Anthony Miller

The next day, we went to school as usual. It was Monday and school would only finish at two-thirty. Bobby brought our project and put it on his table. During physics, we went to the lab. We greeted the teacher and she asked us to present our projects. Ours was the third group.
The first were so unprepared. All they did was talk about a solar powered calculator, instead of actually making something. The teacher was disappointed with them. After that, the group was to make something related to water energy. They made a water wheel and showed how the water made it spin.
And then came our turn. We showed it to the class and the teacher complimented us as we explained. We were proud of ourselves.
After that, it was recess. We brought our stuff with us because we were lazy to go back to class to put them away.
"So our plan later," Ash said. "Daniel, you wait for Anthony. We wait at a nearby table and watch. Ask him first. If he denies, bring him to the back alley and threaten him. We'll be along too."
"Roger," said Daniel. "Can it involve beating him up?"
"Try not to," I said. "But if he starts first, don't hesitate to defend yourself."
"I hope he knows where Lindsey is," said Bobby. "I just want her back..."
"Don't worry, Bobby," said Ash, comfortingly. "He'll lead us to something."
"I hope," said Bobby. "I hope she's okay..."
Soon, school was over. Daniel insisted that he drives to school today, and his parents didn't mind, because they had more than one car. So we hopped into his car and rode to the cafe. We parked fairly far away and waited. Daniel sat somewhere obvious, while we sat at the back, still able to see what was going on.
We waited there with a nice cup of tea. Soon, we saw the familiar face.
Anthony came in and saw Daniel. He sat in front of him and they started talking. We could hear what they were saying from where we sat.
"So how's it going, Tony?" Daniel asked. "How's your new school?"
"It's fine," said Tony. "But I miss sitting with you."
"Aww really?" Daniel said, sarcastically. "Do you have a girlfriend?"
"Nah not yet," said Tony, shaking his head. "Parents don't allow. They said I can only have one when I'm in college."
"College?" Daniel asked with a chuckle. "Then what about Linda?"
"L-Linda?" Anthony said, fear in his voice. "Who's that? I don't know any Linda."
"Really?" Daniel asked doubtfully. "Then what about those letters you sent her?"
"Letters?" Anthony asked. "What kinda letters? I didn't send any anonymous letters to anyone!"
"You've given yourself away, Anthony," said Daniel with a smirk. "It's so obvious that it was you."
"What do you mean?" Anthony asked. "I don't know what you mean!"
"I never said those letters were anonymous," said Daniel. "How did you know they were anonymous?"
"Fine, you caught me," said Anthony. "Can we go somewhere private? So that I can explain in secret."
Daniel agreed and they both started leaving the cafe. We went out too. Anthony was leading Daniel into the back alley. They were the only ones there, besides us. We hid behind a dumpster to watch.
Without warning, Anthony suddenly punched Daniel. He punched back and Anthony groaned in pain. We ran to see what was going on and when Anthony saw us, he started to run away, but Daniel stopped him.
We cornered him so that he couldn't run.
"Alright now tell us!" Daniel said. "What did you do to Linda?"
"I didn't do anything," said Anthony. "Someone offered me a HUGE sum if I did this."
"Did they pay you?" Ash asked. "I bet they didn't."
"They did," said Anthony. "They paid me after I lured Linda to them."
"And then?" I asked. "What did you do to her?"
"I didn't do anything!" Anthony defended himself. "I just brought her here, into this very back alley and they dragged her into a van and drove away!"
"Here?" Bobby asked. "They took her from here?"
"Yes," said Anthony. "Please let me go..."
"No," said Daniel. "Who hired you?"
"I don't know," said Anthony. It was all via texts and calls. They blackmailed me. They said if I don't agree to do this, they'll reveal my family's darkest secret to the public."
"What's the phone number?" Ash asked. "Who called?"
"It's a private number," said Anthony. "It doesn't show any number..."
"Do you still have the texts?" I asked and he shook his head.
"It's all in my old phone that broke," said Anthony. "They never said who they were..."
And with that, he turned around and ran away into the street. Before we can catch up to him, he jumped into a taxi and sped off.
"We lost him..." said Bobby. "Now what do we do?"
"Is there a CCTV camera at the back alley?" Ash asked. "Come on, let's check."
We ran back to the back alley to check and saw that there was indeed a camera there. It was a wide back alley. The CCTV probably belonged to the cafe.
"Let's go and ask about it," said Bobby. "They probably have the footage."
"They won't show us," said Ash. "We're only students. They only show it to authorised people."
"Like your parents?" I said. "The work for the police right?"
"Yes..." said Ash thoughtfully. "I think I'll go with them during the weekends. They're busy this week and only free on Saturday and Sunday."
"I hope they have the footage," said Bobby. "I hope we can find Linda."
"Don't worry, Bobby," I said. "We'll find her, I'm sure."
"Wanna come to my place?" Daniel asked. "My mom would've made some really good lunch."
"Sureeee!" All of us said in unison.
We went there and the place was magnificent. Daniel's mom was kind and served us a really good lunch. We had a tour of the house because we didn't really have a good look at the place the last time we came.
Daniel dropped us home after that and I was glad to finally be back. I wrote a few chapters because I didn't get to write much during the weekends because of the project.
Dinner time came, and so did my parents. We had dinner together and watched tv together. We watched an old movie that we haven't watched in a long time. It was good.
After that, we went to bed. I couldn't really sleep because my mind was thinking about the things that happened today. Where was Linda? What happened to her? Was she okay? I hope she is...