Chapter 3

I walked into my class and sat in the only empty seat I could find. Beside me was a pretty girl who I didn't recognize. Honestly, pretty feels like an understatement. She was gorgeous. She had brown hair and eyes, and the cutest tiniest nose I've ever seen. I'm assuming she didn't come from my elementary school like most of the other kids. 

"Hi! Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you around before," the pretty stranger said, directing the question towards me.

"Oh, yeah. I'm new here; I just moved schools," I said a little awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jieun! What's your name?"

"I'm Yumi, nice to meet you too," I said and smiled.

"Okay class, time to start," the teacher said, interrupting our conversation.

I like Jieun, she seems nice. 

Class was really boring, and I barely payed attention to the lesson. However, what would you expect? When has a math lesson been interesting? The class after was even more boring, science being low on my personal course rank list. I was so close to falling asleep, but my teacher was really scary, so I refrained. He looked like he could punch any student at any second if they rubbed him the wrong way, luckily that didn't happen though. Finally, the lunch bell rang and I was excited to leave his boring class.

I walked down to the cafeteria and realized I didn't know where I was going to sit. 

Oh god, please don't make me eat in the janitor's closet or something.

I scanned the large cafeteria and it was very intimidating. Everyone clearly already had their own designated seats, and knew everyone. The cafeteria was loud and chattering away, when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone waving. I looked over at whoever it was and noticed it was the girl who sat beside me in my first class, Jieun. She smiled at me and signaled me to come over. I walked over to her table which had a few other girls sitting there, and sat in front of Jieun. 

"Hi Yumi! You looked lost, so I decided why not sit with us?" she said, and I smiled at her kind gesture. 

"These are my friends Somi, and Chungha," she said and they smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you," they said at the same time by accident. They both looked at each other and giggled. They seem like they're already really close.

"Nice to meet you, too," I responded, beaming. I'm so glad I didn't have to eat in the janitor's closet. These girls all seem really nice too, so I'm glad to meet them.

All of sudden the cafeteria quieted down a bit and I wondered what happened. I looked over to where some of the girls were looking and saw one of my worst enemies. Hyunjin walked into the cafeteria and I swear some girls were drooling. I am disgusted that girls somehow find him attractive. I took a closer look at him and I never really noticed it, but he was actually decent looking. He's no longer the skinny scrawny boy he was in grade 8; he got a lot taller and he's more muscular now. He still disgusts me though. I'm not stupid like all these other girls who are blinded by his looks, I know who he really is.

"Do you like him or something?" Jieun asked and giggled.

"Oh god, no. I could never like him."

"Okay good, because he is off-limits."

Off-limits? Does someone here like him? 

I looked back at him and saw a gorgeous girl with long black hair approaching him. She giggled and clung onto his arm. As I looked closer I realized who she was and my expression dropped as all the memories of her flooded back into my mind. I almost completely forgot about her. Almost...