Yeah, it's the hair."
"Yeah..." I said. "How old is she?"
"Your age," said Bobby. "She'd be sixteen."
We nodded at him. But there was something odd about him when he talked about his sister. He became gloomy, unlike his cheerful and fun self. But right after that, he turned back to normal and was telling us about his hobby and stuff.
Soon, it was time to go home and we happily left.
We went to the foyer together. Daniel waved at us and climbed into his father's amazing Jaguar XE. I wish I had that car...
"Hey, my parents can't pick me up today," said Penelope. "Can I come to your place? I'll ask my parents to pick me up there."
"Sure," I said, glad to have some company. "I don't mind. Come on, then. It's only a short distance away."
I started leading the way to my house. We soon arrived and we thankfully sank down on the couch as soon as we entered. I took off my hoodie and put it on the sofa.
"Phew what a long day!" I said, turning on the fan and sitting down on the sofa. "So good to be back!"
"Yeah," said Penelope. "Your house looks amazing!"
"Thanks," I said while tying my hair. "My parents furnished this nicely. They picked the best colours, and made everything match."
"Yeah," said Penelope. "Mine too."
"I'm gonna go and change," I said. "I can't wear these contacts any longer."
I started going up to my room when suddenly the doorbell rang.