Costume shopping

Penelope POV
I can't believe it. We're actually going to Daniel's party. And I can't believe that I'm actually gonna go as Joker while Ash is gonna go as Batman. I wonder if we should act like we don't like each other.
"We better act the part," said Ash. "We should try and act as much as Batman and Joker as possible."
"Wait..." I said. "Does that means we should act like enemies?"
"Wait what?" said Ash, surprised. "No no not till that extent. I say that we should call each other with our character costumes."
"Sure, I guess," I said. "Alright then. I can't wait to go costume shopping this Friday!"
"Especially you," said Ash. "You're gonna need some face paint."
"And a lot of lipstick," I said. "And also a green wig."
"And I'm gonna need a Batman mask," said Ash. "And a cape too."
"I'm trying to imagine what you would look like," I said, trying to imagine. "Bet you're gonna look cool..."
"And you too," said Ash. "The Joker costume is actually gonna be harder."
"Yeah," I said. "It's gonna take longer."
"Wait when's the date anyway?" asked Ash, taking the invitation out of the envelope. "It's this Saturday, on Halloween day."
"Perfect," I said. "We'll have plenty of time to dress up."
This is gonna be good," said Ash, rubbing her hands together. "Wait... if we go costume shopping this Friday, won't the place be crowded with our classmates?"
"Oh yeah I forgot about that," I said. "So what do we do?"
"We'll go on Friday," said Ash. "And if it's crowded, we'll go on Saturday morning."
"Are you sure it's a good idea?" I asked, doubtfully. "That's some really last minute shopping there..."
"Do we have much of a choice?" asked Ash. "Or do you wanna go tomorrow instead?"
"I feel like it's better if we go on Friday," I said. "Because I don't think our classmates would go that last minute."
"Yeah so I guess it's a good idea?" asked Ash, and I nodded. "So it's settled then. We'll go on Friday."
We were looking forward to Friday. SHOPPING Friday. It seemed to take years for it to come. But, it finally came. As soon as it came, we were excited to go back from school.
"School isn't gonna end today," said Ash during free time . "It's seems like it's never gonna end..."
"I know right!" I said. "Why does time go slowly when we're awaiting something?"
"I have no idea," said Ash. "What time is it? Oh good there's only one hour left."
"More like ten hours," I said and laid my head on the table after taking off my glasses. "The hour is gonna go by so slowly. Wake me up when it's time."
"Hey wake up," said Ash, tapping my arm. "I'm gonna be so bored without you..."
"Then how did you survive not having any friends before this?" I asked, turning my face towards her. "You were like the most antisocial person in the whole school!"
"Yeah fine," said Ash. "Just sleep. I'll read your book instead."
"Goodnight," I said and decided to just sleep. "Wake me up before you go-go, don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo."
"Whatever," said Ash and took out her phone to read.

Ash POV
I can't believe that Penelope just went to sleep, leaving me bored. And I can't believe that she actually just sang that song. Looks like I'll just have to read her book. The book was pretty good, she's a good writer.
I was so engrossed in reading that I didn't realise that school's over. Yay! Finally! I nudged Penelope and she woke up. She put on her glasses and took her bag. We were talking while walking towards the foyer.
"Finally," said Penelope, not looking so energetic. "So what time do you wanna go shopping?"
"Gimme a text and I'll meet you at the cafe," I said, arriving at the foyer with her. "I'll have to take my off disguise completely."
"Okay," said Penelope, sitting down on one of the benches, only to hurriedly get up again. "Oh my mother is here! Bye! See ya later!"
She ran towards the gate and I went behind her. My parents are busy, but my house is nearby, so I just walked home. I arrived and got in using the extra keys that I had.
The first thing I did when I went in was go to the bathroom, take off my contact lens, tied my hair up in a ponytail and washed off all of the makeup from my face. It felt soooo much better!
I changed into my regular clothes, wore my glasses and had my lunch. I had leftover spaghetti with carbonara sauce. It's a good thing mom always left extras for me to have for lunch.
Penelope still hasn't called me yet so I guess she isn't done yet. I think I'll watch some tv in the meantime. I turned it to the movie channel. The Dark Knight was on tv. I guess I should watch it to see how Batman and Joker acts. The thing is, I've never watched a Batman movie before.
The only thing I watched was Joker. It was good, so I guess Batman wouldn't be so bad. Joker kept laughing for no reason. Wonder how Penelope is gonna do that. I think she'll do good. It was a serious scene, but I couldn't help but laugh at Joker.
Just then, I got a text from Penelope.
Penelope: Hey I'm done
Penelope: I'll wait for you at the cafe
Me: Otw
Me: Will be there ASAP
Penelope: Okay
I quickly changed, put my shoes on and called for a taxi using the phone app. The driver drove me to the cafe. As soon as we arrived at the cafe, I thanked the driver and went into the cafe. I saw Penelope sitting there with a cup of hot cocoa while browsing through her phone. She looked up when she saw me.
"Took ya long enough," she said, as I sat down in front of her. "You wanna have a drink before going?"
"Sure," I said and called for the nearby waitress. "Can I have a hot cocoa too?"
As soon as we were done with our drinks, we went to the craft store next to the cafe. Penelope bought the notebook and other stuff. I bought some stuff too. We shopped and then we went to the mall.
We went to the costume shop and started buying our stuff there. I got myself the Batman costume and Penelope bought some face paint, a green wig and a Joker outfit.
"Good luck with the costume," I said with a laugh when we were paying. "That costume is gonna be hard. Besides, it's gonna be even harder to act the part because Joker laughs hysterically at literally everything!"
"I don't know how I'm gonna do it," said Penelope with a gulp. "It's gonna be hard, but I think I'll go through with it. It's easier for you, all ya gotta do is be serious and speak with a deep voice."
I was about to reply, but then I saw a familiar face. It was Daniel! He had come with his dad to buy last minute Halloween deco! He was inside the shop, at the decorations section. Uh oh... what are we gonna do?
As soon as the cashier was done packing our stuff, I pulled Penelope into the wig section which was the nearest and looked over the shelves to see if Daniel was still there.