Daniel Extras: Part 5

Maybe she's helping her friend? Maybe it wasn't Devil on the paper? But I remember writing it...
Mathew grabbed a basket and went to hand it over to Joker. I picked up the paper that Batgirl just got and sure enough, it was Devil. What beats me is how did that Joker girl guess it right? I've never seen anything as far fetched, unless she meant Third Eye, but still... how?
Joker girl came to the front and continued the game. I had a glimpse of Dad's lame incognito customer walking in, making a beeline for the study. Dad must've informed the guards, since he clearly didn't have an invitation, nor did he look like he was attending the party.
Joker girl must've gotten Fangs, since she held two fingers near her mouth. Someone shouted "vampire," but Joker quickly shook her head and pointed out the fingers she was holding near her face. Janet guessed teeth at first, but then got it and said Fangs.
Joker left and rejoined Batgirl. Janet came to the front and had her turn of charades. The two mystery guests got up and left, probably to get more snacks or something, and we just continued our game. But I caught sight of them entering the passage leading to the dining hall. Something's fishy...
Wish I could follow them, but I'm the host here. Jason's too excited, even joining in the game of charades. But Gabriel on the other hand...
I slowly snuck up to him. He was binging on the food from the buffet, watching our game as if it was a movie.
"Hey Gab," I whispered. "Could you follow those two?"
"Which two?" Gabriel asked, chomping one of the finger-shaped cookies. He looked like he bit someone's finger off, with the fingertip still hanging out of his mouth.
"The two girls that just left the living room," I said with a frown. "They went that way." I pointed at the direction of the dining hall.
"Okay," Gabriel said, finally swallowing the finger. "And why do I have to go follow them?"
"Because this is my party, and I'm the host," I deadpan. "I have to entertain these people and make sure they don't cause trouble, and you're just here, watching us with popcorn."
"It's cookies," Gabriel said.
"Let it be," I said. "Quick, go follow them. They might be here to cause trouble."
Gabriel begrudgingly got up and went after them. I go back to the centre and watched the game while having my own share of snacks. Everyone were having fun and I'm glad that no one's destroying anything. Dad's in his study, tending to a customer. He'd kill me if he hears anything shatter, be it one of the vases, or the family portrait.
And now there are two unknown guests loitering around the house without my permission. Sure hope they don't cause any trouble...
I went back to the centre and made sure none of them were cheating, or going unruly. The guests that were done with their turn in charades were all busy snacking rather than destroying the house. That's good.
Gabriel soon came out of the dining hall with a frown. I went over to him to ask what's up.
"What were they doing?" I asked.
"They were peeking into Dad's study," Gabriel said with a frown. "When I asked them what they were doing here, they said they looking for the bathroom. The door was open, and they were right next to it, but they didn't seem to notice. They were more interested in looking into Dad's study. He was attending to that weirdo customer."
I nodded thoughtfully and looked around for them.
"Where are they now?" I asked.
"They're still there, probably using the bathroom for real," Gabriel shrugged. "Whatever, go back to your party, I'm sure they don't mean anything."
I went back to the centre and kept a watchful eye out for them. They soon came out and sat at their spots on one of the sofas.
"Daniel, I think the game's over!" Someone shouted. "All of us had a turn!"
I looked at the bowl of phrases and realised that it was empty. All of the papers were outside. I looked over at the guests, and sure enough, everyone were holding a bag of treats.
We moved on to the next game, which was The Killer Game. It was pretty fun, and whoever that won, got a jar of treats. Basically just diabetes in a jar, but I'm not gonna say that.

The party was going good, but I know it's gonna end. Mom made an agreement that the guests should leave by ten. So I think it would be wise to announce the costume winners.
I pulled Gabriel and Jason aside and asked them.
"Who shall win?" I asked. "Who's costume is the best?"
"Me?" Jason said with a smirk, gesturing at himself. "I look cool in this getup."
"Besides you two," I frowned.
"But I want gifts too," Jason whined.
"Well, you're gonna get some, after this," I said. "But who shall win?"
Gabriel shrugged. "That girl with the Joker costume looks good. She even painted her whole face, perfectly at that."
That's true too. Her costume stands out. She's the only one besides me that used face paint.
"That's what I thought too," I said thoughtfully. "But I don't know who she is!"
"Who cares?" Gabriel shrugged. "You only gave invitations to your classmates, and she definitely had one. So she's obviously from your class, right?"
That makes sense too...
"You know what?" I said, grabbing the gifts. "She deserves first place. What about second?"
"The Batman girl?" Jason shrugged. "She looks pretty good, not even breaking character."
I agree, but still, who is she? I think we should do a third place to make things fair.
"What about third?" I asked. I looked over at the guests and tried to scan for a good costume. My gaze fell on James. He wasn't wearing his mask since he was eating. I couldn't even recognise him before he took it off.
Third place goes to him.
I stepped into the centre of the living room again. Jason came in with the gifts on a tray and put them on the table.
"Now we'll give three people a special gift for the best costumes," I announced. "It was initially supposed to be two, but we've decided to give away three. Okay let me read out the names. Third place goes to... JAMES!"
James came up, now wearing his mask again, and took the prize before going back to his spot.
"Second place..." I announced next. "Goes to our Batman girl!"
Batgirl grinned and came to the front to receive her prize. She turned around and ran back to her spot. A long plait swished from the side of her cape. Gosh, how long is her hair? I shrugged it off and went on to announce first place.
"Now for first place," I said with a smirk. "This person will receive an exclusive gift. This gift goes to... JOKER!"
She came to the front, a wide grin on her face, wider than her lipstick. She took the prize while everyone clapped.
"Thank you!" Joker said excitedly.
She ran back to her place and started digging in the cauldron with her friend peeking over her shoulder, grinning.
They look more and more familiar now. But I can't place it...
Everyone started leaving, and so did the two mysterious girls. I can't let them go without finding out who they are!
"Who are you anyway?" I asked, stopping them. "Everyone that I invited came, and two extras. You're the extra two people. Who are you?"
"Joker," the girl dressed like Joker said. "That's who I am."
"Yes and I'm Batman," Batgirl said. "We're not gonna break character."
"There's something familiar about the two of you," I said, pointing at them both. "But I can't tell why. Do I know you? How did you get the invitations?"
I looked intently at them both. I couldn't see much of the Joker girl, but the Batgirl...
Those eyes... I've seen those pale blue eyes somewhere.
"You gave us, duh," Joker said nonchalantly. "Come on, Batman, let's go."
Her voice sounded familiar. Seems like I've heard that voice somewhere...
"That voice..." I said, pointing at Joker before pointing to Batgirl. "You sound very familiar. And you, Batman, your eyes. I've seen those icy blue eyes somewhere..."
"Gotta go, bye!" Batgirl said, dragging Joker out to the porch.
I ran after them, but they quickly got into a black Ford Escape. I was left to watch them drive away into the night.