Chapter 60

"You're really slow."

I rolled my eyes. "You're lucky I'm even here considering you had to convince me to come with you."

"Thank you, Mimiiiii," Hyunjin said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. 

"Blegh."

We continued walking, our pathway being illuminated by nothing but the moonlight in this mysterious forest. I thought we were lost at first, but Hyunjin insisted he knew the area well enough.

"What's that?" I ask. 

Hyunjin looks to where I was referencing, taking in the moonlight's reflection ahead of us. We walked over to find an abandoned dock and a reserved, secluded body of water. Surprisingly, it was private, and considering the fact we were probably lost, with no path to follow to get back, I doubt many people would find us here.

"Perfect!" I say, and run over to the dock.

I kick off my shoes and sit down, dangling my feet in the water.

"Aren't you scared of the spiders?" Hyunjin calls out from behind me.

I looked over my shoulder to see that he hasn't even stepped on the dock yet.

"C'mon, you big baby! There aren't any! But if I find one I'll kill it!"

Hyunjin walks over and sits beside me.

"I'm just messing with you. I'm not scared of spiders one bit," he says, crossing his arms over his puffed up chest.

"Sureee..."

I look out at the waters, the waves crashing into each other in a peaceful way under the moonlight. I feel calm and serene watching the sight. The weather is surprisingly nice. It's neither too cold nor too warm. Just a simple spring night.

Suddenly, I feel eyes peering into the side of my head. I look to my left to see Hyunjin watching me very intensely.

"Don't look at me like that, it makes me feel like I have something on my face," I say and cover my face with my hands. "I don't have food on my lip again, do I?"

Hyunjin chuckles, and removes my hands from my face. "Shut up."

He looks at me a bit longer. Under the moonlight it felt like the magnetic pull between us was stronger. I fought so hard to resist it, but Hyunjin continued to lean in until our faces were merely an inch apart. He looked down at my lips and grabbed me by the chin. 

Oh no. I've already been naughty enough.

I back away, drawing a larger, unwanted distance between our lips.

Hyunjin frowns. "Why do you always hesitate?" he asks, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

I stay silent for a moment. Desperately trying to think of something honest to say.

Oh yeah, I'm scared of losing you because I'm actually you're psychotic ex-best friend  who only became friends with you as revenge. I'm trying not to get too emotionally attached before you inevitably leave me after discovering who I really am.

I look down toward my feet swirling in the water.

"I can't lose this..." I say, leaving out most of my true thoughts. "It seems easier to push you away than to let other circumstances do it."

Hyunjin, with his hand still on my chin, directs my face back toward his.

"Impossible. I promise you, that no matter what, I will always be with you. Even if a tornado swept me away, I'd put on a stupid pair of red, sparkly heels to click 3 times to get back to you.