Chapter 31

A/N:

Hey guys! Outsmarted finally hit 1k views!!! I'm so excited and I couldn't thank you enough! All your votes and comments brighten up my day more than you could think (I usually check them pretty often since I have a lot of free time on my hands haha). Anyways, I love you all so much and thank you again!!! <3333

- - -

Wednesday:

It's my last day of mental recovery week, but I still don't think I'm ready to go back to school tomorrow. My anxiety has been through the roof and it made me not want to leave my house. Maybe I can ask for an extension? I mean, I still have to rest so my injuries can heal. The board should be understanding. 

I hobbled down the stairs feeling weak. I had spent an extra 4 hours cleaning last night until I felt that my kitchen and I were clean enough. I mopped the floors, wiped the sink and counter, washed my sink, showered multiple times, did the laundry... it was exhausting. I walked into my family room carelessly and accidentally saw my photos. The sight infuriated me, so I screamed at them. I screamed at stupid happy Yumi and my stupid, fake loving mother and father.

"STOP MOCKING ME!" 

I didn't stop screaming. I was just so... angry. I've never been quite this irritated before over something so little. Without thinking I grabbed the photo right in the middle and took it off the wall. I looked down at me and my parents and lost it. It seems I may have been slightly emotionally unstable lately, because when I threw my picture frame at the wall the fact was confirmed. The glass shattered upon impact, sending shards flying all over the floor. I walked away feeling satisfied with myself. I decided right then and there that tomorrow I would pack all those photos. They're going to the dump.

Thursday:

I didn't go to school and I never ended up asking for the extension. One absence won't kill me. One absence seems like nothing compared to what happened to me at that hotel. 

I think Hyunjin is becoming worried for me. He texted me this morning asking why I never left the house. I felt bad that I let him wait outside for me, but I refused to open the door. What if someone barges in and tries to kidnap me when I open the door? You never know what to expect in a world like this, so I'd rather not take any chances. 

Like promised, I grabbed a box and put all the photos on my wall in it. All the photos of me, or of my parents and I, were packed away. I looked behind me at the photo I threw at the wall yesterday. I figured that I should finally clean that up. I went over and picked it up. I looked down at it and my heart broke. They were smiling again. The photo no longer projected a mockery of me, it went back to the loving, genuine smiles which I remembered. I felt a tear escape out of my eyes. I just wanted my parents to be here. Mini Yumi was never mocking me about the fact that she had parents who loved her and I didn't—it was me. I made up the whole thing in my head.

Mom, dad? Why can't you just love me? What did I ever do to deserve your hatred? Why did you leave me? 

I cried a little harder, clutching the photo in my hands.

You two are the only people in this whole world who are supposed to protect me. You should've protected me. You shouldn't have let that happen to me! Look what you did! Thanks to you I'm a mess! I can't even leave my house anymore...can't handle seeing a speck of dirt. I couldn't even look at this stupid photo for days! I'm losing my mind! You should've protected me from that! ...Or even at the very least, you should be here right now. You should be here hugging me when I need you the most. I need you guys, but you're off in China enjoying your new life without me.