Chapter 19

The next two weeks I tried to lay low about my small crush. I hung out with Minho more, which made it hard to not make my feelings obvious, but I tried my best to make things seem normal. We only ever went to the skate park to hang out, which was super fun. My skateboarding skills got much better over the last couple of weeks; I even did a flippy thing with the skateboard. Chan said the name of the trick a bunch of times, but I keep forgetting it.

Overall though, nothing much happened with Minho usually... I really think he only sees me as a friend. It kind of hurts, but I guess he could always end up liking me back in the future, so I tried not to let myself get down about it. Sometimes he would look me up and down, which made me think he might find me attractive, but I doubt it's anything. Those looks are nothing like the looks he gives the other girls at the skate park, I swear he looks at them like they're some sort of snack and he's been starving for months.

I ended up sleeping over at Hyunjin's house both Fridays, so I could just go to work straight from his house. I think it's becoming some sort of routine now, but I like it. I have a lot of fun at his house, we watch movies and stuff. Also, shockingly, Hyunjin is kind of a good cook. He made me this pasta dish and it was so good. I could've eaten four pots of that stuff, but I had to be polite and not eat all their food. 

I put on my shoes and grabbed my backpack to ready to go to school. I opened the door and smiled when I saw Hyunjin. 

"Good morning!" I said and locked my door.

We stepped down my steps and started heading to school. I was in a particularly good mood today. I don't know, things have just been going well I guess, so I couldn't help but smile ear to ear. I'm really happy with my social life right now. 

"Hey Mimi?" Hyunjin said interrupting my thoughts.

"Ya?" 

"I'm not going to walk you home anymore. I'll still walk you to school in the mornings though," he said.

What? That's so random. 

"Why not? I love walking home with you. That's when we catch up about the school day," I said disappointed.

"You can walk home with Minho."

Woah, is he mad at me or something? This is so out of normal.

I looked up at him a bit baffled. 

"Are you mad at me or something?" I asked.

"No," he said and paused, thinking about what to say next, "Some days you just randomly leave with Minho and don't tell me. I don't like waiting around, only to realize you left a while ago."

Shit, I guess I've done that a couple times. Minho always just tells me to forget about Hyunjin. God, I feel really bad now.

"I'm sorry, I won't do that anymore," I said sincerely.

"You won't... because you can walk with Minho. It's fine I don't care, I'll still see you in the mornings and on Saturdays."

"No, please walk me home still. I promise I won't leave you without telling you ever again."

He didn't answer me for a moment, thinking about what he should say.

"Fine, I'll give you one more chance," he said finally.

"Thank you," I said and smiled.

Jeez, I really fucked up. How am I supposed to get further with my plan if I keep accidentally leaving him for Minho? 

We arrived at the school and parted ways. 

I spent the first two periods thinking about how I could hang out with both Minho and Hyunjin. It seems like no matter who I choose someone will end up being disappointed. I can't just choose one or the other though, I need to go forward with my Hyunjin plan so I can't stop hanging out with him. I also can't upset Hyunjin since I work for his dad and I don't really want to lose my job over personal conflicts. At the same time though, I can't stop hanging out Minho because I have a crush on him. Every time I see him I get butterflies and my heart rushes; I can't stop being friends with him.