Chapter 28

The beating of my heart was probably going faster than humanly possible, or at least that's what it felt like. That's the magic of fear. It warps your perception; time seems to slow and the only thing you can focus on is survival.

The dawning reality that he lured me out here was the scariest thing. He planned this. Who knows what he's going to do or what is included in his brilliant plan. Sick people like him can be so unpredictable... and that fact alone could be powerful enough to paralyze me in fear.

He walked in the room not bothering to check on me.

Wow, that was surprisingly careless. I could literally run away at any second and he wouldn't even know.

"Mimi, could you check under the bed? I'm going to check the bathroom," he shouted from inside the room.

I'm not stupid—well that's a lie. I was stupid to come all the way out here with Seonghwa, even when Hyunjin tried to warn me. Anyways, what I was trying to say, is that I'm not stupid enough to wait around while he "searches for his wallet". 

So, I bolted.

Fucking booked it. Seemingly flying through the halls, I ran as fast as I my legs could take me. I ran all the way to the end of the hall deciding to take the stairs, because if I try to take the elevator and he catches me before the door closes I'm screwed to say the least. 

I whipped open the door and ran down the stairs. I was already almost 4 flights down the square spiral staircase when I heard a crashing noise upstairs. My knees almost buckled on me in fear, knowing damn well that had to be Seonghwa.

"YUMI!" he screamed. His voice echoed throughout the staircase and I almost yelped, but luckily I stopped myself.

I sneakily looked up through the middle of the stairs and to my horror saw him jumping over entire flights of stairs at once like a fucking ape. I'm not even kidding—he literally grabbed both railings and used it to let him jump over the entire length of steps.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. 

But I'm not giving up that easily, even though watching him fly over the stairs like that definitely wasn't encouraging. I kept running, but I realized that the noise of his footsteps were approaching me faster than I'd be able to get to the lobby. I decided I would hide somewhere.

I opened the door to floor 3 and ran through the halls like a crazy lady. I don't care how stupid I look though... that shit doesn't matter right now. How could anything aside from getting away from Seonghwa, matter to me right now? 

I banged on people's doors, screaming for help as I went down the hallway hoping maybe someone would see Seonghwa running through the halls after me and call the police. God, what I would do to be at home right now, instead of in a gross hotel in the middle of no where being chased by a psychopath.

I was at the end of the hallway when I heard a door opening. I quickly whipped my head around to see if it was Seonghwa. Obviously it was and I swore under my breath. Luckily, he looked to the side of the hallway opposite of me, so I took that as an opportunity to turn and find a hiding spot. I looked at the new path I chose and was on the verge of tears once I realized it was a dead end. 

There was only one thing here in my favor; a sofa I could hide under. It was one of those sofas that had a flap of fabric covering the space between the floor and the bottom of the sofa.

I quickly ran through the short hallway, knocking on the doors as I went down. I didn't knock too loudly though. If Seonghwa was checking for me on the other side of the floor like I was praying, he wouldn't hear me.